The Wait Begins!

jhnbaker

Greenie
Mar 28, 2007
Booneville Mississippi
I finally did it! After about 3 months of research and swinging a local metal detector club member's Vaquero I settled on a Tejon and am I excited. I figured that the Tejon while more sensitive will be along the lines of learning the Vaquero even though I am a brand newbie. The wait however I think will be the hardest part. I sent my money snail mail to Tony (Priority Mail) yesterday and the heart is already racing. I found a couple of Buck and Ball relics here in the area and a 3 ringer with the club members Vaquero so maybe there will be other goodies in the offering when the Tejon gets here!!I f you look at the time that I posted this you can tell that I am already excited! ;D

jeffinflint

Feb 10, 2007
You will hooked on the hobby. I hear the Tejon is a FANTASTIC detector. I love metal detecting. It is so relaxing, and it is great exercise. I used to sometimes get a little self-conscious being out with detector, especially when there is people around. Now, I just don’t give a darn. I march to the beat of my own drum. You will often see a lot of talk of these bulletin boards about technicalities, such as using this digging tool vs. that digging tool because of it’s size or shape. I personally, and none of my friends, have ever been hassled by anybody. You just have to use your best judgment. I will use a different recovery tool in a public park with people around than I will use if I am out in the middle of nowhere.

Enjoy yourself, Jeff in Flint, MI

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread