The Robert and Sarah Morriss Story

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
When can we meet after the 4th. I would like to show some of what I have found.
Well, gonna rain on the 4th, 5th, 6th, & 7th; then wife & I am gonna go to Buena Vista, Va. to "scout" area for Beach Fest, 2017 on the 29th. Her BD is the 16th, so we MAY go to Fairy Stone State Park & "hit the Beach"... if we stay "down there" for two nights, MAYBE then. Be "closer" for you.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Know the area well. Dug up some silver coins to the right as you enter near the swimming hole. That is where moonshiners lived and rivals had a big shootout. Two or three killed. One was killed by a 98 year old Rebel. Mean bunch back then. I saw barber dimes found one day by detectorist in the rain. So I came back and hunted deeper finding silver quarters and such. But yes we may meet there?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Well, gonna rain on the 4th, 5th, 6th, & 7th; then wife & I am gonna go to Buena Vista, Va. to "scout" area for Beach Fest, 2017 on the 29th. Her BD is the 16th, so we MAY go to Fairy Stone State Park & "hit the Beach"... if we stay "down there' for two nights, MAYBE then. Be "closer" for you.
OR... we can meet at Jones Memorial Library in L'burg, Va.; we can do R & I, AND! You can show me what cha got. JML opens @ 1 pm... CLOSED on Mondays.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Know the area well. Dug up some silver coins to the right as you enter near the swimming hole. That is where moonshiners lived and rivals had a big shootout. Two or three killed. One was killed by a 98 year old Rebel. Mean bunch back then. I saw barber dimes found one day by detectorist in the rain. So I came back and hunted deeper finding silver quarters and such. But yes we may meet there?
Silver...? Yeah, wife found SILVER in the beach sand at the Park; in her "MOJO" Bag, now... found a few Fairy Stones as well; also in her "MOJO" Bag. (Singing...) GOT MY MOJO WORKIN' by Muddy Waters... BEALE STREET BLUES, LIVE! (Elvis has left the building...). Heh...

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
OR... we can meet at Jones Memorial Library in L'burg, Va.; we can do R & I, AND! You can show me what cha got. JML opens @ 1 pm... CLOSED on Mondays.
IF, you decide to come up to L'burg; MOST afternoons are "free" as long as I know ahead of time... can show you Beale Treasure's Plaque & burial site in OCC, meet Mr. D if he is there; can show you Roslyn Place (RM), The Arlington as it is now; The Virginian (being renovated), where the Daily Virginian Newspaper & Job print was. Review OLD newspaper stored on "Micro", 2-3 hours; bring camera/make notes. Looking forward to seeing what cha got!

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Park the tour buses on Beale Street Blues for the tours. Should attract a lot of treasure hunters and researchers in particular. After the tour in Lynchburg then the tour moves out to Hunter's Hill Plantation for the end of the tour take everyone to the Beale Treasure Plaque. Hell I will take a couple of tickets myself if you can find Hunter's Hill and the cemetery with Robert Morriss and Sarah Mitchell Morriss his wife buried along side Giles Ward and Harriet.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
HA! All we have is Beale Treasure Trail in B'ford County, at base of Taylor Mountain; COULD go there, & then Beale Brewery & BBQ for lunch. On to B'ford Library for R & I "of Interest"... AND! The B'ford Historical Museum in the old Lodge Hall; the Beale Treasure MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR could end at Peaks of Otter, where the Raven & 3 Crows would entertain & present their copy-righted play... MEAT! MEAT! MEAT! You wanna drive the BTMMT van bus...? We could probably lease one somewhere... up the price to $1000 a head! Heh!

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
We could create a NON-PROFIT, 501 (C) (3) Organization for Research, Education, Historical, etc. for Beale Treasure MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR, and write for GRANTS! Ppl who donate to BTMMT could get a WRITE-OFF! "WIN-WIN" for ALL!

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We could create a NON-PROFIT, 501 (C) (3) Organization for Research, Education, Historical, etc. for Beale Treasure MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR, and write for GRANTS! Ppl who donate to BTMMT could get a WRITE-OFF! "WIN-WIN" for ALL!

Naw, anytime government is involved forget it. Go into as a charitable from the funds raised and donate it to different programs for education or health. Scholarships would be good.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
SCHOLARSHIPS...? YEAH! for VMI! Heh... WEALTHY Families & Foundations would be for THAT! WIN-WIN!

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SCHOLARSHIPS...? YEAH! for VMI! Heh... WEALTHY Families & Foundations would be for THAT! WIN-WIN!

I would also like to make scholarships for the "gifted" There are a lot of them out there and they usually get taken out with the rubbish. I know they are out there. I have seen and know of a few in my lifetime. I love "gifted" people. The wealthy well they can finance their own. But their generosity would not be refused to help others.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Searching for the house where Robert Morriss died has led me to the "author" I now know who the author was and guess what that makes the story true. So where now is the treasure?
How does this make the story true?
It is still a literary device that furthers the story of the treasure.
It is well known that this "unknown author" employed real names and locations to advance believability in the presented tale.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How does this make the story true?
It is still a literary device that furthers the story of the treasure.
It is well known that this "unknown author" employed real names and locations to advance believability in the presented tale.

You are going at this as the "author" made the story up but what if the story is true as told by Morriss to him. Morriss could have been talking out of his head and if the story is a fake then it would have originated with Morriss and not the author.

Myself I know Robert Morriss told him the story as being true because the "author's" brother went to Missouri in 1861 to look for the letter before Robert Morriss had told either one the entire story about the treasure. So to me that makes the story believable until someone such as yourself can bring out any of those letters or writings that say that Roland Buford and several members names that were in the Job Print Pamphlet asked James Beverly Ward not to publish the book but burn them in a pot belly stove. Do you have any confirmation of your own claims. Don't put it off and say someone else posted that for that is what you have posted over and over. Let us see your proof.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are going at this as the "author" made the story up but what if the story is true as told by Morriss to him. Morriss could have been talking out of his head and if the story is a fake then it would have originated with Morriss and not the author.

Myself I know Robert Morriss told him the story as being true because the "author's" brother went to Missouri in 1861 to look for the letter before Robert Morriss had told either one the entire story about the treasure. So to me that makes the story believable until someone such as yourself can bring out any of those letters or writings that say that Roland Buford and several members names that were in the Job Print Pamphlet asked James Beverly Ward not to publish the book but burn them in a pot belly stove. Do you have any confirmation of your own claims. Don't put it off and say someone else posted that for that is what you have posted over and over. Let us see your proof.

Uh....nobody has a single shred of evidence connecting anyone as being the author, so, how can one commit to "the author's brother" without ever knowing as conclusive fact who the author was? And, if Morriss had never told his brother the story then how would the "the alleged brother" even know of the matter, or of the letter? Clearly you're trying to make connections here that simply don't exist. This is all too common when trying to blend entirely different stories into one.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not common. I have the facts and I am not trying to piece a story together. Has anyone you know of found where Robert Morriss died? No. Well I have. When you find information others have never found then it leads you into other information that others do not have. I know the name of the "author" but without documents to verify disclosing such information would bring a lawsuit. I do have enough to make the connections. As well as the trip in 1861 and the other funded trip in 1875

I do have a meeting with the homeowner of the home of the author in about two months.

I will tell you how we can prove the Beale Treasure one way or the other. Get a bunch of treasure hunters to form a committee to recover the treasures of the CSA or KGC, I have already found and we will bulldoze all of the four mile area of the treasure's burial site.

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not common. I have the facts and I am not trying to piece a story together. Has anyone you know of found where Robert Morriss died? No. Well I have. When you find information others have never found then it leads you into other information that others do not have. I know the name of the "author" but without documents to verify disclosing such information would bring a lawsuit. I do have enough to make the connections. As well as the trip in 1861 and the other funded trip in 1875

I do have a meeting with the homeowner of the home of the author in about two months.

I will tell you how we can prove the Beale Treasure one way or the other. Get a bunch of treasure hunters to form a committee to recover the treasures of the CSA or KGC, I have already found and we will bulldoze all of the four mile area of the treasure's burial site.

Franklin, you really need to research something called, "The Certainty Principle" which will help to explain quite a bit in regards to all of these theories and why people lead themselves into believing in things where there is no such documentation to support those beliefs. And no, I'm not picking on you, just sharing some valuable science that obviously applies. :thumbsup:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never heard of "The Certainty Principle" There are only two things in life that are certain and that is taxes and death. Since we are not talking about neither then your "Certainty Principle" does not apply.

I will tell you something else. Why do you and ECS try to prove to everyone the story is a hoax. Are you making any money from talking others out from hunting for treasures. What is the gain? Why do it? Why not let those that want to hunt---------hunt. And those that do not want to hunt well let them not hunt. If you can convince me with solid evidence instead if this or if that then I may quit hunting for treasure all together. But you have no proof and we can find no proof to support it either. So it best to let us hunt and you and ECS back off and give us some elbow room.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

LOL!

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... Why do you and ECS try to prove to everyone the story is a hoax...
Why do you keep changing your position... on one thread you state it is made up, on another you state different, then go on to present several conflicting alternative versions ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread