Curious The George

Sep 4, 2008
East Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Metrotech
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also have had a great interest in searching the site of Avalon. However I just discovered that the State of NC has purchased the land and is in the process of developing a State Park there. I would caution anyone about taking a metal detector onto the property at this time.

There is a brand new official looking trailer at the road that turns off the highway and goes into the property I suspect it may be a temporary park headquarters while the place is being developed. I'd stop and ask before detecting.

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
Actually if there's no signage for trespassing or state park etc.... then now's the best time to go MD it before they do put up the signs. This would be one of the few occasions where ignorance "is" an excuse in the law. Trespass laws are pretty specific in that a person must be aware of the land being off limits either through signage or verbal warnings. :wink:

Curious The George

Sep 4, 2008
East Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Metrotech
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let us calculate MD Dog, a Park Ranger can confiscate my metal detector and any other equipment I have on me. Can confiscate my vehicle. Can charge me with a felony that would eliminate my CC permit. And as a bonus a judge could throw me in jail for a few years and take all my retirement money.

I'll have to think about that one.

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
Mac In Oak Ridge said:
Let us calculate MD Dog, a Park Ranger can confiscate my metal detector and any other equipment I have on me. Can confiscate my vehicle. Can charge me with a felony that would eliminate my CC permit. And as a bonus a judge could throw me in jail for a few years and take all my retirement money.

That's true, but only if your guilty of a crime. Without signage, there is no crime. My nephew the lawyer assures me of this. :D

Curious The George

Sep 4, 2008
East Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Metrotech
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MD Dog said:
Mac In Oak Ridge said:

That's true, but only if your guilty of a crime. Without signage, there is no crime. My nephew the lawyer assures me of this. :D
Does he work for free if I were to get in trouble there? 8)

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
He works for me for free, but alas I don't think he's licensed to practice in N.C. But I'll tell you what I'll ask him if you can find me a single documented case of a MDer getting in trouble with the law where there was no signs indicating a state park, National Park, or even no trespassing. :wink:

benc2

Nov 26, 2007
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250, vibra probe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DANG JORGE, LOOK WHAT YOU GOT STARTED!! LOL

OP
OP
jorge del norte

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah i'm still just thinking about the 12 or so years, and the amount of silver might be dropped.....slim pickens maybe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread