The Treasure of El Pensamiento (including Ruminahuis stash)

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IPUK, you posted ---..touching a 'virgin' treasure cache must be some feeling to have...
laughing7.gif

TIS, TIS, my friend.:occasion14:

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But you are absolutely right - it is experienced by a fortunate few and most will sadly never ever even get close to that magical dream.

But we can but hope for the experience.

IPUK

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Don Jose and IPUK

One thing I have learned through my association with the trio, is successful or not you can pay a high personal price for the addiction.

While most treasure legends in general turn out to be legends. There are a few that turn out to have sometimes surprising more truth to them.

Amy

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello CI

Wise words; addiction to the search can sometimes prove to be harmful in so many ways. As you rightly point out, what an absolute futile position it must be when the chase happens to be on a mere chimera.

Even though I have never met the pirates, simply 'talking' to the wise Kanacki and the ever brilliant and super-sharp EL Crow, it is the obscure and little-known treasure stories that stand the best opportunity of a realistic return. I looked into a British payroll that sunk in the Nile river, a plane of possibly missing gold off West Africa and a ship full of stolen gold in the Marianas that they suggested. This is when you fully realise what it means to be dedicated to the hunt and why you need a professional crew with considerable funds. Then is not the time for amateurs.

IPUK

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello CI

Wise words; addiction to the search can sometimes prove to be harmful in so many ways. As you rightly point out, what an absolute futile position it must be when the chase happens to be on a mere chimera.

Even though I have never met the pirates, simply 'talking' to the wise Kanacki and the ever brilliant and super-sharp EL Crow, it is the obscure and little-known treasure stories that stand the best opportunity of a realistic return. I looked into a British payroll that sunk in the Nile river, a plane of possibly missing gold off West Africa and a ship full of stolen gold in the Marianas that they suggested. This is when you fully realise what it means to be dedicated to the hunt and why you need a professional crew with considerable funds. Then is not the time for amateurs.

IPUK

IPUK

Even professionals was amateurs once? What amateurs do no realize and even myself until I met the trio. They are searching 7 days a week even when they are on holiday their still obsessively working in background without you knowing it.

One of the many things I have discovered about the trio, when it comes to treasure they are expert fishermen. They are experts in throwing out the bait and see who bites....That of course and they live and breathe what they are doing.....

I suggest you read Kanacki's posts on White Russian gold. That was first time I had worked with Kanacki, we did some extensive research back then. For safety kanacki kept me hidden in the background. Google Kanacki Russian gold. Kanacki posted and dropped a few bombshells to draw out an ex KGB major searching for the white Russian treasure.

Perhaps Hardluck's missing Polish treasure in Canada also may be of interest? Google Canada's secret Polish Treasure That dug out descendants of those who removed the treasure from Poland.

Both I may add ended up with phenomenal amount of information to take much much further....

Then just when you figure them out you get them winking....and saying that's for fun later we have bigger fish to catch.....

Amy

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good post CI

It is there to see that the Trio have an all-round skills set that prepares them in the most perfect of ways to carry out the work they so obviously love so much. Some time ago, the Crowmeister told me to check the two stories you referred to in your post. I would think it's fair to say that intrigue, political dexterity, dangerous manoeuvring and delicate negotiations, are just as important when dealing with governments/organisations and powerful individuals. It can easily put one out of their depth and comfort zone.

Seems as if the fellas enjoy pitting their considerable intellects against fellow competitors hoping for the same prize on offer.

I bet what makes things much easier and secure is knowing that you've got each other's back and wellbeing covered. No possible loose cannons in this firm. Not many people who can play the game that way and win.

Bet it's very interesting working with the Trio and watching their talents in action.

IPUK

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One treasure story that I will ask EL Crow next time he visits here, is the one about Sacambaya/Plazuela. I know he finds it intriguing as well, but he never got to visit the location when he was in Bolivia. This one has various strands to it but there are some glaring discrepancies which need resolving and I reckon Senor Crow would be the ideal advisor.

The romance, possibility of immediate fabulous riches and the hunt away from daily drudgery are what most think is a treasure hunter/researcher's lot. It also applied to me until you have to put the legwork and resources and focus and it could be said obsession in order to see a tangible result. I still have yet to come across the result bit yet but it has not dissuaded me in any way.:hello2:

IPUK

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One treasure story that I will ask EL Crow next time he visits here, is the one about Sacambaya/Plazuela. I know he finds it intriguing as well, but he never got to visit the location when he was in Bolivia. This one has various strands to it but there are some glaring discrepancies which need resolving and I reckon Senor Crow would be the ideal advisor.

The romance, possibility of immediate fabulous riches and the hunt away from daily drudgery are what most think is a treasure hunter/researcher's lot. It also applied to me until you have to put the legwork and resources and focus and it could be said obsession in order to see a tangible result. I still have yet to come across the result bit yet but it has not dissuaded me in any way.:hello2:

IPUK

Hello IPUK

Kanacki probably the best one to ask that one. If you goggle Sacambaya/Plazuela might answer some questions?

Amy

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi CI

Past that stage, Crow wanted some documents checked here in England that he believed may have shed further light on the story. They could have possibly belonged to Prodgers who searched for the treasure.

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did the ever enquiring Kanacki look into this one?

IPUK

Not as far as I know as other projects took his attention away. There is documents in the folders of the Sanders expedition in a archive in Cornwall or Devon not sure from memory? The main thing they wanted was to find the original documents that was in possession with the descendants of Corina San Roman.

Since then other things have occupied the minds of trio.

Amy

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many thanks CI.

With the Sanders expeditions, he had copied Prodgers' documents who in turn had copied his from San Roman's. I don't believe that they ever had possession of the originals. If I am not mistaken, both Prodgers and Sanders had the text and Spanish religion instructions that were apparently found at the site, checked to see if the wording was relevant and accurate to the time frames in history. It was said that they were. Some say the treasure was recovered by the Jesuits themselves, others that some Americans found it with the help of an expedition member from Sanders' crew.

But, what if some or all of it is still there...?

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello IPUK

Ultimately the story without verification of San Romans documents failed the criteria needed for the trio expend resources on. While the trio have never fully written it off, there is mixed feels on the viability of such a project.

While Pensamiento story as originally posted also is some what lacking even more in several key factors as J.A.A mentioned. Thus both treasure legends fail in certain degrees on what criteria is used to determine a viable project. Treasure legends are treated like large multinational mining projects, if all the boxes are not ticked....it ain't going to happen.

IPUK I think raggedy old Crow would proud of you as your realizing there are some key elements needed to substantiate fact from the fiction of such stories...

There is much more viable treasure legends with much more verifiable documentation. Of course getting ones hands on such documentation is in some respects a treasure in itself.

Happy Easter everyone....

Amy

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why thank you CI, it is nice to know that wily old Birdy would be glad to know I'm doing things the right way round..., he better be!!! He is responsible for igniting my passion in this area!:laughing7:

I can understand the hard-headed approach by the crew with regards to ensuring the project is viable; no time for dreaming or sentiment in this line of work. But if there was mixed feelings then I would assume that the Trio felt it was worth delving into a little deeper because some elements do make sense. As the serious searches began just over a century ago and then the in-depth ones 80 odd years ago, there will be substantial information still out there. Prodgers', Sanders', Trennedicks, the chaps in the 1960s - there is a fair bit around- but as you rightly point out, the San Roman document needs to be viewed and verified. But in the absence of that, what about the rumours of the folk who allegedly found the treasure?

I have done a little 'digging' (where are you Crowmeister!) and it would seem that not much has happened since the 1930s. There has been small scale searching going on by the natives but that have been taking place for centuries. A properly organised and equipped outfit could cover much area in a systematic way.

Happy Easter.

IPUK

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why thank you CI, it is nice to know that wily old Birdy would be glad to know I'm doing things the right way round..., he better be!!! He is responsible for igniting my passion in this area!:laughing7:

I can understand the hard-headed approach by the crew with regards to ensuring the project is viable; no time for dreaming or sentiment in this line of work. But if there was mixed feelings then I would assume that the Trio felt it was worth delving into a little deeper because some elements do make sense. As the serious searches began just over a century ago and then the in-depth ones 80 odd years ago, there will be substantial information still out there. Prodgers', Sanders', Trennedicks, the chaps in the 1960s - there is a fair bit around- but as you rightly point out, the San Roman document needs to be viewed and verified. But in the absence of that, what about the rumours of the folk who allegedly found the treasure?

I have done a little 'digging' (where are you Crowmeister!) and it would seem that not much has happened since the 1930s. There has been small scale searching going on by the natives but that have been taking place for centuries. A properly organised and equipped outfit could cover much area in a systematic way.

Happy Easter.

IPUK

Hello IPUK There was expedition in mid 1960's Mark Howell and Tony Morrison. They confirmed bronze metal at the site. Which could confirm earlier pre Colombian metal working at the site? Or later post Colombian metal working at the site. They had a book printed called "Steps to treasure" 1967. Stratford Jollies book " Treasure Trail may also be interesting to read. There are two other books on the sanders expedition by Ralph Stead and TC Bridges.

Amy

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi CI

Thank you for the information.

I knew about the 1960s expedition and have purchased a copy of the book. They were going on the previous details from Sanders and Prodgers.

The Jollie book covers the story about the chap who was on the last Sanders expedition who apparently came back with the American crew and found the treasure sight.

I would say that once the site was confirmed as a Jesuit outpost, it was confirmed mining was carried out in the vicinity, records detailed the size of the place, maybe it would be worth delving into.

I am due to take a trip to South America later this year and will most definitely consider visiting this place for a mooch around.

IPUK

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi CI

Thank you for the information.

I knew about the 1960s expedition and have purchased a copy of the book. They were going on the previous details from Sanders and Prodgers.

The Jollie book covers the story about the chap who was on the last Sanders expedition who apparently came back with the American crew and found the treasure sight.

I would say that once the site was confirmed as a Jesuit outpost, it was confirmed mining was carried out in the vicinity, records detailed the size of the place, maybe it would be worth delving into.

I am due to take a trip to South America later this year and will most definitely consider visiting this place for a mooch around.

IPUK

There is also another source was from a book called Operation Mincemeat: The True Spy Story that Changed the Course of World War II
By Ben Macintyre ?

Julius Nolte? was the alleged protagonist mentioned by Edgar Sanders that returned in 1938 and with group of Americas recovered 8 million dollars of gold?

Amy

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread