The Science of why the Yellow Legged frogs are dying in California

pmgsourdough

Feb 13, 2013
Black Hills, SD
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Boo F***in Hoo. Welcome to the world of human interference! Our feeble attempt to control the world. We ( humans ) will always fail. We try to involve ourselves in things that we will NEVER understand.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just saw a recent pic of frog by enviro org. up in a high meadow. It would be sooo easy to gather eggs or tadpoles for a breeding program!

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lets get something clear. Science, good science or bad, has NOTHING to do with decisions anymore. Its about millions of "re-pristiners" who have been
indoctrinated for the past thirty years to believe natural is better than human. They learned this in schools. They want to leave the cities and find pristine
wilderness to de-stress in. And when they find miners, farmers, ranchers, loggers, anything making NOISE AND COMMOTION, they hate it.

The whole thing BEHIND the endangered frog thing is, guess what?, cattle grazing allotments, and re-pristiners can't stand to come into a mountain meadow
expecting to see bobcats frolicking, deer browsing, etc. and instead finding cow poop at their feet and cows eating meadow grass.

Same thing with the dredgers - too much noise, too many sediment plumes - "its just not natural anymore" Same with logging. Same with off-roaders.

They've got us outnumbered 10,000 to one and they've got the power. So, if they were just honest about it, they would say "we are going to re-invent the
primeval forest - you can't stop us, so get lost"

claygold

Nov 3, 2012
Lets get something clear. Science, good science or bad, has NOTHING to do with decisions anymore. Its about millions of "re-pristiners" who have been
indoctrinated for the past thirty years to believe natural is better than human. They learned this in schools. They want to leave the cities and find pristine
wilderness to de-stress in. And when they find miners, farmers, ranchers, loggers, anything making NOISE AND COMMOTION, they hate it.

The whole thing BEHIND the endangered frog thing is, guess what?, cattle grazing allotments, and re-pristiners can't stand to come into a mountain meadow
expecting to see bobcats frolicking, deer browsing, etc. and instead finding cow poop at their feet and cows eating meadow grass.

Same thing with the dredgers - too much noise, too many sediment plumes - "its just not natural anymore" Same with logging. Same with off-roaders.

They've got us outnumbered 10,000 to one and they've got the power. So, if they were just honest about it, they would say "we are going to re-invent the
primeval forest - you can't stop us, so get lost"

I hear that an agree i'm on the east coast but it stll pisses me off what there doing where u guys r there doing some crazy things here too u can't manage nature things r gonna happen whether man is on this earth or not although we have mabey killed certian speices whos to say they would not have gone anyway man aint god an the tree huggers need to leave nature alone i'm 56 years old all this enviro stuff started happening in the sixtes aint stoped yet

MoJoe

Nov 17, 2009
Saint Charles, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,
Fisher F2, Fisher F Point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What ticks me off is the fact that the Government dams a river, the fish can't go up stream to spawn BUT after they do an expensive study DREDGERS are causing the problem. Some "Scientist" in Colorado wants to see what happens when they inject a form of rabies in goats into deer, the deer get what is called Chronic Waste Disease, get loose into the wild and HUNTERS are blamed for the spread because deer eat at their feeders. OR some "Archaeologist" with a 2 year degree coming in and telling me I can't detect on the site I FOUND (and they were not even looking for) even though I have studied about the area for 20 years! I am SO tired of these so called "educated" or "professional" jerks acting like they know everything and taking credit for others work or blaming them when things go wrong!

Gramps43

Feb 27, 2011
Tillamook, OR
Detector(s) used
White's 4900/D Pro Plus
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The problem with trying to find a "cure" for the problem usually brings on new problem. It never fails the do-gooders want to save some obscure species and they not only do not save the critter but they cause an even worse situation than existed before. Just let nature take it's course and accept the consequences, it the natural thing to do.

Gramps

Alex Burke

Apr 3, 2013
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH, GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The problem with trying to find a "cure" for the problem usually brings on new problem. It never fails the do-gooders want to save some obscure species and they not only do not save the critter but they cause an even worse situation than existed before. Just let nature take it's course and accept the consequences, it the natural thing to do.

Gramps
Yep people try to manage natural selection. Seems like the bacteria is just as entitled as the frog imo, but neither should prevent a human (thought we were top of food chain)from forraging metal to trade for food, I mean where do we draw the line; the size of the life form? Cuteness of creature? End rant.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is now the second article on this subject about the same researcher and his findings. So where is the rest of the media and environmental groups responding to these articles and acknowledging that they were wrong about their pointing the finger at dredging as the culprit for the demise of this frog?

Why is it that main stream news is not broadcasting this information along with an apology to a group of United States citizens who were unjustly accused, convicted without a trial and sentenced to a life long removal of their rights?

So, are we all sending off our letters of indignation to "Our" Governor? Lets crank up the emails to all of these elected officials, lets build a fire under them to repeal the anti-dredging ban that was built on false information and no science at all!........................63bkpkr

Seden/Randy, good find! Any other articles on this subject need to be posted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions