Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a Raptor, that I bought from George Lesche about 10 years ago. This tool has been through a lot of use, misuse, and neglect. It is standing up to the test of time.

After buying this tool and using it for about 3 years, I gave up metal detecting and put it aside, but it did not stay put away. Family members used it for gardening tasks, and it was left in the yard for several years to face the elements,. It did a great job of holding up to Mother Nature.!!

The sheath is gone, but the digger is still, except for minor pitting, as good as the day it was bought.

On the back side of the digger, there is a number....GRL 2003.. I don't know what the R stands for but obviously the GL is for George Lesche, and the date is 2003.

I really treasure this tool, It is well made, the design is great, and its ability to withstand abuse is above outstanding.
It will never see abuse again!

My Hat's off to you Mr. Lesche for making such a fine digging tool, it has dug up some fond memories!!

Roy

morgan44

Tenderfoot
Feb 16, 2013
It's it the same as the model 31 predator digger? I'm on the fence about spending that much on a hand digger

Quoddy

Greenie
Mar 22, 2013
New York/Vermont Border
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's it the same as the model 31 predator digger? I'm on the fence about spending that much on a hand digger
The Model 31 is the Raptor. It's the last of 4 Predator tools that I purchased, and fast became my favorite. If you're like me and hate spending time moving dirt/sand from the hole what seems like a teaspoon at a time (as with the most common digger), then the Raptor is the way to go.

OP
OP
Digger2

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes it is the same, the one I have is about 10 years old and still going strong.
Quality costs $$$, this Raptor is a quality product, well worth the money.

Roy

morgan44

Tenderfoot
Feb 16, 2013
I finally pulled the trigger and then I tweaked it a little.

Attachments

• image-2510956579.jpg
    image-2510956579.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 966
OP
OP
Digger2

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like that handle, what did you use to fit over the existing handle?

Roy

morgan44

Tenderfoot
Feb 16, 2013
I'm a plumber, so I use a 3/4 black iron nipple. I cut the threads off of each end, wheeled out the welder and smoked her. A little work on the belt grinder and she's smooth and ready to go. It makes a pretty comfortable difference.

OP
OP
Digger2

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the info, I think I have a little 3/4" bip left over,I may give that a try.

Roy

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread