The Treasure in the Story

swiftfan

Feb 24, 2008
Pikeville, Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi, I've been following a couple of threads, and really love The Search of Oak Island show. Well, that got me to do some reading and research. And I have some questions regarding the overall scheme.

Now, If the templars were on the run from the church, and if they went to Scotland to friendly territory, then why go any further? What made them leave? Was it because they had what the church wanted? Most likely. So, this brings us to the treasure fleet? What was the size of this "fleet"? Where can I find this out?

Next, If I were to travel to a new land, and could land on an island, protected by the water, This is most likely what I would do in order to observe and explore the mainland without greater risk to something I was protecting. Once a spot was found on the mainland to start anew, and if the native people were friendly, I would begin to erect a more permanent structure. Here though, is where I find myself. The "castle" at New Ross, or at the "cross" is to close to the sea to afford the protection of such a valuble prize. I would have moved inland till I was certian that anyone following me would surely give up chase due to the sheer distance inland they would have to travel, and with carvings being found in New England, this makes me think they may have done just that. However I could be wrong. Regardless, The treasure will always be in the legend waiting for someone to find it. And that to me is the real treasure.Thank You for your time, and look forward to your input.

New Gold

Nov 25, 2014
East Coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think anyone is truly certain of the size of the templar treasure fleet. It also depends what kind of treasure you speak of. It's possible there was more than one.

It is my belief that Oak Island is the final resting place of at least one templar treasure. In my opinion it is a perfect hiding place.

If the treasure had been buried in America I believe it would have been found by now.

The fact that the current owners of Oak Island are americans and the only treasure hunting company doing work in New Ross is american (Finders) lends credence to this theory.

OP
OP
swiftfan

swiftfan

Feb 24, 2008
Pikeville, Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
There was mention of a find in the 1800's where there was drilling, and when the bit was retrieved, there was specks of gold, and a piece of paper or papyrus attached to it, and alas the water halted further efforts in the end. I suppose the water entered the chamber or vault and the fate of the contents may never be known. Has this been validated or another story?

New Gold

Nov 25, 2014
East Coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1418934864.578504.jpg

We still have the piece of parchment in our possession. I don't think it's exact age has ever been determined.

OP
OP
swiftfan

swiftfan

Feb 24, 2008
Pikeville, Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok, so...did the hole fill with water or did it collapse? I worry what was found there may have been destroyed. And by the way, If I had a piece of parchment of what could possibly be from the greatest treasure in history, I would definitely be unable to quit searching.!!!

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe that Bore Hole X was a "Burial Chamber"!

I do not believe that Borehole 10X was the location where the Masons buried this treasure.

It would not have been logical for these educated Masons to have left the treasure below the water table where the destruction and deterioration of it could occur from salt water.

I believe what was located at Borehole 10X was a cavern created by the Masons off of the main treasure tunnel to locate an underground ``Burial Site``.

After their return from Havana and losing thousands of their comrades to sickness, it was inevitable that deaths would occur on the island and In order to keep their location secret, they could not bury them in the ground or at sea, but placed the bodies in caskets made from the ship's wood and put them in the cavern.

What was seen from the camera lowered into Borehole 10X were the remnants of this.

I believe the parchment material found with the letters VI was a piece of the King James VI Bible, placed within a casket.

The printing of this bible was done by a John Baskerville a printer, Freemason, and good associate of both Grand Masters – Benjamin Franklin and Washington Shirley. In 1757 John Baskerville had invented a woven cloth paper which he used to print his Bibles.

John Baskerville - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thing that drew the original finders to the pit was the oak tree with the limb....I have heard with a groove from a rope, or a block and tackle still in place.

If you were hiding a treasure, wouldn't you try to hide this??

Might as well put a big black X on the ground, it doesn't seem right.

New Gold

Nov 25, 2014
East Coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's possible that the block and tackle was from a previous unrecorded excavation attempt.

Someone stumbled upon the circular depression in the ground and figured it must be pirate treasure. So they set up a block and tackle and started digging, only to realize they were in way over their heads. Kind of like the two boys.

OP
OP
swiftfan

swiftfan

Feb 24, 2008
Pikeville, Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I do not believe that Borehole 10X was the location where the Masons buried this treasure.

It would not have been logical for these educated Masons to have left the treasure below the water table where the destruction and deterioration of it could occur from salt water.

I believe what was located at Borehole 10X was a cavern created by the Masons off of the main treasure tunnel to locate an underground ``Burial Site``.

After their return from Havana and losing thousands of their comrades to sickness, it was inevitable that deaths would occur on the island and In order to keep their location secret, they could not bury them in the ground or at sea, but placed the bodies in caskets made from the ship's wood and put them in the cavern.

What was seen from the camera lowered into Borehole 10X were the remnants of this.

I believe the parchment material found with the letters VI was a piece of the King James VI Bible, placed within a casket.

The printing of this bible was done by a John Baskerville a printer, Freemason, and good associate of both Grand Masters – Benjamin Franklin and Washington Shirley. In 1757 John Baskerville had invented a woven cloth paper which he used to print his Bibles.

John Baskerville - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I would like to see the 10X footage. It could be the this is a tomb that has been thought of as a treasure shaft all along. But why would somone bury dead so deep? With working knowledge of stone and concrete, wouldn't they bulid a structure more shallow made of stone? like a tomb? Again I would like to see the 10X footage before I go any further with this idea.

OP
OP
swiftfan

swiftfan

Feb 24, 2008
Pikeville, Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok, the piece of parchment.. Can it be dated to a timeframe without damage to the sample? Not to see when it was buried, but to see how old the paper is? This can possibly narrow our list of people who put it there. For example, a 17th century piece of parchment could not have been placed by a 14th century knight. And the makeup of the paper, compared to similar samples can narrow where the paper originated.

New Gold

Nov 25, 2014
East Coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"That piece of parchment brought up from the MP by a pod auguer drill at 155 feet in 1897 has never been run through a radiocarbon-14 chemical dating process, simpy because it's very small (about the size of your thumbnail), and would be destroyed by any such analysis. The original tests that were done on it at Pictou Academy (and later in Boston) established only that the material was sheepskin, and that the two visible letters (VI or WI) on it were penned in indellible India ink.

The parchment still exists ((I've held it in my hand and have examined it under a magnifying glass). But as to its significance; that's still anybody's guess."

D'Arcy
(OITS member)

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I would like to see the 10X footage. It could be the this is a tomb that has been thought of as a treasure shaft all along. But why would somone bury dead so deep? With working knowledge of stone and concrete, wouldn't they bulid a structure more shallow made of stone? like a tomb? Again I would like to see the 10X footage before I go any further with this idea.

The problem with these "Photos" is that they are not very "clear" and "Speculative" at best.

Judge for yourself:

Oak Island Treasure - the world's greatest treasure hunt - Images from inside Borehole 10X

Dan Blankenship stated: "Granted, your eyes can play tricks on you underwater, so we now minimize the importance of these photos".

http://www.oakislandtreasure.co.uk/archive/borehole10x/oconnor_borehole10x.pdf

The problem they experienced in "1971" with the filming of Bore Hole X was the disturbing of the silt and sediment around these items.

If they had injected a "Clearifier" such as in wine production, further pictures may have been obtained prior to the collapse of the shaft.

OP
OP
swiftfan

swiftfan

Feb 24, 2008
Pikeville, Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
It's a shame the hole collapsed. With today's technology, it's untelling what could have been seen.

OP
OP
swiftfan

swiftfan

Feb 24, 2008
Pikeville, Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
"That piece of parchment brought up from the MP by a pod auguer drill at 155 feet in 1897 has never been run through a radiocarbon-14 chemical dating process, simpy because it's very small (about the size of your thumbnail), and would be destroyed by any such analysis. The original tests that were done on it at Pictou Academy (and later in Boston) established only that the material was sheepskin, and that the two visible letters (VI or WI) on it were penned in indellible India ink.

The parchment still exists ((I've held it in my hand and have examined it under a magnifying glass). But as to its significance; that's still anybody's guess."

D'Arcy
(OITS member)

Parchment (sheepskin or other animal) was used for important documents throughout history, and is still used in british parliment as vellum (calf skin) for it's long lasting qualities. The size of the sample is unfortunate regarding testing, but still, the potential of being a copy of the Gutenberg Bible for example. Is significant. Just that it is sheepskin parchment lends itself to its importance..absolutely awsome!

Last edited:

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Parchment (sheepskin or other animal) was used for important documents throughout history, and is still used in british parliment as vellum (calf skin) for it's long lasting qualities. The size of the sample is unfortunate regarding testing, but still, the potential of being a copy of the Gutenberg Bible for example. Is significant. Just that it is sheepskin parchment lends itself to its importance..absolutely awsome!

Interesting as you have mentioned that......Bacon was at the Editor's Desk of the King James Version, and they have made studies of his editorials before......He would have clearly been in possession of these artifacts before the final printing of the new version.

What will be found there has to be some of the ancient books of Enoch and the other books of the Apocrypha

Also to note is the translation I got from the Stone at 90 ft......

Tesoro Alla Tiene Uno Hallado Nuevo Del Biblio............Treasure There Has A New Discovery Of The Bible.

This all seems fitting with your ideas as well

Last edited:
OP
OP
swiftfan

swiftfan

Feb 24, 2008
Pikeville, Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
From memory, the cypher on the stone reminds me of the accepted Masonic alphabet. I say accepted, as I myself am not a mason, and cannot say the Masonic alphabet put out there is the true one. And I say reminds me because again from memory that some of the symbols do not match those of record. I just wish we had the actual stone to decipher ourselves.. If I may ask, where did you arrive at this conclusion?

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first attempt to make sense was the study of the methods used by the original professor in Halifax.

He used the Spanish language to derive an English spelled cypher......I felt this to be odd in the nature of the transposition, as they share the same alphabet, so his logic was strange, and he left a single letter unused, counting the second double scored letter as a mistake.

This only reinforced information that they were working on at the time in the pit, so it seemed also to be directed from the intent of the solve bringing meaning to their location, and not the nature of the trove itself. In other words......they were digging, and wanted info about the pit, and their solve ended up almost fitting with a description that would have continued their hunt.

Not saying that there is any intention to deceive, but more like saying there was a lot of excitement pointing at the supposed answer, so it influenced the scientific method of deriving the answer, and then to use this method, it would also have to be forced to derive the code.......as it is not complete

The next person to try to make sense of the cypher was the Norwegian team.......which gave the derivative of the Corn theory to block the tubes, based on the Bacon Cypher Wheel, and again being led by the intent to discover elements that they were currently stumped on at the time, so this clearly was the case again as they hesitated to recognize some important info.......

We all know that corn isnt all that good tasting, and it comes out whole.....therefore, scientifically speaking, it is not good to have corn in your 'solution'.....

The next person to offer a solution was the TreasureForce guy.......who gave us the brilliance that the symbols were Tifinagh/Berber...........basically just repeating the Norwegian information, but not even granting us a challenge to the cypher.

The way I began to think about the design was to first chart this in Tifinagh, which was complete jibberish, in ALL of the variations, as this language is written from bottom to top in rows, read from the right to the left row.

Then I was intrigued to see if the transposition of this to a horizontal form, will be confusing, or will have to be read vertically, in the way the language was written. Complete jibberish again, in all the moves through the translations.

The nature of the symbolism of the codes made me look through some old charts of the language, and realize that these characters were completely rotated the wrong ways, compared to the way that traditional characters were made to be scribed in Tifinagh......and when the words were rotated to find the right direction in Tifinagh, the translation was even more confusing, so I know that they were not translated from Tifinagh, as they are completely confused from the original language.

One thing I noticed was that the individual characters on the stone were very much different than the originals, and the ones that were arranged differently, were done so to alter the overall image of the word to mimic, or to seem like english/spanish/french 'Romantic' spelled words. They were rotated 'out of alignment' and made 'to seem out of place'....signifying that they were not direct translations in the original language.

So then I started doing a search involving word lengths and patterns formed by the motion of the words and their spacing related to a number of letters, to form an overall outlook on the way the words moved through the phrases, as if they were either french, spanish, or english.

This was incredibly hard for me because even though I speak fluent Castillian Spanish, and took a semester of french, the Medieval influences in the languages makes some of these cyphers tuff to crack with modern computer programs that I use.

So after realizing that these were not direct in Tifinagh, that the Bacon Wheel was a corny solution, and that the Treasurefarts were stinking too bad to keep my eyes from watering, that I had to take a chance on word patterns based on the 'look' of the words to form a description.

The final trick with the stone was to use the symbols as a directional tool for the movement on the ground from a key point that is not on Oak Island...

........remember the rocks with the holes and the sextant stone? they show a different directional movement, and a scalar measurement....it is from there at that point that the directional cyphers originate.

This was the key word that led me to fill in the blanks.........after the word HALLADO was 'found' (pun intended), I then tried to use these characters H A L D O, for the transposition of the others in the alphabet.....this made me almost 100% sure that these letters were merely crafted to look like words, and not using any form of known transposition of an alphabet as this was the result

View attachment 1095085 There are no completed words to be found from this word HALLADO as a Keyword, and the letters left as hints are not able to be translated into a legitimate statement, or even any logical jibberesh like Corn on the Cob.

So seeing this, I found that the only other way to crack the cypher was to find similar looking and matching words for the interpretation of the Stone......

The dual cypher part comes from the directional cyphers, as they all use the Merica of Rennes Le Chateau, to form this calculation of direction from the start point.......which the drilled stones point at.

View attachment 1095092

From the point the rocks lead to, there is a directional movement 'calculated' using the generic mathematical symbols and the geometric shapes found from Euclid's studies..........(remember the carved rock with the Square Root V on Hobson Is. is also a directional clue to take a Square Route.......to Oak to find the next clues. The clues dont stop there)

View attachment 1095086 The Black Arrow shows the location of the first corner of the triangle used. This is derived as you are approaching from the West according to the drilled stone directions. The Yellow star is the starting point at the tomb lid....pictured below....the yellow arrow is the final location of the tomb entrance to the underground chamber.....

View attachment 1095094

it is carved entirely out of rock found in solid form on the ridge line overlooking the atlantic ocean and there are a few locations in the area that are suspect, and what I mean is that they are suspect for multiple troves.....

that somebody other than Bacon was here......as my code is derived from French works of Art and Architecture, and the Spanish Tales of the Beloved.

View attachment 1095095 View attachment 1095096 View attachment 1095097 View attachment 1095098

What I can say is that there are multiple troves and the Knights Templar were the first here, then the French, then Bacon.....who is to know after that .......that is why I am planning to go inspect and scan my area this spring.

Last edited:

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
It was not "All Greek" to the Freemasons!

Mason's Cypher.jpg Mason Cypher 2.jpg

The Freemason's tablet which was found in the Oak Island's Shaft was not translated correctly.

It was not of the "Berber Language" as presumed but of the ancient "Freemason's Language".

It was a reenactment of Enoch's tablet that was placed within his temple.

"Enoch constructed an underground temple consisting of nine vaults, one beneath the other, placing in the deepest vault a triangular tablet of gold bearing upon it the absolute and ineffable Name of Deity. According to some accounts, Enoch made two golden deltas. The larger he placed upon the white cubical altar in the lowest vault and the smaller he gave into the keeping of his son, Methuseleh, who did the actual construction work of the brick chambers according to the pattern revealed to his father by the Most High. In the form and arrangement of these vaults Enoch epitomized the nine spheres of the ancient Mysteries and the nine sacred strata of the earth through which the initiate must pass to reach the flaming Spirit dwelling in its central core.
According to Freemasonic symbolism, Enoch, fearing that all knowledge of the sacred Mysteries would be lost at the time of the Deluge, erected the two columns mentioned in the quotation. Upon the metal column in appropriate allegorical symbols he engraved the secret reaching and upon the marble column placed an inscription stating that a short distance away a priceless treasure would be discovered in a subterranean vault. After having thus faithfully completed his labors, Enoch was translated from the brow Of Mount Moriah. In time the location of the secret vaults was lost, but after the lapse of ages there came another builder--an initiate after the order of Enoch--and he, while laying the foundations for another temple to the Great Architect of the Universe, discovered the long-lost vaults and the secrets contained within."

Secret Teachings of All Ages: Freemasonic Symbolism

Last edited:
OP
OP
swiftfan

swiftfan

Feb 24, 2008
Pikeville, Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Looking Again at the tablet inscription: The language is quite possibly masonic. the alphabet is for a seventh degree mason. That's why only some of the letters can be decyphered. There are/should be more cyphers to higher level masons. The stone was most likely a masonic ritual stone. It could be a re-creation of Enoch's stone, as part of the ceremony?

"The more you dig, deeper this hole goes" (pun intended)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread