The Singe Greatest Coin Roll Hunting Discovery Ever Caught on Camera!

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Single Greatest Coin Roll Hunting Discovery Ever Caught on Camera!

This is without a doubt the single greatest coin roll hunting discovery ever caught on camera!

Screenshot (55).png

Here’s some context:

My brother Kevin and I are in the middle of another one of our coin roll hunting pennies competition hunts. I look over at Kevin’s roll and notice a wheat penny on the end nearest to me. We turn the camera on and record the wheat penny find.

Screenshot (56).png

Once that is over, I decide to leave the camera rolling as I tear into my next roll.

Upon opening the roll, I notice an interesting edge- it looks dark green and somewhat mangled. I decide to investigate. When I pull it out by its mangled edge, I expect to see a beat up parking lot coin or maybe an old circulated wheat. It was neither of those things.

Screenshot (58).png

What I saw next left me in utter shock and disbelief...

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Quin: unable to pull your video up, don't leave me hanging, what is it?

OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quin: unable to pull your video up, don't leave me hanging, what is it?

A mangled old Indian head! The date is still up for debate- these are the best shots that we could get of it.

Screenshot (60).png
Screenshot (61).png

The amazing thing about this video is the fact that we were able to pull it out live on camera. It was absolutely perfect timing to have the camera on.
If you have any ideas on the date, let me know!

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
wow nice find

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While it is exciting to find even a beat to shlt IHC, is it worthy of such a dramtic title? Or, is it click bait?

Last edited:

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh. An Indian head cent. In poor condition.

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Credibility is slowly earned, but quickly spent. If the goal is to be considered a legitimate and serious ambassador for the hobby, gimmicky theatrics (click-bait title; cheesy, overly dramatic, wide-eyed photos; etc) are the most sure way to fail that goal. If the goal is simply to amass clicks to the link, there'll be a few from here as membership turns over. But, the serious hobbyist won't be fooled twice.

OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Credibility is slowly earned, but quickly spent. If the goal is to be considered a legitimate and serious ambassador for the hobby, gimmicky theatrics (click-bait title; cheesy, overly dramatic, wide-eyed photos; etc) are the most sure way to fail that goal. If the goal is simply to amass clicks to the link, there'll be a few from here as membership turns over. But, the serious hobbyist won't be fooled twice.

The goal is to educate and entertain the members of the coin community. This video falls more on the entertainment side- that is what the thumbnail depicts. I am serious about what I do, but that doesn’t mean that every video has to be strictly educational. If you want people to listen and get excited about something, you have to catch their attention first.

OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welp, I watched the video before coming to TNet. Congratulations on your awesome find.

Thanks yankeesfan! I’ve been saving this footage (and excitement) since January. The idea was to release it as an anti-April fools day video: I ended up just deciding to post it on Saturday at my regular upload time. Didn’t wanna confuse my viewers too much haha

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If that is truly the single most exciting thing ever found while coin roll hunting I will stick with metal detecting.
Clickbait.

OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The lack of perspective here is comical. A beat up IHP is the best CRH find ever filmed?

“Caught on camera” != “filmed”

There are tons of videos of Indian heads being found, but none of them show the sealed roll being opened. They all just show the coin after it’s already been identified.

The amazing thing about this find is that the roll that contained it was opened live on camera. This is incredibly rare.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
“Caught on camera” != “filmed”

There are tons of videos of Indian heads being found, but none of them show the sealed roll being opened. They all just show the coin after it’s already been identified.

The amazing thing about this find is that the roll that contained it was opened live on camera. This is incredibly rare.

Right. You should be on the banner for this once in a lifetime event.

OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right. You should be on the banner for this once in a lifetime event.

You say that sarcastically but it actually is a once in a lifetime event. It’s literally never been done before.

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally, I'm holding my breath for the "Single Greatest, LIVE, Finger-Nail-Grows-to-Exceed-6mm-Video Ever Caught on Camera!!!!". Sure, it happens all the time, but someday, someone, somewhere will be filming when it does and that will make it remarkable.

OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally, I'm holding my breath for the "Single Greatest, LIVE, Finger-Nail-Grows-to-Exceed-6mm-Video Ever Caught on Camera!!!!". Sure, it happens all the time, but someday, someone, somewhere will be filming when it does and that will make it remarkable.

Bad comparison. That's an everyday occurrence and can be filmed with certainty. Finding an Indian head is extremely rare on its own. Couple that with opening it live on camera and you have a remarkable occurrence.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions