The Weirdest Thing Happened

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
The Weirdest Thing Happened

I picked up $400 worth of dimes at a bank in my town. When I got home, one of the rolls caught my eye because it looked old. I picked it up and could see an address stamp on it. IT WAS MY ADDRESS. It was from the son of the guy I bought my house from nearly 20 years ago. His “kid” hadn’t lived here for at least 20 years. He doesn’t live in this town anymore. Not sure who turned it in to the bank. Cheap bums, they could have at least put one silver in it. Oh well, how often does that happen?
HH, S_F :icon_jokercolor:

Upvote 0

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver_Fox said:
TXTim said:
I did that just to freak you out!
Well it worked :thumbsup:

Funny!!

That really is weird......how often does something like that happen?? I bet not very often!

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
That's probably the coolest roll-hunt find I've ever heard of.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Maybe it was done by the guy whose account number you showed on here that was written on the coin roll recently. He is sending you a message. LOL!

Jim

Mentone Grizz

Jul 27, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
I was working on a flip house last year and tore out a built-in desk in a back bedroom. Out from behind slipped some baseball cards and other odd pieces of paper. I was looking at the baseball cards (nothing special) when I noticed my own last name (uncommon) on one of the paper items, which was an old report card! With a heavy sense of being in the Twilight Zone, I looked closer and realized that it wasn't my own report card, but was the report card of a student that had my father for 7th Grade math in 1968!! I suppose that any teacher will issue a fairly large number of report cards over their career, but it was certainly weird to have one fall out on the floor in front of me in that time and place.....made me think of my father, of course, and being that he had passed in 1997, it left me to wonder............

OP
OP
Silver_Fox

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
jim4silver said:
Maybe it was done by the guy whose account number you showed on here that was written on the coin roll recently. He is sending you a message. LOL!

Jim
That guy called me, he wants his empty rolls back :thumbsup:

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
jim4silver said:

Jim

Now thats funny. :icon_jokercolor:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread