The Treasure of El Pensamiento (including Ruminahuis stash)

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! a chest full of hmmmmm!:censored:

Jones

Yes indeed a real chest full of it....

Fabulous 200 Million Dollar Treasure Hoard Unearthed in Cocos Island World News Daily Report

While the joke is that actually she fooled many people.... It belittles a genuine topic.

Here is another one case in question.

A treasure tomb alleged discovered. That alleged discoverer turned out to be scam for money.

And of course the Polish treasure train debacle, something I predicted would happen, happened.http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/sorry-treasure-hunters-legendary-nazi-gold-train-total-bust-180957573/?no-is

All of these scams and some times or well meaning failures make it more harder for any authorities to take notice of a real discovery in their mist.... And that's a major problem for any one these days who has when they make an actual discovery. Do you possibly incriminate yourself for illegally excavating a historic site to prove you actually found some thing? Or do rely on Photographs regardless and film that can be easily faked.....

Small treasure discoveries may disappear but large one are a hornets nest of problems.

Amy

Last edited:

InAustralia.Jones

Mar 16, 2016
Detector(s) used
MineLab - GP3000, GPX4500, GPX5000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes indeed a real chest full of it....

Fabulous 200 Million Dollar Treasure Hoard Unearthed in Cocos Island World News Daily Report

While the joke is that actually she fooled many people.... It belittles a genuine topic.

Amy

Thanks for the story Amy,

That is amazing, to think what else is still buried on that Island. They made Exquisite jewellery in those days, now we can see why it is so prized today.

Jones

edit: That would make that solid gold statue worth in Au dollars just over $4mil. compare the weight 84.7kg it's almost the same weight as the welcome stranger nugget found at Dunolly!

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is how she made the story.

She used a real picture of of a gold Madonna in fact the one in Essan and posted it under the context of being found at Cocos Island. The 980 Golden Madonna of Essen is the earliest known sculpture of Mary. The crown she wears was donated by Otto III in 993 and is believed to have been a child's coronation crown. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Madonna_of_Essen

The other picture in the article is treasure recovered from 1715 treasure feet. Here is her spoof newspaper broad casting website. World News Daily Reportand another Barbara Johnson Archive - World News Daily Report

Here some more on the spoof reporting posing as legitimate new articles....The fake stories hitting the headlines - BBC News

While it might seem like fun in fact it is very damaging to people with genuine discovery. Its a danger we should all be aware of as net with have some go stuff on it and terrible misleading stuff.Where does credibility begins and where does it ends?

And yes if the statue was real it would be nice find indeed. It does make you wonder what still lies on Cocos island?

Amy

Last edited:

InAustralia.Jones

Mar 16, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"food for thought, are there vital documents or a "Certain Cave"? for the Brave......"

InAustralia.Jones-
Please elaborate on your teaser question!
Thank you in advance.
-JAA

Hi J.A.A,

In researching, if you take a close look at the stories told, written, you will notice a pattern, they speak of treasure, either being Cocos Island, Oak Island, china sea, Queenscliff, Pasific Islands, and the like, Captain Kid, Doig, Thompson, Benito and so on. Each story tells a story, how pirates or captains of a ship has deposited a treasure on a well known and documented Island only to have been bug up by another pirate and deposited on another Island and so on, the story goes on and the stories are passed on and every person adds a little more to the original story to make it almost impossible to locate. If a story of a treasure remained in it's original form their wouldn't be treasure hunters.

If you have truly researched on treasure story it will lead you to this road that has many roads with question marks, as a treasure hunter and researcher obviously you go down one road to discover what is at the end, then while discovering what it tell you, you think OH! i noticed that on another road, so naturally you follow that road and so on.

In researching these treasures, one thing was haunting me, out of all the pirates that looted treasure and ships, mercy killing of ship crew and plunder, why out of all pirate did they persecute pirate captain Kidd?, they trailed him and hung him in london and made his body stay strung up for weeks for others to view.

In locating any of these treasures, which when you research them in their entirety you will come to a conclusion, they are all in one place, was it organized or well thought out plan, who really knows, one thing is for certain they did not want them in certain hands or discovered by certain people.

Once you research the entire collection you will at the end be on the last road, this road should lead you to the main research area, the very last captain, the very last ship, and the very last map, and the very last person/family member to have the map and a complete inventory of the treasure hidden, and a riddle to find where the treasure is hidden. The hunt will lead you from one particular part of the world then to another until you discover it's resting place, only if you have completed your homework.

as i stated, for the brave.... and old fashioned instant Polaroid photos of the find, not this modern day digital rubbish that can be manipulated, otherwise you will see happy feet scooting the ice with a chest of pirate loot.

here, Photoshop at it's best, do you want to marry it or eat it, your choice..... www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hnvoz91k8hc

Jones

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all

TT, if you are ever fortunate enough to come across a 'real' treasure sight, please never ever assume the authorities will be your 'friends'. In Europe it can vary from country to country, in the developing nations, you'd probably be arrested on some trumped-up charge, deported and your find confiscated on 'cultural' grounds. I would hazard a guess that there is no "right" or "wrong" decision(s) to make, simply "safe" ones instead.

There was a case some years back where one of the main ocean exploration crews had to hand over $500,000,000 worth of treasure from a Spanish galleon back to Spain. The fact of the matter is, little guys like us can and will never be able to take-on authorities where there is big money at stake or a score to settle. Little easy to handle jackpots are what will be more 'manageable'. Governments and officials are sometime the worst culprits when it comes to pillaging and keeping artefacts for themselves. You want to know where the best Inca gold and silver collections are?
Not a museum or philanthropic centre but private collections of the rich and wealthy in Lima who show each other such items over their dinner parties.

So many aspects of the art, antiques, artefacts and cultural scene are full of such hypocrisise.

When you find a cache or know where a treasure is, always but always cater for all eventualities. When I was in India the last time around, the local community 'leaders' said to me "pay us and we'll take care of all your permits and problems". You have to adapt to the environment and social norms of the area you are operating in.

The worst thing that can happen is one ends up paying for the faults and mistakes of others.

IPU

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all

TT, if you are ever fortunate enough to come across a 'real' treasure sight, please never ever assume the authorities will be your 'friends'. In Europe it can vary from country to country, in the developing nations, you'd probably be arrested on some trumped-up charge, deported and your find confiscated on 'cultural' grounds. I would hazard a guess that there is no "right" or "wrong" decision(s) to make, simply "safe" ones instead.

There was a case some years back where one of the main ocean exploration crews had to hand over $500,000,000 worth of treasure from a Spanish galleon back to Spain. The fact of the matter is, little guys like us can and will never be able to take-on authorities where there is big money at stake or a score to settle. Little easy to handle jackpots are what will be more 'manageable'. Governments and officials are sometime the worst culprits when it comes to pillaging and keeping artefacts for themselves. You want to know where the best Inca gold and silver collections are?
Not a museum or philanthropic centre but private collections of the rich and wealthy in Lima who show each other such items over their dinner parties.

So many aspects of the art, antiques, artefacts and cultural scene are full of such hypocrisise.

When you find a cache or know where a treasure is, always but always cater for all eventualities. When I was in India the last time around, the local community 'leaders' said to me "pay us and we'll take care of all your permits and problems". You have to adapt to the environment and social norms of the area you are operating in.

The worst thing that can happen is one ends up paying for the faults and mistakes of others.

IPU

IPU

Well said friend. The treasure world is a sharks tank I do agree.But what I suggested is exactly to handle such unfair scenariois holding your bargaining chip "Treasure location info" to your chest from the comfort of your home after you leave the country....I also realize as Amy and others suggested , authorities are fed up with false claims of treasure finds to treat such info trading seriously..But what other option do we have when one comes along a treasure find in a cave then?... you are right in Europe mostly it is unfavorable to treasure finders but in the past people have gained from finders reward in UK,and Germany etc...USA is one of the worst places for TH,,you can be even charged with handling abandoned property in some states..maybe in Florida it is better.Latin America and Africa and Asia and many southern and eastern European countries including Russia it is full of corrupted officials I do agree..

TT

OP
OP
J.A.A.

J.A.A.

Sep 1, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Pro Pointer
You Found It - Well Done!!!:notworthy:

Hint: The Cave for the Brave has an Animals name attached to it!

Jones

Edit 10.12am Friday April 8: J.A.A: your next question would probably be, do i know were it is? Answer: My research hasn't extended that far, and as some people know I stopped researching this topic for quite awhile.

Jones

IA.Jones-
Where is this elusive cave?! Well, I couldn't give exact coordinates of course, but according to Father Gregorio San Ramon, who was the Prefect of Callao in 1778 and who's brother was one of the last Jesuits to leave Plazuela, he left his brother the following description of the treasure location:

"There is a hill on the left bank of the Rio Sacambaya opposite the Monastery of Plazuela. It is steep and covered with dense forest. The top flat and with long grass growing. In the middle of the long grass there is a large stone shaped like an egg, so big that it took 500 Indians to place it there. If you dig underneath this stone for five cordas, you will find the roof of a large cave which it took 500 Indians two and a half years to hollow out. The roof is twenty-four cordas long and there are two compartments and a long narrow passage leading from the room on the east side to the main entrance two hundred cordas away. On reaching the door, you must exercise great care in the opening. The door is a large iron one and inside to the right, near the wall, you will find an image of the Madonna, made of pure gold, three feet high, the eyes of which are two large diamonds; this image was placed there for the good of mankind.

If you proceed further along the passage, you will find in the first room 37 heaps of gold, and many gold and silver ornaments and precious stones. On entering the second room, you will find in the right hand corner a large box clamped with iron bars; inside this box are 90,000 duro reales in silver money and 30 bags of gold. Distributed in the hollows on either side of the tunnel and in the two rooms are, altogether, 160 heaps of gold, of which the value has been estimated at 60 million duros reales.

Great care must be taken on entering these rooms, as enough poison to kill a regiment of the King has been laid about. The walls of the two rooms have been strengthened by large granite blocks of granite; from the roof downwards the distance is five cordas more. The top of the roof is portioned off in three distinct esplanades and the hole has been covered for a depth of five cordas with earth and stone. When you come to a place twenty feet high, with a wall so wide that two men can easily ride abreast, cross the river and you will find the monastery, the church, and other buildings."

That about narrows down the location now doesn't it??!!???

This was the information given to Cecil Prodgers who then, with the help of a grandson of one of those who hid the treasure, found how President Melgarejo had searched Negro Muerto for the treasure years earlier but was on the wrong side of the River Sacambaya. Supposedly, the actual location is on a hill called Caballo Cunco.

Prodgers, utilizing many locals, started digging after having found the egg-shaped rock. The digging was difficult and the locals were afraid that they were doing an affront to God. On one occasion, after sinking some bamboo into the dig, noxious fumes were emitted. By the end of 1907, Prodgers was nowhere near the depth he needed to be at. He returned to England to gather a workforce a little more skeptical. He was never able to return.

Prodgers, who had later on made a deal with Dr. Edgar Sanders, gave Sanders all the details that he had previously used and Sanders set out with a small group in 1925 to continue digging. At 900 he found another stone. This was 618 feet by 128 feet and a perfect rectangle. The stone is now referred to as the Square Heap Stone. Sanders believed that the treasure was under this stone, that the stone was the roof of the treasure room. Near there, he found a tunnel. He started clearing the tunnel. As they progressed, they came across a silver crucifix attached to a board. Four feet later they encountered a wall made of stones. In the wall was a hole and in the hole was a wooden box. The digging stopped as all gathered around. Sanders removed the box and it crumbled in his hands. He was left holding a piece of parchment. With the locals and his group from England around him in the tunnel, finally at the wall that they believed the treasure room was behind, he read aloud from the parchment:

"You who reach this place withdraw. This spot is dedicated to God Almighty and the one who dares to enter, a dolorous death awaits him in this world and the eternal condemnation in the world he goes to. The riches that belong to God Our Master are not for humans. Withdraw and you will live in peace and the blessing of the Master will make your life sweet and you will die rich with the goods of this world. Obey the command of God Almighty our Master in life and in death. In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. Amen."

The Indians refused to continue and with the rainy season now upon them, Sanders was unable to continue on his own and returned to England. He did end up putting together a group of new investors and this story does go on.

HOWEVER, who's to say it even matters? The one detail that I doubt Prodgers ever told to Sanders was the fact that at one time, Prodgers discussed his find with a Cornish miner named Tredennick. Tredinnick searched the area from 1921 to 1927, digging numerous tunnels in the area and, like any other moronic greedy "gotta-have-it-now" hunter, he decided to use dynamite (of all things) on one of the tunnels which ended up setting off an internal upheaval that lasted for an hour and a half!!!

Was this THE treasure cave filling itself in with earth, stone, etc.?
I'm guessing if there is a cave/cavern/room out there filled with treasure, it would be a HUGE undertaking and would require an extreme amount of heavy machinery to properly excavate the area and, as the picture of that area's terrain that Amy posted in a previous post shows, there really isn't a solid way to get machinery out there.....certainly without being noticed, at least.

There is much more to this tale is Cecil H. Prodgers book which you can download for free on the Internet Archive.com website.

All the best-
Justin

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IPU

Well said friend. The treasure world is a sharks tank I do agree.But what I suggested is exactly to handle such unfair scenariois holding your bargaining chip "Treasure location info" to your chest from the comfort of your home after you leave the country....I also realize as Amy and others suggested , authorities are fed up with false claims of treasure finds to treat such info trading seriously..But what other option do we have when one comes along a treasure find in a cave then?... you are right in Europe mostly it is unfavorable to treasure finders but in the past people have gained from finders reward in UK,and Germany etc...USA is one of the worst places for TH,,you can be even charged with handling abandoned property in some states..maybe in Florida it is better.Latin America and Africa and Asia and many southern and eastern European countries including Russia it is full of corrupted officials I do agree..

TT

TT mate, if you come across a cave full of treasure in a dodgy country that might confiscate your find on spurious grounds, don't worry about how to strike a deal with authorities or any interested parties for a finder's-fee. Put yourself in a position where you can have the resources to plan a 'proper' strike. The immediate priority is to know where and how to exchange some of the goodies. Let's be honest, some pirate, baron, slave-owner, trader, plunderer, pilgrim, miner and a whole host of others that may have deposited the cache, will not be returning centuries later to claim their treasure. It would be impossible to trace any descendants. When it comes to antiquities, this is a complex area and throws up a fair few conundrums. But the gist of my post is this; if you've found a true treasure in a forsaken place through sheer perserverence, hard work and the sweat of you brow, is it fair to claim it?

I would say you've a very strong claim to it.

During the past two years, I've travelled extensively to establish such connections and it has been a real eye-opener. It makes me cringe to think how naive and wet behind the ears I was in thinking and assuming such matters.

Look at the current Panamanian crisis in the news about politicians, industrialists, celebrities and business folk hiding their wealth and ill-gotten gains. It is all a big game of bullshit to these people. You are more likely to come across a genuine person you meet on the street than these predators entrusted with deciding our futures.

You find any treasure, you make sure you benefit from it!!!:occasion14:

IUP

Last edited:

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TT mate, if you come across a cave full of treasure in a dodgy country that might confiscate your find on spurious grounds, don't worry about how to strike a deal with authorities or any interested parties for a finder's-fee. Put yourself in a position where you can have the resources to plan a 'proper' strike. The immediate priority is to know where and how to exchange some of the goodies. Let's be honest, some pirate, baron, slave-owner, trader, plunderer, pilgrim, miner and a whole host of others that may have deposited the cache, will not be returning centuries later to claim their treasure. It would be impossible to trace any descendants. When it comes to antiquities, this is a complex area and throws up a fair few conundrums. But the gist of my post is this; if you've found a true treasure in a forsaken place through sheer perserverence, hard work and the sweat of you brow, is it fair to claim it?

I would say you've a very strong claim to it.

During the past two years, I've travelled extensively to establish such connections and it has been a real eye-opener. It makes me cringe to think how naive and wet behind the ears I was in thinking and assuming such matters.

Look at the current Panamanian crisis in the news about politicians, industrialists, celebrities and business folk hiding their wealth and ill-gotten gains. It is all a big game of bullshit to these people. You are more likely to come across a genuine person you meet on the street than these predators entrusted with deciding our futures.

You find any treasure, you make sure you benefit from it!!!:occasion14:

IUP

IUP...great comments,,,one puts himself in harms way fighting beasts and nature in the wilderness to find a treasure,then one rich corrupt official will snatch it from you for himself,,,that is the world we live in,,,furthermore if word leaks u have info about a treasure, the underground crime world might visit your home as well,:),,,,so you face two worlds,,,
By the way speaking of panama,,,there are treasure yarns from panama I think that I read before which I forgot ,,can u suggest one on this occasion when the famos panama is on the limelight..kkk
TT

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure can.

The gold artefacts from that country and neighbouring Costa Rica rivalled, and in most cases, surpassed anything produced in South America.

http://p5.storage.canalblog.com/58/01/577050/41392962.jpg
https://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/BN-HM305_panama_JV_20150318171607.jpg
http://p8.storage.canalblog.com/86/30/577050/41393030.jpg
http://mcclungmuseum.utk.edu/files/2013/03/PR1.jpg

These are from a location called "Sitio Conte". A river changed course early last century and objects from graves started washing down river and children were found playing with solid gold marbles. The site was excavated in the 1940s but nothing has happened since because the site is on private property.

There was a very rich necropolis between the border of Panama and Colombia that was the target of treasure hunters and in some instances, looters, in the 1940s and 50s. There was hostile natives inhabiting the area so it was very unsafe to explore and search. But many tried and some chaps had spectacular results. There was a book written of the exploits by a fellow called William Le Varre.

In a group of islands - the San Blas - there is rumours of treasure being buried by pirates and buccaneers during their heyday. It is still relatively unexplored and the islands were known and used because of the stable weather in an unstable area. The local natives, Kuna Indians, were said to have knowledge of large gold workings that are being searched for since the days of the Spanish conquistadors. They would barter solid gold nuggets from passing ships and boats for trivial items but never revealed the source. I have some knowledge of a good prospect not far from the pan-American highway in Panama but unfortunately it is situated in a bio-reserve.:BangHead:

Parts of Panama and Costa Rica have yielded enormous amounts of gold as the Spanish missed a few spots there due to the developed cultures having already disappearing by the time of their arrival. It was buried close to the surface and the gold was and is exquisite. Some say that the gold and silver smiths were responsible for exporting their skills and knowledge down the coast into South America. Even though the Spanish were superb experts in pillaging and robbing, there was some spectacular oversights on their part and, believe it or not, some of the largest finds have happened in the last century or so.

One sight in Colombia was discovered by drug mules smuggling things through the jungle!!
Me and EL Crow discussed that one some time ago here on Tnet.

It's only when you walk in the jungle, try and cross a mountain or two, you realise how big the earth is and how diverse its terrain is...

IUP

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure can.

The gold artefacts from that country and neighbouring Costa Rica rivalled, and in most cases, surpassed anything produced in South America.

http://p5.storage.canalblog.com/58/01/577050/41392962.jpg
https://si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/BN-HM305_panama_JV_20150318171607.jpg
http://p8.storage.canalblog.com/86/30/577050/41393030.jpg
http://mcclungmuseum.utk.edu/files/2013/03/PR1.jpg

These are from a location called "Sitio Conte". A river changed course early last century and objects from graves started washing down river and children were found playing with solid gold marbles. The site was excavated in the 1940s but nothing has happened since because the site is on private property.

There was a very rich necropolis between the border of Panama and Colombia that was the target of treasure hunters and in some instances, looters, in the 1940s and 50s. There was hostile natives inhabiting the area so it was very unsafe to explore and search. But many tried and some chaps had spectacular results. There was a book written of the exploits by a fellow called William Le Varre.

In a group of islands - the San Blas - there is rumours of treasure being buried by pirates and buccaneers during their heyday. It is still relatively unexplored and the islands were known and used because of the stable weather in an unstable area. The local natives, Kuna Indians, were said to have knowledge of large gold workings that are being searched for since the days of the Spanish conquistadors. They would barter solid gold nuggets from passing ships and boats for trivial items but never revealed the source. I have some knowledge of a good prospect not far from the pan-American highway in Panama but unfortunately it is situated in a bio-reserve.:BangHead:

Parts of Panama and Costa Rica have yielded enormous amounts of gold as the Spanish missed a few spots there due to the developed cultures having already disappearing by the time of their arrival. It was buried close to the surface and the gold was and is exquisite. Some say that the gold and silver smiths were responsible for exporting their skills and knowledge down the coast into South America. Even though the Spanish were superb experts in pillaging and robbing, there was some spectacular oversights on their part and, believe it or not, some of the largest finds have happened in the last century or so.

One sight in Colombia was discovered by drug mules smuggling things through the jungle!!
Me and EL Crow discussed that one some time ago here on Tnet.

It's only when you walk in the jungle, try and cross a mountain or two, you realise how big the earth is and how diverse its terrain is...

IUP
Thanks IUP
That is quite a nice piece of yarn from that part of the world!,,I also read that when the flagship of the legendary pirate Captain Morgan was seen,residents of Panama used to bury their treasures and flee to the mountains,,,
TT

InAustralia.Jones

Mar 16, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi J.A.A,

What i find interesting is the directions to the treasure location, Jesuits studied, Alchemy, Philosophy, Latin, Astronomy, Greek and so on.... even though the directions have been translated to English
they are still in cryptic form, In the 17th - 19th century Alchemy was commonly used to write messages and give directions.

For example: Hill = direction. Plazuela = place, plaza or square, the Indians is interesting, is it another clue? and so on....

Very Interesting though.

Jones

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like with all treasure stories there is always key elements missing or mixed up by the time we get to hear the story.

They say its a treasure hunters lot in life to untangle the fact from the fiction.

Amy

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight I have another treasure puzzle for you

Colac Herald, Friday 7 September 1906, page 8 buried gold romatic clue.jpg

In-short it tells of a strange discovery of cave in which a crumbling skeleton was found a strange gold ring and very old books and charts dating back to the 16-17th century with notes about buried treasure.

It does give the names of the book and date on ring the latest appears to be 1779 names of persons. Who was this dead buried alive hermit? What secret does he hide?

Another puzzle to solved?

Amy

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 1297194

In-short it tells of a strange discovery of cave in which a crumbling skeleton was found a strange gold ring and very old books and charts dating back to the 16-17th century with notes about buried treasure.

It does give the names of the book and date on ring the latest appears to be 1779 names of persons. Who was this dead buried alive hermit? What secret does he hide?

Amy
Thanks Amy,,,strange yarn indeed! Would have been interesting if the maps were known ,,,but it is an old story to know about the maps,,,or maybe if an enquiry is made about the discovery , maybe the maps can be found displayed openly in a forgotten municipal museum of an old town..
TT

OP
OP
J.A.A.

J.A.A.

Sep 1, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Pro Pointer
Hi J.A.A,

What i find interesting is the directions to the treasure location, Jesuits studied, Alchemy, Philosophy, Latin, Astronomy, Greek and so on.... even though the directions have been translated to English
they are still in cryptic form, In the 17th - 19th century Alchemy was commonly used to write messages and give directions.

For example: Hill = direction. Plazuela = place, plaza or square, the Indians is interesting, is it another clue? and so on....

Very Interesting though.

Jones

I.A. Jones-
The other thing I personally found interesting/strange is the fact that in the directions to the cave given to Prodgers, there are two different forms of measurements from two different parts of the world... They use "Cordas" as well as "Feet"! Which is it? I can't imagine that "standard" measurements (North American) or even metric for that matter, would have been used even just a few centuries ago down in Bolivia.
Granted these directions were told to Prodgers in the 1920's.
As you stated, VERY interesting indeed!

On a side notes yet still kind of on topic, does anyone here know what a "Corda" equates to in either metric or standard measuring? I suppose I could just as easily check the web for this answer but figured it would be faster to ask one you guys (or gals- Amy) here. I'd bet that the esteemed Don of Tayopa knows this answer!

As usual, all the best-
Justin

OP
OP
J.A.A.

J.A.A.

Sep 1, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Pro Pointer

View attachment 1297194

Amy

Thanks for the fun yarn Amy!
As Señor Crow and others here on Tnet have always said, when beginning to research any legend/story such as this one, we have to start by first looking into the names of the players involved and verifying whether or not they ever even existed.

This will be a fun one to fool around with for a bit while my little one goes down for her nap...of course I say this full well knowing that I'LL probably **** my eyes when she does too!
Ah, to be a daddy!

All the best to all!
Justin

PS As I think about it, I've got a hunch that the intelligent young lady who posted this story probably already has more info on it regarding the players involved, timetables, authenticity of the story/treasure itself, etc! How bout it Amy??

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the fun yarn Amy!
As Señor Crow and others here on Tnet have always said, when beginning to research any legend/story such as this one, we have to start by first looking into the names of the players involved and verifying whether or not they ever even existed.

This will be a fun one to fool around with for a bit while my little one goes down for her nap...of course I say this full well knowing that I'LL probably **** my eyes when she does too!
Ah, to be a daddy!

All the best to all!
Justin

PS As I think about it, I've got a hunch that the intelligent young lady who posted this story probably already has more info on it regarding the players involved, timetables, authenticity of the story/treasure itself, etc! How bout it Amy??

J.J.A Its elementary and amazing how you find things if you bother to do a little search.. If anything this is the stuff to sharpen and hone research skills with.

Keys players:

The discovers of this cave called Stewart

John long, the name on the big ring next to the crumbling skeleton. 4th December 1779

The names of in Latin book 1 Suetonius " The History of Rome"

A B Strong Oxford College 24th of May 1676.

James Hayward 1685

Latin Book 2 "Senecas tragedies 1659"

English book 3 " The memoirs of Cardinal de Retz"

If we break up the clues into components we may be able find out further information.

Amy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread