The Suspect

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
I went to my daughters bank today which is in a supermarket. Just went there to chat when she goes on break. Of course there is a slight possibility that I might as her if there are any halves available too.
She gave me the high sign to wait around for a few minutes. So I'm wasting time looking at the paperbacks,videos,etc. and every so often looking toward the bank to see if she is ready to go on break.
Well the bank was busy today so it was taking a little longer than usual. I noticed one of the store workers looking at me suspiciously. She looked liked the type that spends all her free time watching Lifetime and Dr.Phil. She is making like she is working, but is really watching me.
Then she disappears for a while where I later learn that she called the bank manager and told him that I look like I am going to rob the bank and that I came in with another guy. My daughter is the only one doing the teller work while the manager and other tellers are discussing locking down the bank and calling the cops because of the man in the gray suit. My daughter picks up on the gray suit part and asks what's going on? They tell her, and she tells them "That's my father" He's here to meet me on my lunch break!

Oh the horror ! I can just picture it. 2 muscle bound cops with shaved heads ordering me to the ground. Me telling them "eff off kid". Their too afraid to manhandle someone so they taze my behind and I become victim # 1514 who expires from non lethal force.
:help:

Upvote 0

LemonThrower

Jun 23, 2008
AGCoinHunter said:
Wow, scotty, thats scary. I had a similar experience the other day. I use these banks around here that have coin machines. One of them got tired of me filling up their half bags so they just gave me bags and said to fill them up with 1k and bring them in. I assumed that all branches would accept them since another bank had told me the same thing. I showed up with the bag and asked to deposit it. The lady freeked. She started asking me questions about where I go the bag, who told me I could use them, ect. I told her that the other branch had given me the bags and asked me to use them. She says something like "Why would we do that, we cant verify how much is in there" The two tellers go into the back room with their backs turned to me talking, then pick up the phone. I am less than half way a large dump and am getting prepared for the police to step in at any time. No one showed up but I just had that feeling that they were calling someone to come talk to me. They were acting like I had stolen it from somewhere and was trying to cash it in. I tried to be respectful and explain why I had it. When she did come to empty the full bag, she also gave me the ninth degree on why I had so many halfs. I told her that I collect them. Lesson learned there, I wont be taking any bags to any other branches.

yeah, i took a bag of halves to another branch once. the teller i got was a very effeminate young man. this made his reaction all the more surprising. I also wanted cash back from my $1,000. You would have thought I was robbing the bank with a request like that and his reaction. In his defense, I beleive the bag literally weighs 25lbs but the whole thing was very much a surprise to me. I'll only take it to my regular branch and regular teller after that, lol.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just went by my local BOA during lunch to order some boxes. These are the first ones from there so lets hope I can open up another silver vein... but on to my story. I pull up and there are 3 police cars and a van in front of the building. I go in expecting to see the place barricaded off and start taking to one of the girls in there. Apparently a guy wrote a bad check and they were arresting him. But what was even more interesting was who he was with. To the best that I could identify him, it looked a heck of a lot like Allen Iverson. There was another guy with him but Allen was sitting down and proceeded to get up and go outside after I glanced at him. Dont know if he though I recognized him or not. There was a sweet BMW Alpina B7 parked around back that I assume was his. None the less made for an interesting lunch hour.

Later verified that Iverson has moved within a mile or so of this bank so I am pretty sure it was him.

OP
OP
Rich Hartford

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Lemon,
You should have tippy toed into the bank carrying that bag with a limp wrist, and requested the cash with a lisp. I'll bet you would have gotten great service.

Ju8vP3t

After a couple months taking dumps in to one bank I used to use, a very cold, sour woman approached me and asked, where'd you get the coins? are you a collector? what do you do with them? etc...etc....the third degree, I was polite and explained that they came from the US Mint :laughing7:, and too, it wasn't like I dumped massive amounts of coin either, probably average 3 times a month, and never more than 2 boxes at a time, and most of the time 1 box,....about 2 months later I get a Certified letter from the bank informing me they're closing my account.. :dontknow:, no reason given....ever, even after inquiring why, and I'd had that account with them for about 8 years.....just goes to show you what a disgusting individual will do...

OP
OP
Rich Hartford

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
JU8,

Same thing happened to my son ScoobaSteve. Third degree and certified letter. He went in to talk to the manager and after their conversation the manager said that he could keep the account and dump away.
I don't know what he said to the manager, but whatever it was it worked.

Ju8vP3t

Rich Hartford said:
JU8,

Same thing happened to my son ScoobaSteve. Third degree and certified letter. He went in to talk to the manager and after their conversation the manager said that he could keep the account and dump away.
I don't know what he said to the manager, but whatever it was it worked.

Rich-

I went to the "Home Office" of the bank, signed in, and when asked if I would like to open an account, I said "No, I want to close one", very polite girl said "What?", I gave her a little background and then showed her the letter I'd received, and asked her "Have you ever seen a letter like this before, stating the bank is closing your account?" she said "never", the letter was signed by a VP, and of course she "wasn't in at the moment", so another woman came out and explained to me, that the bank didn't need to give me a reason to close my account, just as I wouldn't need to give the bank a reason to close my account, of course I understood that, and when I asked this woman, "how many times does this happen?" she said "oh, several times a month" of course I think she was being dishonest with me, and when the other girl told me she'd been there 5 years and had never seen this situation, it only bolstered my opinion, so the woman that came out of the office, excused herself and walked off, I just looked at the first girl puzzled, she got up, went to a teller, got a check for the balance I had in the account, came back, I endorsed the check, she cashed it for me and I left....Oh I know the bank doesn't need me, but I thought it was really lousy the way it was handled, and all that because of one disgusting individual.....

As a side note, this was the same bank whose ATM gave me $40 too much one day.....Yes, of course I returned it, in fact I returned it to the same individual that had my account closed....

alpha105

May 19, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On another note......there was a metal detectorer who was out at a secluded site when he heard a helicopter and 2 black trucks pulled up........not sure where the post is or how to find it.......read it probably a year or so ago

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread