the rarest of the rosies, musketball, old ring, folded wheatie

johny mc.

May 18, 2005
I love this hobby. As the savvy coin collector knows the rosies are not that valuable. Other than the double dyed the 49-s is the rarest. lol...lol
also included being held by my finger is a very old gold and copper ring probably wore by a lady. We just started to hunt this site and I suspect you will see some nice things emerge. I'll keep you posted. ;)
The Wheatie was folded in half like a sandwich.
and I don't know why but I love musketballs. aloha...............johny mc.
me and a hunting buddy have been hitting so many different sites- he finds buffalos like I find wheaties which is interesting because buffalos are tough........................

oh yea I wanted to share this email story I got from a customer...you all will like it:

John,
Tim copied me on the Wigwam socks, and I've been meaning to contact you, so now that your e-mail address is in front of me, I can do it easily. My brother was over visiting from Montana a few days the beginning of the month, and one day I took him out to show him how the detector works. He tried it a bit, and then he watched me use it. I showed him that I had a signal for a pull-tab, but that the guy who sold it to me (you) had told me to dig everything, because once you had found a gold ring when your detector told you it was a pop-tab. Then I dug and Voila! a 10K gold ring! My brother couldn't believe his eyes. Thanks for the good advice: it made digging for all those other pull-tabs worthwhile.
-Ned mnte

Attachments

• P1010012.JPG
    P1010012.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 349
Upvote 0

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Awesome finds :o I dunno why someone would fold a penny but when i was little i folded them and shot em with elastics.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
johny mc. said:
John,
? ? Tim copied me on the Wigwam socks, and I've been meaning to contact you, so now that your e-mail address is in front of me, I can do it easily.? My brother was over visiting from Montana a few days the beginning of the month, and one day I took him out to show him how the detector works.? He tried it a bit, and then he watched me use it.? I showed him that I had a signal for a pull-tab, but that the guy who sold it to me (you) had told me to dig everything, because once you had found a gold ring when your detector told you it was a pop-tab.? Then I dug and Voila! a 10K gold ring!? My brother couldn't believe his eyes.? Thanks for the good advice: it made digging for all those other pull-tabs worthwhile.
-Ned mnte??

SORRY hurt my EYES trying to Read in YELLOW

NICE LETTER & COOL FINDS .

Thanks for Sharing !

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent!? Last week I found a gold ring that bounced back and forth from a nickel to a pulltab.? ?Now I expect every target that acts like that to be a gold ring!? Usually it's a pull tab!? .....speaking of pull tabs! Monty

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
WTG.....nice finds! Am I missing something? Didn't know 1949 S was a rare dime.

LOL @ Jeff! Yellow is not very friendly on the eyes! :o

Happy Hunting!

Moon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread