NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Y'all just gonna have to wait till I get home tomorrow to see my pics. But, I can tell ya how I did today. First off, I went to another old park that everyone in Michigan have beat to death ::). I got 2 soakers, because I chose to hunt in soggy grass :'(. So I headed to where I had previously gotten 2 half dimes in the past. Well I got a strange sorta silver signal on myXS, I pinpointedwith my searchcoil, I cut a rather large diameter plug( in case it was another half dime) :wink:. Then I went down to about 6 inches, and I put my X1 probe down there and it was singing, silver! So I had to dig another 3 inches to pull out a pretty 1910 Canadian dime. ;D. There were way too many people in the park for me to dance. :'(. So I continued on my way. Awhile later in a different area of the park I got a penny signal, and it was loud, but the signal was reading very deep almost off the end of the depth gauge :thumbsup: well, up from about 14 inches I brought up a Canadian Largie 1917. So after that I went to an area in the park where I have gotten tons of I.H.'s in the past, and it didn't let me down, got a pretty GREEN patina'd 1900 I.H. at about 10 inches deep ;D. I only got 2 wheats today. On the way home there is a grassy boulevard that I have taken lots of stuff out of this grassy strip, but everything was too deep for my old coil, so I got out and started hunting, man is my back ever sore. :'(. I could only hunt for about 45 minutes,(cuz I was so sore) Got a beautiful 1926-S SLQ, A 1953 quarter, and a huge diamond shaped broach with the pin still on the back. That thing was almost 20 inches deep, it is made of brass, is heavy, but like I said, this is just the teaser, I am at my mothers house and I didn't bring my camera cord...........NGE Pics tomorrow afternoon

Upvote 0

Mac232

Aug 18, 2007
Greasy Creek , TN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW !!!!! Larry , WTG on those deepies !! Can't wait to see the pics .

Mac

S

seger98

Oh another post where I gotta wait until tomorrow to see the pictures >:( how am I gonna sleep again tonight? LOL Congratulations on the finds, especially the SLQ! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Like the absent minded professor, I remembered my camera but forgot the cable for it. Don't know how much longer my back is going to last, I have to bend over at the waist to dig, cuz I can't get on my knees. And boy is my back killing me! Especially when you are diggin' deep, have to assume the position too long, makes me wonder if those cars going by are honking at my kiester or not ;D......NGE

S

seger98

notgittinenny said:
Like the absent minded professor, I remembered my camera but forgot the cable for it. Don't know how much longer my back is going to last, I have to bend over at the waist to dig, cuz I can't get on my knees. And boy is my back killing me! Especially when you are diggin' deep, have to assume the position too long, makes me wonder if those cars going by are honking at my kiester or not ;D......NGE

Keep bending like that & you really won't be gittinenny!

OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Not too flabby either. Losing it from the way I have to dig

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Outstanding hunt NGE. Can't wait for the pics. LC's are great finds. That 1910 canadian silver would be welcome too :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread