Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am one that will admit to a bonehead mistake, This is a first for me.
Went to one of my resort beaches a couple of days ago, the same one I found the gold coin pendent on the beach a couple of weeks ago.
Did a Hookah dive and it was going great, lots of coins and then toward the end I came up with a 18k band small.
Great" came up took a picture of it and instead of putting it back in my mesh bag that I have on my chest, I was going to do like everyone else and put it on my carabiner.....looks cool and safe...well, I fumbled the ball and dropped it...Great, well, just go down and get it back, well, my mask had dropped when I took my headphones off....of great, well look for it, the water was murky, I just marked the spot with my tank and float and went back and got my other mask, came back and looked for that sucker for 30 min...nothing...wow, I guess that's why there is always something left behind. Well, the beach was about to open and I could not be there anymore.

Come back the next day and new tank ande all to look for it for another two hours, ,,,nothing, but did find other stuff too in the same area. (make this short)
Have to leave again
Get home
Start to think about it.
Start to think about my mesh bag that was on my chest with the biner right above it.
Yes, I had not look in my mesh bag yet, went into the shower and dumped everything out and yes, there it was. The ring that cost me all that time. I had thought it had dropped into the water, but it had dropped into the bag again. Lesson learned, just leave it in the bag next time.:BangHead:

Thanks for reading.....I hope this will be my only screw up this and next year.

My finds were just at $40 in change that kind of surprised me and the ring. I did make a video of it, but I am still working with it being new to doing that and all..
View attachment 1369435 View attachment 1369440

Attachments

• IMG_0245.JPG
    IMG_0245.JPG
    674.2 KB · Views: 160
  • 2014_0107_225441_003.JPG
    2014_0107_225441_003.JPG
    599.3 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Upvote 30

Rogue Relic Hunter

Oct 3, 2016
Virginia Colony
Detector(s) used
DETECTORS: XP Deus WS-4, Garrett AT Pro and Pro-Pointer, Fisher CZ-5
TOOLS: Piranha shovel & R85 Military digger, both by Predator Tools
ATTIRE: Red Head brand Knee-High Waterproof Snake Boots
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
i have done dumb things with finds in the field. hard not to start messing with them sometimes. i made a rule also, put it in my find box and move on. fig the time could be used finding another relic. congrats on the ring!

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Luckily you found it again. I can tell you a few stories of lost gold that has never been found. Nice story. Glad you are still finding things.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Little rascal kept you busy!
Good find and recovery , and recovery....again.

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Not dumb, just human. Congrats on the beautiful gold! You will just appreciate that one even a little bit more.

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
glad you found that ring, congrats on the 'GOLD' ..........waiting on the movie version.....:thumbsup:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the Gold ring! :occasion14:

Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might have been a pain in the rear to find again. However for me, finding it that second time after fearing it lost would have been worth the hassle. I hate that feeling of having lost something or even not being able to find something.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story glad you found it. I found a silver quarter which I dropped when I got attacked by a regiment of bees went back and still haven't found it but I will sooner or later unless they flew off with it Thanks for the cool post!!!!!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iv'e been lucky so far, I know one of these days......
I love my Hookamax, so far I have only used it in murky waters. I'm planning a trip to use it in some crystal clear waters, I can't wait!
Nice GOLD, congrats!

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with NEL Big Coil DD. Garrett Pro-Pointer Plus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A great haul! And don't be so hard on yourself. That stuff happens! And the ring is a beauty! Congrats. -Lisa

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dave,

Don't be to hard on yourself.....most of us have done some pretty dumb stuff detecting a few years back went out detecting early in the spring and was wondering why my machine seemed to be acting up note to self don't go detecting with steel toed boots...:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Regards + HH

Bill

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Ring that cost me a lot of time"

I love this story!!!! It reminds me of a Tudor rose cufflink I found. I put it in my special keeper case in my backpack and continued my hunt. I always check my case before I leave to make sure all is there. I look in the case and no link. I look in the backpack and no link. I'm thinking it will be simple to locate. Just detect where my backpack was. An hour later and I cannot find it. So I have to leave. I got home and I'm devestated. I take my case out and look again....nothing. I look in my backpack again ....nothing. I get mad and start shaking the crap out of my backpack and something flies out of a small fold in the back pack. Yep I'm an idiot

FLORIDA KEYS PIRATE

Mar 29, 2016
Inverness FL.
Detector(s) used
Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would have drove me crazy , not being able to find it. Bet you had to laugh when you found it the second time. Good stuff !

BIENER

Apr 27, 2016
Indiana
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
AT Max
Racer 2
CORS Fierce coil
CORS Fortune coil
CORS Scout
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
CONFUSCIOUS SAY MIGHTY NICE FINDS .

OP
OP
Dave N Japan

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ha...Ha....Sounds just like me....I was kind of upset after that second day.....Things tend to get lost so easy,even back in the old days, I guess that that's why we have a great hobby

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread