The Voice of Reason

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It all begins with that little voice in the back of you’re mind say, “Ah, stay home today. Take a break. It’s probably the best thing to do today.” That’s the way it usually begins for me, just an innocent series of momentary thoughts when I’m sometimes thinking of going to the beach. Innocent? Sure, if you believe Dennis the Menace was innocent.

“Uncertainty”, that’s what that little voice is really instilling in us. It’s planting the notion that if we don’t go we might actually miss out on something. I mean, if that little voice was so damn innocent then why speak to me at all? “Relax. Stay home today. Probably just be wasting your time otherwise.” “Probably?”….and there you go, the seed that the little SOB so carefully planted. Probably is like saying, perhaps, or maybe, or, you just never know. Why has he set his sights on tormenting me like this?

“Trust”….you’d think you would be able to trust that little voice inside your own head but I can’t tell you the number of times he’s screamed, “DUDE! GO TO THE BEACH! GOLD AWAITS YOU!” It’s awful hard to keep placing your trust in voice with a long history of steering you in the wrong direction. “Go ahead, Dude. She really likes you.” I still carry the emotional and mental scar from that 7th grade disaster. At best he throws you a bone every now and then just to regain your trust and confidence, and then, just like yesterday, he plays that mind-game on you again, “Stay home, probably won’t miss much, but then again, you just might get lucky and have one of those golden days?” Yep, I bit and three hours later I was wondering why? One of these days I’m really going to get him back and then we’ll see who’s laughing. I mean, it's my head and I can create other little voices. Can’t wait to hear what he has to say when they start chiming in. :thumbsup::laughing7:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Should I post this response??? yeah go ahead..... but someone may not agree with your point of view......screw them if they don't actually READ THE WORDS RIGHT and take it wrong.... but there you go again not caring about others...... delete, delete, delete.... If you leave this page your message will be lost..... Oh just turn off the computer and go hunting.... you can't find gold in your chair.....

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who is this little voice, anyway? Think I saw him once but not certain. :laughing7:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate the fact that even though I know better, I still listen to him.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

greed, lust, gluttony, etc:

s1u2r3f4

Oct 15, 2011
On the brink....
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Minelab Explorer ll
Sov Gt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the angel on one shoulder and the devil on the other. Devil always wins out and that's why my finds stink!!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Living as close as you do to the beach I would go everytime I thought about it... Takes me 1:15 mins to get there 1:15 to get home, $20 gas and $5 to park.... More you hunt the higher your odds are of finding soemthing good...... 100% guaranteed you want find that $10,000 diamond ring in your easy chair..

s1u2r3f4

Oct 15, 2011
On the brink....
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Minelab Explorer ll
Sov Gt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are you kidding!! I don't own an easy chair! Seems like I :walk:for miles. Trying to get this place wired. It will happen. Trouble is, the whole time I'm striking out, I keep thinking of what I should be doing:angel5:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you kidding!! I don't own an easy chair! Seems like I :walk:for miles. Trying to get this place wired. It will happen. Trouble is, the whole time I'm striking out, I keep thinking of what I should be doing:angel5:

It's not you...."it's that little voice"....he's such a killjoy sometimes. :laughing7:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All the cats mewing in my head agree: You is funny BS!

Years ago, that "voice" kept telling me to go to a particular resort spot and hunt. I kept telling it to "be quiet", I had never found anything really good, at that spot. It was New Years, and I waited about 3 days, before I could get up to the spot. Pulled out a BEAUTIFUL, HEAVY unmarked 18k, GIANT tourmaline mans' ring.
Sometimes, ya gotta trust the voice! :laughing7:

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
Yep its 4am on Labor day my headmate is screaming. Dude grab the shark,scoop and some coffee the hunt is on. Damit Jim

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Just go !!! It could turn out to be the next Banner Find !!

arrowheadted

Jun 2, 2012
I married that doubting voice 7 years ago, funny thing is I still love her.
It sounds like... don't you want to stay home and clean the house or go shopping. You only going to find trash and I'll find it in the washing machine .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread