the vision pro xj9 the ebay one

strike it rich

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
Treasure baron with Goldtrax
yet another review for a machine am becoming to like more with every time i use it. Although i would love a named brand IE a whites or fisher or minelab I truly believe in this budget price machine Ive recommend to the person i brought mine off that he might wish to have user reviews I got a feeling all it is going to take to this machine to make its mark is one good hit (hope it me) the only bad thing i can find up to date is the fact i sometimes end up digging a huge hole and finding nothing thats me not the machine as i am still learning when i fully get the hang of it i will do a full review warts and all. The fact that i only paid £58 pounds for it has helped me to keep going that and the great advice i have got here thanks to everyone that replied to my topics and the advice i have been given. I think that all the named brands had to start somewhere i can only add without this machine i would be still be sitting at home dreaming of detecting.

I watch with interest for any other person that owns one to write a review

Good luck and good hunting

hissinroaches

May 25, 2009
northern michigan,USA
Detector(s) used
treasure hunterxj9-3050
i just bought the treasure hunter xj9-3050. it hasnt came in the mail yet,but i will keep you updated.i heard some good and bad things about it,but i dont think anyone has actually used it that has posted.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hissinroaches said:
i just bought the treasure hunter xj9-3050. it hasnt came in the mail yet,but i will keep you updated.i heard some good and bad things about it,but i dont think anyone has actually used it that has posted.

How's the 3050 working out?

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
I got the XJ9-3050. I'm still learning it. One thing one must not do is drag the coil on the ground or it will get false intermittent beeps & coins may not ID good, or may be intermittent at lower sensitivity settings.

The person selling these detectors makes some claims I wonder about. He says the detector has a second higher frequency for gold. Funny the manual or mfr website doesn't say that. The ad says 5 year warranty, then when you get it a little slip they put in the manual says 1 year warranty.

I believe the detector is the same as the Gold Century one with identical appearance & controls. In the latest ad it says Treasure Hunter mislabeled them GC3030. But Treasure Hunter isn't a mfrs name, just the name Sylvan Company (Sylvan Newby) uses on eBay, with user ID parrotworld.

Ad says surface blanking increases depth, manual says it decreases depth. Says it detects gold nuggets to 12", but doesn't say size of nugget needed for 12".

The Gold Century model claims just over 10" on quarter in all metal & just under 10" in disc. This is about what I find to be the case in my air tests, with a broken signal. Quarter solid with high tone out to 8" or so.

The pinpoint is easy & has much lower volume with smaller beep. In disc, a zinc sounds very loud & wide, like a can. The "depth" of zincs dropped a fair amount when rejecting pulltabs. There was a big drop in air tests going from sensitivity 8 to 7. Doubt it can distinguish between nickels & modern tabs.

Battery life: I got 3 hours using 270 mAh NiMH. With alkalines that should be increased significantly (2 9V), as they are something like 400mAh. 2 400mAh lithium 9V rechargeables & lithium recharger is available from 1 eBay seller for about $34 shipped (charge time 1 1/2 hours).

I paid in bid about $172 with bag, phones & scoop. HH, George (MN)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread