Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for being late on posting the Memorial Day Weekend finds, but things have been busy, busy the past week and a half.

Got out with xGregx to Area Dirty-1 for a day of diggin' in the dirt. First target was within 10-15 feet of where he parked the truck and was a mixed signal, but was worth investigating. Pulled my oldest Canadian coin, 1907 Dime at a full 10 inches :icon_thumleft: We have hit this area pretty good and always seem to start out along where cars would have parked back in the day. Things got slow real fast and took a while for the goodies to come back around. I had dug a large piece of iron and tossed it towards a tree near where we were parked and after a while made my way back to where it was laying. Within 20 feet of it I got a good nickle reading and pulled the no date Buffalo. I think it's a 1920's as I could barely make out the date when I dug it.

Pulled a couple of wheaties and continued on with our hunt.

This place has been very stingy on Quarters for some reason, as Greg had pulled 1 a year or so ago and I was seriously thinking that that was the only one to be found, that is until I got a good Quarter reading way out in center field. This is a baseball field and has been used from probably since the 1930's on. Found the 1946 Quarter at a depth of 3-4 inches and not more than 10 feet away, I got another Quarter reading. I was thinking sweet this place is finally coughing up some bigger silver. Dug my plug and pulled a clad quarter at 8 inches ??? ??? ???

How is it that a silver quarter can be at 4" and a clad at 8"? Oh well, who cares as long as we have fun right?

Hope everyone had a successsful Memorial Day weekend hunt.

ps.
I did zap the Seated Lady with a light dose of electorlysis and she came out shining just nicely. I couldn't stand to see here go through life with those pesky stains on her.

Happy Huntin' to ya' all, and let's get together this summer somewhere

Attachments

• Memorial Day Weekend Finds.jpg
    Memorial Day Weekend Finds.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 131
  • 1877 CC Cleaned & 1907 Canadian.jpg
    1877 CC Cleaned & 1907 Canadian.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 136

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver and other great finds, the seated came out real nice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread