Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had not read about that yet. Have a link to the story?

Thanks. L.C.

I read it on "Chronicling America" newspapers. I made a copy but I could not tell you where that copy is right now. Maybe you could put in some key words and find the newspaper?

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
As I struggle up and down this treasure trail I think more and more about my wasted youth.
L.C. Baker

L.C. BAKER AGE 7.jpg

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
the letter from B.L. Few.jpg

This coded letter leads to a key that had to be written after 1896. The letter its self is dated 1904, although the name B.L.Few, is a fictitious person leading one to believe that the date could also be fictitious. The first code that was used on this treasure trail was Morse code, but in order to find the coded letter the turtle had to be recognized as a treasure symbol, then the buried cross that was less than a foot deep in front of the turtle had to be recovered. After that, the symbols on the back of the cross had to be deciphered as well as the symbols on the Morton monument in order to be led to the scales at Judge Danial Gantt's monument where the glass jar containing the letter and other relics was buried. Then the morse on the letter led to the speech by William Jennings Bryan who was obviously a thorn in their side. Does anyone know why Bran's speech was chosen as a key to bury K.G.C. and O.A.K. wealth in 1904? These pieces of map say "CROSS OF GOLD" on them. That is the nickname of Bryan's speech, but it is not why they chose to use it. Listen carefully to the speech of "THE COMMONER" and then realize why the secret society chose to use it to hide their caches. Keep in mind that this stash was made after the speech was given in 1896. That is proof that the O.A.K. that was spawned in 1863, lived well beyond what is written about the society. More to follow.

L.C.:coffee2:

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
As I struggle up and down this treasure trail I think more and more about my wasted youth.
L.C. Baker

View attachment 1569179

Wasted, or simply spent?

Fortunate enough to look back,
have learned, & wisely lament...

Heard a wise man say regret is good,
it shows that we're likely learning some. :dontknow: 8-)

Looks like you were possibly deep in thought,
even in your youth back then... Sign of destiny? :occasion14:
... :sunny: :fish:
:cross:
~:Crosse:~

Last edited:

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Small drill holes on the face of the rock (center block)?

Yeah maybe so, & some numbers, the only time I've found any,
that seem to appear to be so obvious. Then the shadow triangle.
This close by some other interesting placed rocks. Haven't studied
them all that much, just thought I'd throw this one out there, while
waiting for L.C.'s next interesting, & historically informative post(s).

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
:
.. View attachment 1570139

Anything of interest? Just curious.

As always it is hard to say without being there, but I would take a closer look at this stone if it were me. It looks as though what I am seeing may be natural and unnatural marks. They were known to utilize natural marks and shapes when making their marks so that doesn't mean anything. If it is in a good spot I would give it a closer look for sure.

L.C.
crosse pic.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
The Order of American Knights remained a theoretical organization until Phinious Wright moved to St. Louis in 1860. Eventually, Wrights poor leadership led to his disenfranchisement from the society which had been taken over by 1863 and reorganized under new leadership with the same principles plus some new ones. The individual states that had active members had groups of the society that acted independently after 1863. The Order had discussed the assassination of Government officials by 1863 before the breakup and reorganization of the society of the O.A.K. under its original leadership. They protected rebel spies, mail carriers and emissaries of the society by a secret police within the order. They placed members at ferry boats, telegraph offices, department headquarters, provost marshals. The name and grips, symbols, etc. were changed by a Confederate who was with Vallandigham at the meeting where Vallandigham was elected Supreme Commander. New York, Feb. 22nd......
Vallandigham Morton Benjamin.jpg

note 55th congress 3rd session of the United States House of Representatives. It met in Washington, DC from March 4, 1897, to March 4, 1899, during the first two years of William McKinley and the information was taken from prisoners of war from April, 1st, 1864 to Dec. 31se 1864. That is 33 years after the fact and they were asking questions about the order. The Federal government had a suspicion in 1897 of who, but they couldn't figure out why. More to follow.

https://books.google.com/books?id=X...aAhWGyoMKHSNGAoMQ6AEIQTAG#v=onepage&q&f=false

L.C.:icon_thumleft:

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1569868

This coded letter leads to a key that had to be written after 1896. The letter its self is dated 1904, although the name B.L.Few, is a fictitious person leading one to believe that the date could also be fictitious. The first code that was used on this treasure trail was Morse code, but in order to find the coded letter the turtle had to be recognized as a treasure symbol, then the buried cross that was less than a foot deep in front of the turtle had to be recovered. After that, the symbols on the back of the cross had to be deciphered as well as the symbols on the Morton monument in order to be led to the scales at Judge Danial Gantt's monument where the glass jar containing the letter and other relics was buried. Then the morse on the letter led to the speech by William Jennings Bryan who was obviously a thorn in their side. Does anyone know why Bran's speech was chosen as a key to bury K.G.C. and O.A.K. wealth in 1904? These pieces of map say "CROSS OF GOLD" on them. That is the nickname of Bryan's speech, but it is not why they chose to use it. Listen carefully to the speech of "THE COMMONER" and then realize why the secret society chose to use it to hide their caches. Keep in mind that this stash was made after the speech was given in 1896. That is proof that the O.A.K. that was spawned in 1863, lived well beyond what is written about the society. More to follow.

L.C.:coffee2:

G.JPG Gantt scales.jpg

The wire top jar buried at the foot of Judge Daniel Gantt's monument under the symbol of the scales. There was a lead cross with coded information on it, a skeliton key, the letter and a card about the size of a large index card covered with numbers. That card was a K.G.C. cipher to be decoded by the letter which contained the key to the cipher in morse code. " Decode with the help of the Commoner" On the front of the coded cross was the words Cross of Gold. A partial copy is pictured below of the cipher.

copy partial.jpg

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Daniel Gantt was appointed to his position as a judge by Abraham Lincoln and he was no friend of Julius Morton's, and he certainly was no friend of the K.G.C. That is most likely why Julius Morton had him dug up after he died and moved him to use as a signpost on a compass point to help mark the way to K.G.C. gold. That is also why Morton didn't give a :censored:about Daniel Gantt's second wife and the reason he left her corpse in an unmarked grave after moving Gantt to the compass point he had made in Wyuka.

" I do not know where the soldiers will be sent, but suppose some of them will be sent to the frontier forts and some may be sent to Missouri State to fight the traitors there
I suppose you have heard that the Governor of Missouri has commenced war against the United
States. Lyon has taken Jefferson City, and the traitor Governor of Missouri has fled to Boonville
where the last news I heard, he was fortifying himself. I hope they will catch him and hang him at once."
- Daniel Gantt 1861.

L.C. Baker:icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

barnhse

Oct 7, 2014
NE Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the earth is getting closer to the sun, then I better hurry in finding this gold. 8-)

I got this book in order to find KGC treasure near me:
https://www.amazon.com/Mysterious-Se...+Golden+Circle
The Mysterious and Secret Order of the Knights of The Golden Circle (Volume 1) Paperback – March 1, 2005
by Dr. Roy William Roush Ph.D. (Author)

On page 64, there was a story and a hand drwan map of the hiding place from a person's view point.
Person view.jpg

Needless to say, the map is not very useful.
Does anyone have a bird's eye map of the hiding place?

Thanks,
Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread