THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
@robertk starling advice please 🙏 😅

Mr moss is proving to be a fussy eater.. loves hard boiled eggs.. gone off the cat food combo… got special starling mix .. 2 kinds…. Just gags at eating that…. The only thing he will eat without hesitation is meal worms… but remembering what u said about Pee Wee’s experience with them… am super careful….!!!!

He had his first day out in the wild… he came back home at dusk… so is safely tucked up in the kitchen for the night!! xx

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only thing he will eat without hesitation is meal worms
Those should be only a treat, and only occasionally. The boiled eggs are good. (So are scrambled eggs -- PeeWee loves scrambled eggs.) I would assume the Starling mix is good too. How do you feed it? Wet? Or dry? I don't know about Mr. Moss, but PeeWee has never been a fan of wet food. When he was a baby we syringe fed him with a wet "mush", but as he got older he wouldn't take mushy food, or applesauce, or anything like that.

If Mr Moss is eating while outside during the day, you probably don't have to be quite as careful. But who knows if he is or not. PeeWee doesn't go outside (he's thoroughly imprinted on us, not afraid of dogs or cats, and would not survive in the wild), so he gets the same food all the time. The recipe was recommended by a starling rehab expert (on starlingtalk.com) and it's a mix of cat food and laying chicken food -- four parts cat food to one part chicken food, ground up and mixed together. We add a scoop of vitamins/minerals to ours, but it's not strictly necessary. Then you can either make a "mush" of that if he will eat it, or do what we do for PeeWee and get it just wet enough to stick together, then roll it into little bite size pieces. (That sounds like a lot of work, and it would be, but we cheat -- grind the cat food and chicken food with a coffee grinder (not the same one we use for coffee), then add one part water, mix again, and run it though a meat grinder. That will push out nice little "ropes" of it that we can then sit in an warm oven for a while to dry out, and PeeWee will eat them happily.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good morning everyone. :coffee2:
20240519_194814~2.jpg

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Those should be only a treat, and only occasionally. The boiled eggs are good. (So are scrambled eggs -- PeeWee loves scrambled eggs.) I would assume the Starling mix is good too. How do you feed it? Wet? Or dry? I don't know about Mr. Moss, but PeeWee has never been a fan of wet food. When he was a baby we syringe fed him with a wet "mush", but as he got older he wouldn't take mushy food, or applesauce, or anything like that.

If Mr Moss is eating while outside during the day, you probably don't have to be quite as careful. But who knows if he is or not. PeeWee doesn't go outside (he's thoroughly imprinted on us, not afraid of dogs or cats, and would not survive in the wild), so he gets the same food all the time. The recipe was recommended by a starling rehab expert (on starlingtalk.com) and it's a mix of cat food and laying chicken food -- four parts cat food to one part chicken food, ground up and mixed together. We add a scoop of vitamins/minerals to ours, but it's not strictly necessary. Then you can either make a "mush" of that if he will eat it, or do what we do for PeeWee and get it just wet enough to stick together, then roll it into little bite size pieces. (That sounds like a lot of work, and it would be, but we cheat -- grind the cat food and chicken food with a coffee grinder (not the same one we use for coffee), then add one part water, mix again, and run it though a meat grinder. That will push out nice little "ropes" of it that we can then sit in an warm oven for a while to dry out, and PeeWee will eat them happily.
Ah thank you! 💕 Feed everything dry.. he is drinking and bathing … will get some chicken food tomoz, when i go to town… he ate the whites of boiled egg and some grapes this morning before he went out.. ive watched him flying around with the rest if the new babies.. so hopefully he will eat with them… i put fatballs out for the garden flock and have seen him down on the feeders… i think im just an overly worried mother!!

Thank you, really appreciate your help 😊 xx

(Posing for a pre flight pic 😍)
IMG_2933.jpeg

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Afternoon Crew xx hope ur all having a joyous day 😆 xx we have another Bank Holiday next Monday.. but have a nasty feeling we will be gardening… have avoided for the last few weeks claiming “no mow may” …. Am wondering if there is a similar eco friendly reason for not messing with it in June ?! 😆 xx 🤗

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Afternoon Crew xx hope ur all having a joyous day 😆 xx we have another Bank Holiday next Monday.. but have a nasty feeling we will be gardening… have avoided for the last few weeks claiming “no mow may” …. Am wondering if there is a similar eco friendly reason for not messing with it in June ?! 😆 xx 🤗
:o

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Not my Farmall Cub.
Pylon type projections for attaching implements show one bolt sticking out.
(Lower center shows the bolt , and to left of that one is another protrusion/pylon thingy.)
I posted the picture to show corks painted over in unused holes.
They keep unused threads clean. Mud daubers only one type potential source of dirt/obstruction.
01010_4ayLlVEQ7s9_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Latest Discussions