The Tale of two Brothers lost map of Corrigadors treasure.

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Crow,,that is a clever take....but some of the jewels and diamonds in this case are not insured I think...by the way it is 200 million pounds not dollars,I have corrected it...it is huge

Tintinn treasure

TT yes you are correct 200 million pounds er roughly about 290 odd million or so. More graduates from the school of Turin?

Its late my eyes are tired and I will be dreaming of diamonds....

psss.......What to buy a diamond?:laughing7:

Crow

Last edited:

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Senores Crow y Kanacki; truly the most precious treasure are the little ones God has granted unto us.
And Senor Crow, it would seem the wee one wearing you out is to your benefit.
And how is your island princess doing through all this, sure she is not part of wearing you out?

J.A.A.

Sep 1, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Pro Pointer
Hello J.A.A

Unfortunately that is the name of the game. Protocol forces me and trio to never endorse or reveal such activities that may be later used as incriminating evidence in any attempted current or future prosecution under UNESCO.

If you read the Current UNESCO open ended draft on what constitutes a cultural artifact.... For example in 20 odd years time If you dig a Bart Simpson doll from your own back yarn you can be liable for prosecution. Thus recovering a techincally cultural artifact under the UNESCO definition of what a cultural artifact is. Most Governments are is due course signing on this... thus obligated under the agreement are legally bound to prosecute.

Crow

Crow-
I had to ask, you understand. I already knew what your answer would be and, frankly, I agree that it is the wisest response, if for no other reason than to keep yourself (and those around you) living in the conditions with which you've grown accustomed. I just believe that you and the rest of the unholy ones have some incredible tales to tell and unfortunately, unless it's someone who's related to one of you, the rest of us will never get a chance to hear the stories/yarns accumulated during a lifetimes worth of "hunting"! I wouldn't even be interested in hearing about the amounts or values. I'd be more into hearing of the adventure...what it took to get there...how long did it take to figure out if you were on the right trail...what WAS the trail...etc. However, they say "patience is a virtue"; I say SILENCE is the actual virtue (or better yet, a lost art maybe).
Either way, I respect your response.

As usual, all the best to you and yours-
-J.A.A.

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Crow-
I had to ask, you understand. I already knew what your answer would be and, frankly, I agree that it is the wisest response, if for no other reason than to keep yourself (and those around you) living in the conditions with which you've grown accustomed. I just believe that you and the rest of the unholy ones have some incredible tales to tell and unfortunately, unless it's someone who's related to one of you, the rest of us will never get a chance to hear the stories/yarns accumulated during a lifetimes worth of "hunting"! I wouldn't even be interested in hearing about the amounts or values. I'd be more into hearing of the adventure...what it took to get there...how long did it take to figure out if you were on the right trail...what WAS the trail...etc. However, they say "patience is a virtue"; I say SILENCE is the actual virtue (or better yet, a lost art maybe).
Either way, I respect your response.

As usual, all the best to you and yours-
-J.A.A.

Hello J A A

No apologies needed my friend. The fact very few will fully understand the ramifications of going public with many things. The main priority is not to reveal anything that can be later used to affect the outcome of the current project. The problem is people talk too much. many years ago the Trio and others came into money from a project. More people involved the more chances some will talk to much. Even thou we said nothing I had people meeting me in the street asking questions digging so to speak because one way or another people find out.

All of a sudden I became good looking and attractive to the opposite sex. I had a whole host of followers with thier hands out. When we were down and out with ass out of our pants we never got the offer of help. Money is evil because it creates jealousy and envy. All of sudden people saw I was not working people notice little things. Eventually why I had to move away after some one tried a false compo claim against me. Your life regards of who you think changes for ever. Even family members brothers sister, nieces and nephews all of sudden you become seen as the family ATM. I had all the "can I borrow" but meaning "have"...stories imaginable. And when refused your the biggest bastxxx going... Such is nature of people my friend.

Even some people places can even become a later problem for later projects.

That is why flying under the Radar has is merits....

Crow

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Senores Crow y Kanacki; truly the most precious treasure are the little ones God has granted unto us.
And Senor Crow, it would seem the wee one wearing you out is to your benefit.
And how is your island princess doing through all this, sure she is not part of wearing you out?

Doc Teha Taya brings tears of joy to this old pirate. Her gentle nature and her natural beauty of women hood that sways to the tropical rhythms of life still stuns and wears out this battered old Crow.

Crow

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crow,Kanacki
The London jewel heist of last week has actually broken world record as the biggest jewel heist in history...close to 300million USD,,,analysts suggest the loot is out of Uk by now.....where is interested party-uk?,he should give us more on the story...unless he comes here within a day or two,we might think otherwise,,,,:-)

If the gang betray each other in the partitions and kill each other off ,we may have a big treasure legend in the making of lost diamonds kkk

Tintin treasure

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crow,Kanacki
The London jewel heist of last week has actually broken world record as the biggest jewel heist in history...close to 300million USD,,,analysts suggest the loot is out of Uk by now.....where is interested party-uk?,he should give us more on the story...unless he comes here within a day or two,we might think otherwise,,,,:-)

If the gang betray each other in the partitions and kill each other off ,we may have a big treasure legend in the making of lost diamonds kkk

Tintin treasure

:hello:

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Okay TT and IPIU Fess up the Diamonds ya both involved in an inside Job....:laughing7:

The plot thickens....:laughing7:

Serious for those diamonds to be re-sold all of them have to recut. And the only way that can be done is through international diamond merchants themselves.There fore if really stolen and not an insurance con, only people in industry are capable of changing the stones as each stone through diamond exchanges are meretriciously profiled and recorded on a computer data base. Plus anyone selling cannot be outside of UN brokered Diamond standard. In which provenances of the souce is needed to sell the diamonds. That standard was set and adopted by about 95% world diamond dealers to curb the sale of Blood Diamonds that was fueling conflicts in Africa. Since diamond sales have dropped drastically over the last few years, it was good way of shifting inventory without actually selling the gems and claiming them on insurance. Some of the lessor cheap diamonds was not insured no doubt but for most the more insured preciousness stones would of covered as losses.

The only way I can see a market for them is through deals perhaps in Hong Kong. China has opened a lot of market capital into Hong kong at present. So Hong Kong is awash is rich Asian Money.

Crow

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay TT and IPIU Fess up the Diamonds ya both involved in an inside Job....:laughing7:

The plot thickens....:laughing7:

Serious for those diamonds to be re-sold all of them have to recut. And the only way that can be done is through international diamond merchants themselves.There fore if really stolen and not an insurance con, only people in industry are capable of changing the stones as each stone through diamond exchanges are meretriciously profiled and recorded on a computer data base. Plus anyone selling cannot be outside of UN brokered Diamond standard. In which provenances of the souce is needed to sell the diamonds. That standard was set and adopted by about 95% world diamond dealers to curb the sale of Blood Diamonds that was fueling conflicts in Africa. Since diamond sales have dropped drastically over the last few years, it was good way of shifting inventory without actually selling the gems and claiming them on insurance. Some of the lessor cheap diamonds was not insured no doubt but for most the more insured preciousness stones would of covered as losses.

The only way I can see a market for them is through deals perhaps in Hong Kong. China has opened a lot of market capital into Hong kong at present. So Hong Kong is awash is rich Asian Money.

Crow

Kkk Thanks Crow for the explanations...could diamonds be used as a collateral in the underworld shady business deals on drugs etc like paintings? I said this because it is said stolen paintings serve that purpose in the underworld...maybe if it is difficult to cash these diamonds quickly as you explained,probably they may have a "soft" role as collateral in shady deals rather than turned into "hard" cash.

Tintin treasure

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Kkk Thanks Crow for the explanations...could diamonds be used as a collateral in the underworld shady business deals on drugs etc like paintings? I said this because it is said stolen paintings serve that purpose in the underworld...maybe if it is difficult to cash these diamonds quickly as you explained,probably they may have a "soft" role as collateral in shady deals rather than turned into "hard" cash.

Tintin treasure

TT I am not sure I am not privy to exact method of such business dealings. They could even be also be linked to radical ISIS groups looking to obtain funding through covert sources to pay for weapons through the payment diamonds. thus flying under the radar in monetary tracking of illicit funds?

Crow

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello chaps

It wasn't me, it's a sheer coincidence I was home alone over the Easter weekend and my wife and children were away....

But just to update you fellas, apparently not all the loot was diamonds, there was cash, watches, other precious stones etc.

The chances are it was a professional outfit from southern Europe that has been going around the jewellery houses of the European capital cities and carrying out 'in-transit' robberies on motorways and to and from airports for some time.

This particular job was planned and executed by a tough crew who knew exactly what they were doing. I reckon the stuff will end up in the middle east, Asia and small amounts dispersed over Europe. Nobody does such a job without planning where they are going to dispose of their loot beforehand.

I have done a fair bit of travelling over the last few years regarding business ventures and opportunities, and the one thing that never fails to amaze me is this; sometimes the most nondescript facade will hide the most amazing thing inside where huge amounts of valuables and eye popping amounts of money is being dealt with.

This Hatton Garden job was an inside thing.

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, even if they thousands of diamonds without papers, if you have the contacts, which those that are in the trade and use it frequently do, disposing of them will not be all that difficult. There is a billion Chinese and Indians who are now a burgeoning middle class and what status symbols and assets such as precious stones, and most really do not care as to its providence.

The recent raid will also contain a fair amount of loot which will not be declared due to tax purposes so the true figure may be even higher.

Really is a murky and tough world when dealing with such matters.

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello chaps

It wasn't me, it's a sheer coincidence I was home alone over the Easter weekend and my wife and children were away....

But just to update you fellas, apparently not all the loot was diamonds, there was cash, watches, other precious stones etc.

The chances are it was a professional outfit from southern Europe that has been going around the jewellery houses of the European capital cities and carrying out 'in-transit' robberies on motorways and to and from airports for some time.

This particular job was planned and executed by a tough crew who knew exactly what they were doing. I reckon the stuff will end up in the middle east, Asia and small amounts dispersed over Europe. Nobody does such a job without planning where they are going to dispose of their loot beforehand.

I have done a fair bit of travelling over the last few years regarding business ventures and opportunities, and the one thing that never fails to amaze me is this; sometimes the most nondescript facade will hide the most amazing thing inside where huge amounts of valuables and eye popping amounts of money is being dealt with.

This Hatton Garden job was an inside thing.

hello IPIU I agree totally. Could even be Albanian crime gangs connected? It will be interesting to what the Met comes up with?

Crow

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, even if they thousands of diamonds without papers, if you have the contacts, which those that are in the trade and use it frequently do, disposing of them will not be all that difficult. There is a billion Chinese and Indians who are now a burgeoning middle class and what status symbols and assets such as precious stones, and most really do not care as to its providence.

The recent raid will also contain a fair amount of loot which will not be declared due to tax purposes so the true figure may be even higher.

Really is a murky and tough world when dealing with such matters.

Thanks IPUK for the in depth analysis,,it really was a tough murky job with inside help or someone who worked there before,,,one personnel said "it has all the marks of an old fashioned audacity" about it in the history of jewel robbery,,,,disposal may not be a problem as you say,the problem the crooks might have is the old evil art of doublecrossing and betraying each other,,,and the true figure could be higher as you describe,,

Tintin treasure

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TT I am not sure I am not privy to exact method of such business dealings. They could even be also be linked to radical ISIS groups looking to obtain funding through covert sources to pay for weapons through the payment diamonds. thus flying under the radar in monetary tracking of illicit funds?

Crow

That is also quite possible which nobody seemed to connect in the media...thanks for the insight

Tintin treasure

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Crow, TT

Yes, they could be Albanian and/or those groups from the Adriatic coast with ex-military training. The Met has a very tough time with those chaps and recently they've become such a concern that the secret intelligence services and Europol have given them serious attention. They carried out a massive score recently on a security van in France. They obviously have a strategic plan and clear aims...

TT, these guys are extremely professional and disciplined. If they have any internal quibbles, we will more than likely never hear about it...

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These groups use every situation to their advantage. Easy border crossings, fake IDs, planted evidence, creating false rumours and trails, taking advantage of deliberately crossing police jurisdiction areas and such like. They are so wealthy that they can sit on such fortunes for years and years without attracting attention. They will offer massive bribes to poorer European countries and their officials to operated their with impunity knowing they are less than an hour or two by air from the western high profile capitals and operate in areas the police find it extremely difficult to operate and they can only rely on electronic surveillance. But they just buy in expertise to block and confuse this.

Hard to believe, but it's true.

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These groups use every situation to their advantage. Easy border crossings, fake IDs, planted evidence, creating false rumours and trails, taking advantage of deliberately crossing police jurisdiction areas and such like. They are so wealthy that they can sit on such fortunes for years and years without attracting attention. They will offer massive bribes to poorer European countries and their officials to operated their with impunity knowing they are less than an hour or two by air from the western high profile capitals and operate in areas the police find it extremely difficult to operate and they can only rely on electronic surveillance. But they just buy in expertise to block and confuse this.

Thanks IPUK....
Balkan based mafia like orgs are one strong possibility...the cosa nostra or Sicilian mafia currently is lying low after the arrest of t he last boss of bosses years back and the presumed successor to the boss of bosses role is a fugitive,,,hence it is more oper ating in localities at the moment with lower profile as much as possible though still alive and kicking,,,the other mafia like org the caramorrha of Naples area is not having good time as before either ,,, the Ndrangheta of the Calabria region seems more active these days also inheriting a huge drug business from the Sicilian mafia ,,,,but I dont think they can pull a high tech heist like that...besides balkan based gangs, I suspect also the Russian/Ukrainian mafia on this...given also the lawless area they can retreat to....

Tintin treasure

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

I too believe various crime families inside Romania and Albanian crime syndicates are also involved in many other illicit activities including heroin trafficking, pickpocketing, identity theft, slave prostitution rings are operating inside the UK. But not just there but many parts of Europe.

Crow

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread