THE RECESSION IS OVER??

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
As most of you know I read a lot of mags. I just got one that states, in just , that salaries are rising. It pointed to a survey that lists several CEO's salaries. TRW CEO John Plant was struggling along on a paltry $6.7M. He got a 510% increase to $41.4M. Ford CEO, Alan Mulally got a 524% increase. Stephen Roell of Johnson Controlls got a 424% increase. So you see, things are getting better--- FOR THE RICH! What do you guys think? Frank

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Get a years supply of dried vacuum sealed food AND heirloom seeds,good for over 20 year! Coupla hundred rounds of ammo,ya got those that have and those that have not,do the math,a GOOD water filter,country knowhow,and,HOPE for the BEST........PREPARE for the WORST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!It really bothers me this Country has sunk to this level,this is not the AMERICA I was born into.GOD BLESS AMERICA ONCE AGAIN! GodBless ALL HH Chris

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: Tell that to all the people who are losing their homes and all the people that are out of work and trying to scrap enough money together to make ends meet.
There was a news cast yesterday that the economy was getting better this last quarter and we're on the way to recovery, what a joke. Politics at it's finest. >:(

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
ression is over --depression setting in .

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
I think you nailed it, Ivan.

Oh, and platinum now cheaper than gold, and silver just jumped $1.50/ounce in 6 hours.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, today they announced a major disappointment on the employment front and all of the major indicies on Wall St. were down over 2-1/2%. I did see 5 things that increased in value though: Gold, silver, corn, wheat and soybeans. Food prices are going to get even higher. I'm not a believer in the big doomsday theory but I have stockpiled. Can't hurt, it won't go to waste and is handy in any disaster, big or little.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am so glad it is over! I cannot wait to start working. At least the more the government pours into business the better chance we all have? ::) Oh wait,, the higher the prices get on commodities! Not winning on my street!

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Capitalism won't destroy America.

Corporatism will.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went into the ER a while back, wasn't busy so I got in and out pretty quick, maybe an hour and a half, tops. They took a couple xrays of my wrist and then told me I had a bad case tendonitis, already had a wrist support so they sent me home and told me to take it easy on the wrist for a while. Bills started arriving the other day, already looking at close to $1000.00 and I'm sure there's still a few more bills on the way. The cost of medical care is out of this world, something like this shouldn't have cost more then a few hundred bucks. Like everything else, it's just another trainwreck that's in need of a serious overhaul.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigscoop said:
Went into the ER a while back, wasn't busy so I got in and out pretty quick, maybe an hour and a half, tops. They took a couple xrays of my wrist and then told me I had a bad case tendonitis, already had a wrist support so they sent me home and told me to take it easy on the wrist for a while. Bills started arriving the other day, already looking at close to $1000.00 and I'm sure there's still a few more bills on the way. The cost of medical care is out of this world, something like this shouldn't have cost more then a few hundred bucks. Like everything else, it's just another trainwreck that's in need of a serious overhaul.

I agree with that! Everything the insurance industry has touched has ballooned costs out of sight! Not long ago Veterinarian bills were reasonable, but they got into the Pet insurance industry, And insurance is a HUGE lobby against US!

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hope ya like it; this is just a start.

Only one hope: the sooner Americans smarten up, the better. :tongue3:

.....................Nope; doesn't look good at all......................

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's a way of looking at it.

Think of how things are today. Now move your mind to the year 2030. See how 2030 absolutely sucks? So, by comparison, 2011 seems like an upturn in the economy.

Glad I could help.
Badger

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I think my neighbors are all stocking up on ammo too, so's we can all shoot each other when things really get nuts!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Michigan Badger said:
Here's a way of looking at it.

Think of how things are today. Now move your mind to the year 2030. See how 2030 absolutely sucks? So, by comparison, 2011 seems like an upturn in the economy.

Glad I could help.
Badger
The power of positive thinking. :laughing7:

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
A lot of republicans think that if you limit wages for CEOs, they won't be able to produce jobs. If you look at the difference in wage versus the comman man's wage, you see that the difference is inversely proportional to the health of the country.

I had a brief conversation with a co-worker the other day about the CEO of a medicine research company... I told him, God forbid that the CEO couldn't afford his silver ware, and his 12 hotrods, and his home's all over the world... because the medicinal discoveries would start to falter. He didn't say anything after that.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fistfulladirt said:
I think my neighbors are all stocking up on ammo too, so's we can all shoot each other when things really get nuts!

Why don't you form a government to protect you and serve you?

The framework's already there, so you don't have to reinvent that.

All you have to do is apply critical thinking skills, run for office, and don't get sold out.

Read this for inspiration:
http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/constitution.html

Good luck.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Here's a bit of a reminder from the past. When the DC sniper was randomly shooting people, Chief Moose of the police dept made a statement on TV. You people have to look out for yourselves, we can't be everywhere all the time! At the time it was illegal to have a gun in DC.
Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions