The Truth About MFDs

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
Most importantly, as far as I know, nobody has ever Scientifically proven to the World that any MFD on the market can actually find anything at all.

If anyone has any Scientific documentation to the contrary, please post it.

Remember, this thread is about Scientific proof, not stories, explanations of how they are supposed to work, or reasons why you don't want to prove it. So please stay on topic.

I'm all ears....

:coffee2:

Capt.Betances

Mar 27, 2012
Franklin, NJ (for now)
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATMAX, Garrett GTI 2500, Sea Hunter Mark II, Garrett ACE 400, Minelab X-Terra, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, Eagle Eye, LRL, Audio generator app Tone, home-made dowsing L-rod,
A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most importantly, as far as I know, nobody has ever Scientifically proven to the World that any MFD on the market can actually find anything at all.

If anyone has any Scientific documentation to the contrary, please post it.

Remember, this thread is about Scientific proof, not stories, explanations of how they are supposed to work, or reasons why you don't want to prove it. So please stay on topic.

I'm all ears....

:coffee2:

Who are you into the scientific community?

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! This is over 5 years old. Can't wait to see the answer.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've dedicated a lot of time and money to this. So far I'm still "in the hole". I pretty much get attacked from all sides. LOL There are many scammers, or like the lawyer joke "99% make the other 1% look bad." It's true most LRL's are pitiful at best. I know people who paid thousands for those control box on a swivel handle and solid handle, too, and they are disgusted. And then there are the map "dowsers" OMG!!!

So yeah, I sure see why the anti-LRL propaganda is easily spread. Learning to use L-rods, takes more time and effort than most people are willing to exert. People who have learned them generally love them, but on the other side there are many who never learned and despise them. Honestly i believe there are people hiding behind an alias identity who intentionally are involved in "radicalizing" people to become skeptics.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The MFD (frequency discriminators) are the ones that work, but not the handheld types. For some reason people refuse to accept that the original MFD's did not use L-rods, they were totally electronic. It might sound strange that the L-rods were introduced by Dell Winders to make it easier. The device I have been working on the past 16 months is all-electronic, but like the original ones, it can also be used with L-rods. But it's my opinion that L-rods are difficult to learn and use and that is why I have been working on this contraption. I really want to bring this "out of the Dark Ages". There's very little wishful thinking involved and it's harder to influence the outcome. I know people including myself have had a hard time getting these tuned (especially the pistol type). I will admit it's enough to drive a person crazy. There's been a big craze for these handheld pistol type locators. I tell people these are not right, and the performance is just pitiful if they work at all. i know people who have tried them and said they don't work. Just because the price is high doesn't mean much. So beware.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread