gabberbob

Oct 15, 2012
Ryazan City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When the Russian winter comes and everything freezes around, the Russian hunter is ill an abstinency syndrome for hunting. It is impossible to dig the frozen earth a usual shovel - will break. Will help it a little Russian cunning and... steel automobile spring.
Not my video))

If the content of dialogues on video is interesting to someone, I can make the translation.

OP
OP
gabberbob

gabberbob

Oct 15, 2012
Ryazan City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
guys on video say that the shovel 2 kilograms weighs and that it can be used as an ice axe on the lake, to do an ice-hole.

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Nice. Looks like that thing would cut through concrete.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like that shovel. If the leading edge were a shallow curve, it'd be excellent for hunting woods where there is an abundance of roots... in WARM weather!

My personal view on it is that if you need a shovel like that to hunt in the winter, then its too much work. Hack away for five minutes only to recover a bottlecap that you thought was something else, and being out there is going to get old real fast. JMHO.

timemachine

Apr 8, 2015
Seattle
Detector(s) used
GPZ7000 / Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's ingenuity! I have seen similar videos using leaf springs to make a miner's axe, albeit this shovel business is a much more difficult undertaking.
Old leaf springs on smaller cars make great paper-weights, too, lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread