GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
for the whole story click the link
The Sierra Fund awarded $5.5 million for water projects
Project Name
Organizations/ Lead Sponsor
Budget
Meadow Restoration and Prioritization in the Yuba, Bear and American River Watersheds
South Yuba River Citizens League (primary), Sierra Native Alliance, Tahoe National Forest (Yuba River and American River Ranger Districts), American Rivers, American River Conservancy, Yuba Watershed Institute
$308,016
Mercury and Sediment Abatement Initiative
The Sierra Fund (primary),Tahoe National Forest, South Yuba River Citizens League, Yuba Watershed Institute, Bureau of Land Management, Nevada Irrigation District, Sierra Native Alliance
$1,498,524
Wolf Creek Watershed: Restoration, Stormwater Source Control, and Flood Management in a Disadvantaged Community (DAC)
American Rivers (primary), City of Grass Valley, Wolf Creek Community Alliance, Sierra Native Alliance
$342,499
Camptonville Water System Improvement Project (DAC)
Camptonville Community Service District (primary), Camptonville Community Partnership, Sierra Native Alliance
$789,341
Water Efficiency, Water Quality and Supply Reliability in the CABY Region: Locksley Intertie and Mt. Vernon Interties for DACs; Canal Lining, Gauging Stations and Water Efficiency Education
Nevada Irrigation District and Placer County Water Agency
$997,500
City of Placerville Waterline Replacement
City of Placerville
$950,000
Renewable Energy with Micro and Small Hydro: El Dorado County Small Hydroelectric Development Program
El Dorado Irrigation District
$380,000
Total Grant Award:
$5,543,032

Upvote 0

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Not what I needed to hear before I've even had my coffee. Looking at the list of grants I will admit that there are a couple of them that seem to be worthwhile projects, but most of them look to be yet another waste of tax payer dollars. I'd expect more sections of the rivers and forests to be closed down "while the work is done", thus keeping the public off of public lands yet again.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Research the board of directors, officers, and key members for these outfits, you'll notice the organization's name changes, but many of the players are the same. They've mastered the con for sure.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Hummmm... Wouldn't that cause a MAJOR conflict of interest? Sounds like we need to follow the money and see exactly where it leads. Could cause some heads to roll if we do it right.

pods

Feb 18, 2014
Raleigh
Detector(s) used
BGT mini and prospector, Gold-n-Sand.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Don't y'all love how they can take money out of your kids' pockets (deficit spending to be serviced by future tax revenue) to lock up access to land?
I think I should make some snarky comment about the camel getting his nose in the tent, but I think that time has long past.
I think that maybe 1 of those issues pertains to an actual proper function of the general government. (Placerville water lines)
Best part is we have to pay with our own $$ to fight them, and they will be using our own money to fight back.

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Do these people have kids?
If they do they must have them running around in little PINK or BLUE hazmate suits.....how cute they must look.

OP
OP
2cmorau

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
makes me sick our city, county, state, tax dollars should take care of this

tyeechinook

Sep 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something needs to happen here. This is just not right! I am sick and tired of hearing about this crap! Sierra fund, more like corrupt waste of money fund. If the majority of the population knew the real facts about these clowns, maybe something could be done to allocate the money to real problems and not agenda 21. It's turning into a giant crock of boiling b.s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In an insane set-up like this I expect to find more trip-ups as follows: Meadow restoration involves the removal of non-native plants, such as the Himylayan blackberry. The Sierra Native Alliance which taps into funding on federal levels, is listed as co-recipients. Going to their website, we find classes being taught on how to nurture native foods as practiced during the old days. A picture of typical food to be nurtured and harvested is - wait-for-it - Hymalayan blackberry.

Last edited:
OP
OP
2cmorau

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Fullpan, LMAO, thanks

DesertNuggets

Mar 29, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In an insane set-up like this I expect to find more trip-ups as follows: Meadow restoration involves the removal of non-native plants, such as the Himylayan blackberry. The Sierra Native Alliance which taps into funding on federal levels, is listed as co-recipients. Going to their website, we find classes being taught on how to nurture native foods as practiced during the old days. A picture of typical food to be nurtured and harvested is - wait-for-it - Hymalayan blackberry.

That about sums it up in a nutshell.

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
I can see it now....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

A bin right next to the squiggly light bulb bin....for CHOP STICKS.

Yea right.

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Anybody read through TSF proposal and budjet bs. The people who give away taxpayers money for crap like this should be hung from the deadest tree around. Even in the advisement for... they see problems but give it to them anyways.
Three years from now not one dam thing will be done.

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Not only hang them, but let them hang and shoot anyone who cuts them down.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its an older story, but resurfaced 2 days ago when our news channel ran the follow-up story. 2 years later the private contractors who did the actual work, still haven't been paid. They now hope Senator Reid can find out where the money went.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread