PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cuba...hmmm. Interesting. Are you serious about this, Prospectormikel ? My research has evolved somewhat. Hernando Pizarro brother to Francisco), sailed twice to Spain with the Royal Fifth and his own share of the Incan gold. My thought is that he stopped off on the North American seaboard, inhabited by local natives, and worked with them to protect a stash perhaps for his return some day? If you would like to become more involved in this research, please write me a PM and I'll give you my email address and we can correspond that way.

Thank you very much , Legrand, but I will bow out early. My suggestion was only a suggestion for questioning.
My thoughts were led there as a lesser modernized area with a smaller populist that would serve as a safe harbor to hide such wealth with one set of eyes and a promise of being well paid for services rendered, may have been a good start to refine the possibilities.

I have done no study that would hold water should Any stormy weather come to pass.

Happy hunting
My new amigo.

#/;0{>~

Last edited:

legrand

Jul 28, 2008
ProspectorMikeL .... Exactly what do you mean by "Any stormy weather"...in your missive above? Thank you for advising. - L

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ProspectorMikeL .... Exactly what do you mean by "Any stormy weather"...in your missive above? Thank you for advising. - L

Only that I tend to attempt to place my mind in a set of circumstances and think of what I might do, if it was me...

Then I look for conformation. Without conformation a new path must be chosen. An empty ship is a small wager, but a ship loaded with gold requires much more conformation.

I have no studies on this subject, therefore, my theories might not hold water.

#/;0{>~

gflores71

Nov 26, 2005
Central Coast, CA / Bolivia
Detector(s) used
White's V3, MXT All Pro, DFX, XLPro,TM-808, TDI-SL with 25" coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorata is in La Paz Bolivia. It is in a mountain range well known for feeding gold to most river tributaries that run down towards the east. It is well known that Spaniards settled this area with their families because the weather was better than jungle conditions lower where the alluvial mining went on.

When they started mining the rivers of Tipuani they found remnants of inca workings related to mining. They also found out that the Jesuit had beat them there as well.

They used natives as work slaves for gold mining and panning. Eventually the indians revolted killing the spaniards and stealing their stored gold and burning their homes.

All the gold was dumped into a lake, which one ? I don’t think any one knows with certainty.

As far as gold after the death of attahuallpa being dumped in a lake in Sorata ? It is a first for me, I will research about it.

I have been in Sorata and it has great amount of caches due to it’s past history and the new people not wanting to take risks.

G

South Sea mariner

Nov 5, 2016
At sea my ship
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola amigos

Sorata is a interesting place to visit as side trip when visiting like Titicaca . I visited there with my wife and family several years ago. It was a quiet place forgotten by tourists has a pretty main square, Plaza General Enrique Penaranda. A old Italian mansion. The house once belonged to the Richter family I think? Views over mountains is spectacular. Sadly as tourist location half the hotels seem closed up. Sorata never recovered from the 2003 incident when 100 tourists were held hostage and as many as 60 locals were killed as Bolivian special forces attempted to liberate them. Now it a sleepy back water waiting to be rediscovered by tourists

There is a cave nearby called “la Gruta de San Pedro”

“la Gruta de San Pedro” like many other places in Bolivia, is surrounded by mystery and incredible stories.

The cave is beautiful and creepy at the same time. There is a lagoon in the middle of it and a walking path surrounding it. Humidity is strong and feels like being at the very beginning of hell.

When I went there, there was nobody but an old, hunched man that welcomed me with a mischievous toothless smile and invited me to join him on a small oar boat ride till the other side of the lagoon.

The whole thing looked like crossing the Styx river with Charon. It was one of the weirdest experiences I’ve ever had. I then got out of the cave and started speaking to near by locals.

They are really friendly people and revealed unexpected stories about the cave. Rumors say that it used to be a secret Inca path connecting Sorata Valley directly with Cusco and the Machu Picchu?

The path is not the one you see now though (it eventually gets to a dead end), but, according to what they say, it is under the water. Apparently, three not-so-cautious explorers tried to get through it, and never resurfaced.

There was a story of an Asian scuba-diver, managed to get some 100 meters deep into water and recorded what he saw – he eventually got out but didn’t show his video to anyone:

He allegedly said there was something too valuable and precious and that Man’s ambition would ruin it. So he returned to his country not revealing what he discovered? A lager untouched cave system perhaps?

I don’t know whether to believe stories or not However it was an interesting and unusual place to visit.

Mal

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread