diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love it when it turns to Narnia. Great picture! img20170203_092335.jpg I took this coming home from work. Taken from the shoulder of pikes peak looking at poncho pass. I love when the clouds fill in the valleys below. Its probably Narnia down there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love it when it turns to Narnia. Great picture! View attachment 1410216 I took this coming home from work. Taken from the shoulder of pikes peak looking at poncho pass. I love when the clouds fill in the valleys below. Its probably Narnia down there.
Isn't that a veiw of South Park below filled with a low cloud?

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the banana belt looking toward Salida. The clouds are covering canon city. The clouds creep up the valley. Sometimes the mountains look like islands. South park is a little to the right. The clouds are in the lower Arkansas valley. I often look at the passes through the Sangres. Lots of treasure out there. I would like to hike music pass with my boys some day. I notice I tend to write kind of choppy. Thanks for your post Tamrock!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Indeed. Great wealth's of treasures are no doubt hidden in these mountains. Just where they are, floods my imagination. I read a story once on how the old time miners of the CCV district would often high grade the owners of the mines the were employed with. They'd get caught and just go to work at an other operation and do it again. The story went on about one miner who high graded a large amount and then went missing. Years later his skeleton was found in the woods alongside a dead buck that he had shot. Apparently he thought the buck was dead and when he went over to it, it got up and stabbed him through the chest with his antlers. So his stash of gold he was said to have was never found.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions