The Usual Colonial Stuff; copper, silver etc

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, the silvers not colonial...but anyhow. :D Got out for a hunt with the Patriot today and we tried a new group of fields that looked promising with little success so we went back to the field I got the CT copper at. Finds were a bit scarce as the grass was even taller this time around.
Group shot, half penny token, 1859 Canada large cent, 1934 penny, 1918 dime. Best finds for me were the little button with the grape? leaves on it and the jews harp. Also found an older style axe head I was too lazy to snap pics of!
001-3.jpg

002-5.jpg

Upvote 0

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those buttons and Colonial Jew's harp make for a sweet hunt. :hello2: While you are digging killer stuff, He (Patch) is drinking coffee and wishing he was digging. :D :laughing7:

Kirk

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I was just glad to get out for more less a full days hunt to dig some old dirt. At least we didn't come home empty handed... I have to invest in another camera in order to start posting some of my finds... Go to see you got your first Jews harp there :icon_thumright: Some of those other sites will start producing as soon as that hay or grass gets cut! :headbang:

OP
OP
Hunthicks

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kirk PA said:
Those buttons and Colonial Jew's harp make for a sweet hunt. :hello2: While you are digging killer stuff, He (Patch) is drinking coffee and wishing he was digging. :D :laughing7:

Kirk
The jews harp was my first, surprisingly I haven't found one with all the old sites I've been on!

OP
OP
Hunthicks

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Patriot said:
Well I was just glad to get out for more less a full days hunt to dig some old dirt. At least we didn't come home empty handed... I have to invest in another camera in order to start posting some of my finds... Go to see you got your first Jews harp there :icon_thumright: Some of those other sites will start producing as soon as that hay or grass gets cut! :headbang:
Yup, it was just nice to be out and about, and have the chance to dig some holes! I think there's lots of potential still in that area, and it would be great to see the plow hit that site as well. Or try buying the topsoil like I mentioned ;D Yup a decent camera is actually pretty cheap, I need to start putting my old one back in my pouch to get some pics in the field!

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Field pics are good, I kick my a$$ the couple times I didn't take it with me, those were the best two hunts I had this season (so far)

I have not found a jews harp yet, (nor a skeleton key.) Firsts are always nice.

Know what you mean about just getting out, It really is more about that than the finds. Well maybe not if you get something great.

Hey, the Silver may not be old, but always welcomed in my pouch.

Good luck out there.

Rick

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good stuff Hicks...the crops are starting to come off so I'll be knocking on some doors soon...those 1859s are pretty common these days. I found a decent one this past weekend.

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice fistful o goodies there!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kirk PA said:

Kirk

Well considering you guys probably need another good 7-8 years to catch up, I think I'll make some :coffee2: ;D Actually, my first 5 were so good it's probably like you didn't even start yet. :laughing7: Sorry Hunthicks you had to be a causality of my shot to Kirk, but that's just the way it has to be sometimes. ;D He must be defeated. :headbang:

Iron Bros 2011

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunthicks Congrats on the first harp :headbang: and your into some nice old digs :thumbsup: dawg

OP
OP
Hunthicks

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
Kirk PA said:

Kirk

Well considering you guys probably need another good 7-8 years to catch up, I think I'll make some :coffee2: ;D Actually, my first 5 were so good it's probably like you didn't even start yet. :laughing7: Sorry Hunthicks you had to be a causality of my shot to Kirk, but that's just the way it has to be sometimes. ;D He must be defeated. :headbang:

Iron Bros 2011
It's ok, I saw your display cases so I know I'd have a long way to go to catch up!! :wink:

Palmetto

Mar 21, 2009
UpCountry, SC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,Teknetics T2, Fisher Goldbug,
Whites 5900/ di Pro sl
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds.
Love the old buttons and the jews harp.
Congrats!