The Vaquero arrived!

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hey all,

The Vaq has arrived along with the 5.75in conc. I'm iching to get out and try it, but there is too much snow for the time being, but as soon as the snow lifts and the weather is a little warmer than 10 degrees, I will give it a wirl!

I will keep you posted, you never know, I may have to look for some green grass down in town, I think I have an 18 volt cordless hammer drill, that would get me through the frozen ground!

Thanks to Tom at Miller MDz for the great service and quick mailing, you did a great job!

HH
PTP

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Drive South, keep going south until it gets warm, pull out the Vaq. and go to town! Post when you get back!

jfeeney

Sep 16, 2012
Dayton
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went out Monday when it was in the 50s here. The ground was nearly frozen solid. I can't wait to get out there as soon as it thaws.

Congrats on the Vaquero!

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good decision! The Vaquero is a great machine once you get used to it...but who knows, you could get a great find right off the bat with it, that's how sweet it is..I dont know if you've seen the video I posted with the finds I've gotten with it in one spot behind my dads house..and there's still a lot more to do. Granted I dug a lot of trash, but I mostly dig everything

OP
OP
Pulltab Parson

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dig almost everything with a good hit, I have dug my fair share of pulltabs (hence the name). You got to dig trash to get treasure!

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My test garden is under about 1 1/2 feet of snow! Come on spring!

Good luck the Vaq. I think it would be hard to go wrong with any Tesoro. Let us know how you like it!

kjb1769

Greenie
Jan 26, 2013
My Vaquero is supposed to arrive today. Weather is supposed to be good around here this weekend. Pretty much have my weekend planned. It's been awhile since I swung a detector my last one was a Tesoro Golden Saber. Ready to try the pin pointer also. Things have changed I used to use a brass coin probe. I remember a small ring in some grass roots that drove me bonkers. I used the probe where I had pin pointed the target pushed it thru the grass bumped something recovered a small rock, then another then another finally saw the ring hanging from some roots over the hole. Glad to have an electronic pin pointer.

SpiritRelic

Sep 16, 2012
Congrats on the V! It will do anything you want except wet salt sand.You got plenty of power.So have fun and find some treasure! :-V

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread