The Tumlinson Diary

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Bill, they refer to the Caballos, we established that some time ago. ( at least the horses head does, along with the wording )

One has to wonder about these treasure maps and guys like Pegleg Tumlinson, who allegedly was the source of the entire "Peralta Stone Maps" dog/pony show. Where do these maps come from, and how do guys like Pegleg acquire them in the first place? What sort of connections did someone like Pegleg have that would put charts to an alleged mondo treasure, or mondo rich mines, in his hands? Why would whomever possessed these charts part with them? Think about it. Pegleg needs to be vetted, big-time. Hopefully, the big new revelations will explain it all.

Concerning the Horse Map, and its apparent connection to the Caballos, that big cartoon horse hasn't been adequately explained yet. If the left half of the stone refers to the Caballos, what about the right side? Northern New Mexico? How about Colorado? Is it just a goll-darn coincidence that the guy who named the Caballo range (big-time treasure legends) in 1807 also explored - and built a fort in the midst of - a cluster of mondo treasure legends in Colorado? Spanish Peaks, Marble Mountain, Treasure Mountain - all surrounding the San Luis Valley. Frenchy stuff. This goes back to Jefferson, Humboldt and others. I like to think out of the box, because otherwise a guy might get stuck in the same box that has gone nowhere - the box that Travis built.

pike.gif

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
One has to wonder about these treasure maps and guys like Pegleg Tumlinson, who allegedly was the source of the entire "Peralta Stone Maps" dog/pony show. Where do these maps come from, and how do guys like Pegleg acquire them in the first place? What sort of connections did someone like Pegleg have that would put charts to an alleged mondo treasure, or mondo rich mines, in his hands? Why would whomever possessed these charts part with them? Think about it. Pegleg needs to be vetted, big-time. Hopefully, the big new revelations will explain it all.

Concerning the Horse Map, and its apparent connection to the Caballos, that big cartoon horse hasn't been adequately explained yet. If the left half of the stone refers to the Caballos, what about the right side? Northern New Mexico? How about Colorado? Is it just a goll-darn coincidence that the guy who named the Caballo range (big-time treasure legends) in 1807 also explored - and built a fort in the midst of - a cluster of mondo treasure legends in Colorado? Spanish Peaks, Marble Mountain, Treasure Mountain - all surrounding the San Luis Valley. Frenchy stuff. This goes back to Jefferson, Humboldt and others. I like to think out of the box, because otherwise a guy might get stuck in the same box that has gone nowhere - the box that Travis built.

View attachment 1268881

Steve,

The problem is........Travis' box does go somewhere. To be precise, it leads to this:

Just before you reach the heart, you go through this claim:

This is the well worn (into the bedrock) trail leading from the claim and directly to the heart:

It's all on my topo map, which I have given out freely.

Good luck,

Joe

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Steve,

The problem is........Travis' box does go somewhere. To be precise, it leads to this:

Just before you reach the heart, you go through this claim:

This is the well worn (into the bedrock) trail leading from the claim and directly to the heart:

It's all on my topo map, which I have given out freely.

Good luck,

Joe

Joe, if I'm not mistaken, you're referring to the so-called "Trail Maps", whose carved patterns you have linked to certain sites in the Superstition Mountains in AZ. You may very well be correct about these links - I really don't know. According to the Peralta Stone Maps lore, all the maps were found in the same place, and so presumably, all described locations in or near the Superstition Mountains. At least, this seems to be an assumption that drove most searchers for decades. However, it seems quite likely to me that the "Horse Map" points to locations in New Mexico, not Arizona, and may be a 20th century creation. That's the box I'm referring to: accepting in the Tumlinson lore and wasting so much time trying to force the Horse Map into Arizona.

Lately we've found out that frustration and guile seemingly surrounded Travis like a cloud of gnats. It makes me wonder that, if the PSMs were in fact created as some sort of disinformation by Travis - as alleged - he may have thrown the Horse Map into the mix solely for the purpose of creating added confusion. As the "revelations" continue to roll in, and more and more maps surface here and there, it seems that the Tumlinsons have had a tiger by the tail with these maps and have not able to do much with them.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Steve,

I discarded the Horse/Priest map(?) years ago. Just didn't believe it was legit. While I have spent some time in New Mexico, it was as a tourist. Can't argue for or against the theory. :dontknow:

Did you get a copy of my topo? If you have the booklet, trace the trail maps at the start of the dotted trail on tracing paper. Lay the tracing on the topo at the top of Hieroglyphic Canyon and where the wash drops down into West Boulder from the north side of Superstition Peak.

The rest becomes easy from that point.

Take care,

Joe

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Steve,

I discarded the Horse/Priest map(?) years ago. Just didn't believe it was legit. While I have spent some time in New Mexico, it was as a tourist. Can't argue for or against the theory. :dontknow:

Did you get a copy of my topo? If you have the booklet, trace the trail maps at the start of the dotted trail on tracing paper. Lay the tracing on the topo at the top of Hieroglyphic Canyon and where the wash drops down into West Boulder from the north side of Superstition Peak.

The rest becomes easy from that point.

Take care,

Joe

Thanks for the offer Joe. I'll have to respectfully decline, as I have no particular interest in the Superstitions - although a younger me would have probably enjoyed the venue had it been more easily accessible (winter only). My interest in this whole saga has mainly to do with Pegleg, and any links to other southwestern legends. I don't have a stake in the Horse Map either, other than an interest in where its original information came from - presumably Pegleg. I doubt that Pegleg's original maps will be revealed though - unless of course it's revealed that they were not authentic. I see Travis as a very troubled soul and the frenzy he spawned as an unfortunate result of that.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The importance of the 8-N-P is understood in its relative position to the "4" heart, as seen and confirmed elsewhere. No less important is the position and angle of the second "N" above the equation, a key to understanding why the equation was scratched onto the stone, rather than deeply etched.

As is the direction the heart is pointed to, inside of the "P."

A singularity corroborated by the "heart" in the cursum perficio diagram.

Both of which point to that by quorum ecclesia fulget ut sole luna

deducer

Almost you have found the answer for the N-8-P .
Yes , the " P " is the Perficio , the " 8 " is the sun and the full moon joined and the " N " is the north . So , the Perficio is a map with a view to the north with the sun to the west and the full moon to the east .
But , to have a complete Perficio map , we have to make what the Latin text says : to put the sun and the full moon together . So , have to fold the Perficio map in half as will looks like a triangle .
The number " 8 " is the only number which could be folded to result a circle/ pit .

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Setting Sun to the west and rising moon in the east. I always said the trail Maps had a reference to Solar timing for viewing now we have the same on the PH stone. Solar time was all they had or their astrolabe back then, no time pieces. So it makes sense they would put some inference to the way they navigated land and sea. I think the Horse was a Trojan Horse sort of an innuendo that eventually spilled out Peg Leg and his descendants.

We're slowing finding out like watching a train wreck in slow motion that the Maps lead no where but into Travis's twisted inner imagination of dreams he had as a child.

So Basically we're all studying a child's pink pony coloring book.

Last edited:

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
deducer

Almost you have found the answer for the N-8-P .
Yes , the " P " is the Perficio , the " 8 " is the sun and the full moon joined and the " N " is the north . So , the Perficio is a map with a view to the north with the sun to the west and the full moon to the east .
But , to have a complete Perficio map , we have to make what the Latin text says : to put the sun and the full moon together . So , have to fold the Perficio map in half as will looks like a triangle .
The number " 8 " is the only number which could be folded to result a circle/ pit .

Hi Marius,

For me, the ‘P’ represents what one may consider to be “Peligroza,” which answers the question of why the tiny heart would be found inside the ‘P’ as well as the word itself as carved on the H/P stone. The tiny heart, naturally, representing the “COAZON” (directionally and otherwise) that we are urged to search for, surrounded by that which is "Peligroza," or what some would consider a ring of defense that is ‘dangerous.’

The "8" as depicted in the equation is both a "8" and a "3," first and foremost as a "3" relevant to the offset and slanted "3" above it, and secondly to the equation it starts. Both represent alternate methods of orientations.

My understanding of what particularly the latin words “sole” and “luna” represent, in the context of the phrase as used on the cursum perficio, is:

[Whose church] is made to shine as the moon does by [the light of] the sun.

A very appropriate and IMO, very revealing metaphor. Just as the creator intended it to be.

Were the cursum perficio diagram meant to be folded, we would find line creases on the CP paper, but I am not sure I see any.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
deducer

As I wrote in other thread , the arch ( FORNIX ) is the key . And the arch has a specific angle that is NE to SW or viceversa . So , if fold the Perficio map ( to the right ) , the arch take the proper angle . We have to take in consideration the texts ( like in the latin heart ) and symbols line and not the Omega shape from the interior .
When the Perficio map is folded , then we have a part of the Latin heart reversed , because the words and texts don't cover each other . Maybe only the down " MEUS " .

FORNIX.jpg

Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Marius,
... the word itself as carved on the H/P stone. The tiny heart, naturally, representing the “COAZON” (directionally and otherwise) that we are urged to search for ...

I was recently given an interesting map that seems to indicate that "coazon" is not a misspelling of "corazon", but apparently has some other meaning.

I'm not at liberty to post the map, but it does share certain words, symbols, numbers, places, perspective, etc with other maps purported to be "southwestern treasure maps", including the H/P stone. I will say that the word "coazon" appears on part of the map along with some enigmatic linework, a couple of stylized letters, and another "word", which I read as "5obre". The interesting point is that the word "corazon" (spelled correctly) appears in two other places on this map. Is this carelessness, a coincidence or ... what?

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sdcfia

I believe he want to separate the one from the other , pointing to this one .

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
deducer

As I wrote in other thread , the arch ( FORNIX ) is the key . And the arch has a specific angle that is NE to SW or viceversa . So , if fold the Perficio map ( to the right ) , the arch take the proper angle . We have to take in consideration the texts ( like in the latin heart ) and symbols line and not the Omega shape from the interior .
When the Perficio map is folded , then we have a part of the Latin heart reversed , because the words and texts don't cover each other . Maybe only the down " MEUS " .

View attachment 1269258

The word MEUS, appearing three times on the CP paper is certainly quite the enigma and something that I ponder every now and then. Variations on the translation of that word from Latin include the following: "of me, my, mine, belonging to me, my own."

It also appears three times on the Latin Heart. And while two of the words are diametrically opposed, as on the CP paper, the position of the third one does not appear to offer an insight or clue.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The word MEUS, appearing three times on the CP paper is certainly quite the enigma and something that I ponder every now and then. Variations on the translation of that word from Latin include the following: "of me, my, mine, belonging to me, my own."

It also appears three times on the Latin Heart. And while two of the words are diametrically opposed, as on the CP paper, the position of the third one does not appear to offer an insight or clue.

The CP map folded is only a part ( the most important ) of the Latin heart . Also has clues from the stone cross map .
When the CP map is folded , the two opposed MEUS become one .

OP
OP
S

starman 1

Jun 3, 2010
The Barn along the way

Let`s see about the barn map:

1."The barn map could be a location map incorporating a star chart".--Sarge

2."One experts opinion. The barn map has Greek symbols".--Sarge

3.The origin of the barn map."The Barn Map is an original tracing of one of the original stone maps."--banned person

1+2+3=(somewhere over the rainbow)

Seems we are far beyond book deals, tv specials, and carnival shows. Could it be they have stumbled into the realm of authentic history.

On the positive side. This will not be Spirit Mountain part 2.

Starman

Last edited:

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let`s see about the barn map:

1."The barn map could be a location map incorporating a star chart".--Sarge

2."One experts opinion. The barn map has Greek symbols".--Sarge

3.The origin of the barn map."The Barn Map is an original tracing of one of the original stone maps."--banned person

1+2+3=(somewhere over the rainbow)

Seems we are far beyond book deals, tv specials, and carnival shows. Could it be they have stumbled into the realm of authentic history.

On the positive side. This will not be Spirit Mountain part 2.

Starman

It sort of reminds me of the HP stone when it says:

"I AM 18 PLACES".

18 Places? A star chart? Navigate by the stars...makes sense...you came here that way so why not locate Treasure that way. Of course the two we now know are connected by the maker of those maps.
That name you came up with was misinterpreted as MEUS is in reality

"MENU".

Travis spent a lot of time eating out while traveling and got that idea while sitting at a dinner doodling on his napkin.

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
starman ,:coffee2:, Glad to here Alice is OK,and safe, Hope you and yours the best in everything. glad to see were this thread is going,I am also glad to see people catching up with a new insight,take care.np:cat:

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
It sort of reminds me of the HP stone when it says:

"I AM 18 PLACES".

"Yo voy" is an interesting choice of words to use. It doesn't mean "I go 18 places." It means "I am going 18 places." (Yo) "voy" (from the verb "ir") in the progressive sense of the verb, seems to suggest that the destination is already in mind, already known. It's essentially a declaration; a mission.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I would like to respond to R's eleven questions, but don't have the time or inclination to join the other forum. Anybody know how I might reach him?

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
I would like to respond to R's eleven questions, but don't have the time or inclination to join the other forum. Anybody know how I might reach him?

His gmail address is posted on the last page of his timeline and you don't need to be a member to read it.

OP
OP
S

starman 1

Jun 3, 2010
Hello sdcfia,

That is a good question. It seems someone has scored a direct hit on the bunker.

Starman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread