The Thrill of The Hunt

hrnewsome

Jun 19, 2013
I picked up $170 in CWR quarters, $50 in dimes and $20 in nickels today and found this '64 quarter.

I know it doesn't seem like much, but it reminded me why I got into CRH - the thrill of finding precious metal in a handful of less valuable change.

I'm stacking silver as a hedge against inflation and hoping to eventually build my net worth as the spot price rises, but the real attraction for me is unwrapping a roll of ordinary coins and finding real treasure routinely overlooked by others.

What keeps you going?

If I don't find silver it's not because I'm not looking!

Attachments

• image-2544896766.jpg
    image-2544896766.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 72
Upvote 0

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's all about the thrill of the hunt for me as well! I found my first 2 silver quarters from CRH this year. I don't care that I only found two. The point is that I found two! Two more than I would have found if I hadn't looked.

OP
OP
hrnewsome

hrnewsome

Jun 19, 2013
It's all about the thrill of the hunt for me as well! I found my first 2 silver quarters from CRH this year. I don't care that I only found two. The point is that I found two! Two more than I would have found if I hadn't looked.

That's what I'm talking about!!

My Coin Demise

Greenie
Apr 3, 2013
Its crazy because I was just getting ready to post that I as well found a silver '64 quarter while at work today!

I was thrilled.

Happy Hunting!

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quarters are the best. Besides being the most difficult to find there is just something about them.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do this as a way to earn $ for my coin collection. (Tho i found it very difficult to sell my finds!) I love finding valuable coins at face value! There is something cool about outsmarting people - tellers - taking silver right out from under their noses. It's amazing that they can hand over a couple rolls for $20, then you walk out of the bank, and open them to find solid rolls of silver, instantly creating wealth out of thin air!

hotrod

Bronze Member
May 12, 2012
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no way I just found a 54-d out of 660 in cwr quarters!

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes finding a silver coin is a big thrill for me. It's so cool to see your stack grow a little every week.

OP
OP
hrnewsome

hrnewsome

Jun 19, 2013
Its crazy because I was just getting ready to post that I as well found a silver '64 quarter while at work today!

I was thrilled.

Happy Hunting!

Oh yeah!

OP
OP
hrnewsome

hrnewsome

Jun 19, 2013
...I love finding valuable coins at face value! There is something cool about outsmarting people - tellers - taking silver right out from under their noses. It's amazing that they can hand over a couple rolls for $20, then you walk out of the bank, and open them to find solid rolls of silver, instantly creating wealth out of thin air!

Me too!

OP
OP
hrnewsome

hrnewsome

Jun 19, 2013
Yes finding a silver coin is a big thrill for me. It's so cool to see your stack grow a little every week.

Do you only stack junk silver?

SilverHoarder07

Oct 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My ambitions are similar to your's - to build net worth/investment portfolio. Currently I have about $1000.00 value worth (not face) of junk silver from nickels, dimes, quarters (few) and halves (mostly halves) even with today's lower melt value. My goal is to have enough junk silver to sell to put a down payment on a rental property. You can find easy to rent places in my area for around 35-50k and my work will finance this type of endeavor with little down. I figure once I have tenants in the property with a net profit each month of about $250-300 I can start to stack bars and rounds more so than I am currently able to from just working 40 hours a week.

The hunt itself is fun but I could do without the dumping part :laughing7: Since I work at a financial I only dump very early before my shift starts or very late after the day is finished and I do all of the bag rotations personally. Benefit of not having to drive around to various branches or wait X number of days to get rid of the clad but makes for a longer and sweatier shift sometimes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
hrnewsome

hrnewsome

Jun 19, 2013
...Since I work at a financial I only dump very early before my shift starts or very late after the day is finished and I do all of the bag rotations personally. Benefit of not having to drive around to various branches or wait X number of days to get rid of the clad but makes for a longer and sweatier shift sometimes.

That's a sweet setup! Can you order your own boxes too?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions