The Resurrection Of An Oldie

fsa46

Jan 10, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Whites DFPI, 2 @ Excalibur II, 2 @ Sovereign GT w/ 10" & 8" Tornado coils, 2@ 10x12 SEF coils all on their own rods, Whites MXT Pro , 2@ Garrett Pro Pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
002 (200x178).jpg I found this ring this Winter while hunting with my Buddy OBN and thought it was junk.

009 (500x281).jpg When I got home and cleaned it, to my surprise it was stamped and tested 14K. I brought it to a jeweler to have it sent out to be sized, cleaned up and have a topaz put in.

I received a call the next day to inform me that the ring was 14K rolled gold ( plated ) and he couldn't do anything with it.

I really liked this old ring and decided to have it cast in 14K . I gave the jeweler the ring and some gold rings for the project.

Today ( three weeks later ) I got a call saying it was done. I headed down and below is my old resurrected 14K darling. Hope you enjoy it as much as I.

011 (500x370).jpg 003 (500x387).jpg

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

McClod

Jun 14, 2013
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Pro Pointer and Whites TRX Pin Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man that turned out beautiful!!! Very nice! Now don't loose it while your out hunting!

sandswimmer

Apr 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Xcal Xterra's DF
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That came out really nice. Wear it with pride, but not to the beach! SS

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aweosme! That looks great.

Hydro Man

Aug 19, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000 OBN RPP & GGA
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That's Impressive!!!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Beautiful Ring Buddy, The Jeweler did a Great job on the remake...I remember the day you dug that. maybe another next year..See you next spring..

I-DIG-IT

Silver Member
Mar 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a beauty, nice job. If you don't mine me asking, how much did he charged you.

OP
OP
F

fsa46

Jan 10, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Whites DFPI, 2 @ Excalibur II, 2 @ Sovereign GT w/ 10" & 8" Tornado coils, 2@ 10x12 SEF coils all on their own rods, Whites MXT Pro , 2@ Garrett Pro Pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a beauty, nice job. If you don't mine me asking, how much did he charged you.

It cost $450. and I supplied the gold. I had one other estimate that was for $500.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beautiful restoration job, fsa!

It's gorgeous!:hello2:

Lorraine

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
now I'm considering doing same thing,what a great idea !!!a beauty

OP
OP
F

fsa46

Jan 10, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
BEAUTY is not always just skin deep. You took the ugliness that went clear to the bone and really made a Beauty.
Is the jeweler in Bristol? I know of one detectorist that had a necklace made form his gold and his initial form silver that he found.
Using your own precious metal is an inexpensive way to get a fabulous keepsake that holds many memories and stories that can be told about it. Wonderful way to go. Very impressive.

May the ring of gold be in your ears and its glitter in your scoop.

OP
OP
F

fsa46

Jan 10, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BEAUTY is not always just skin deep. You took the ugliness that went clear to the bone and really made a Beauty.
Is the jeweler in Bristol? I know of one detectorist that had a necklace made form his gold and his initial form silver that he found.
Using your own precious metal is an inexpensive way to get a fabulous keepsake that holds many memories and stories that can be told about it. Wonderful way to go. Very impressive.

May the ring of gold be in your ears and its glitter in your scoop.

Thanks WW.

No, it's not the guy that comes to some of the meetings, if that's who you're thinking.

I'm 69 and never worn any jewelry. However, I've always been in love with the old stuff ( including jewelry ) and really liked this ring and thought the time was right for the very reasons you mentioned. The history, memories, and the story that goes with it.

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's killer!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread