DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
burr its cold out there!Had about a couple hours before dark to hunt this evening and the snow is coming so I thought I would give it a shot.I found out that the ground is pretty much closed up when I got to my site, so I did a little cherry pickin .I did pretty good.I found a toasted Coronet head,a umbrella piece,and a pretty nice floral flat button.The flat button was a heart stopper when it first rolled out the hole,at first sight it looked like a silver coin.The L.C. was a little of a disappointment after I got home and cleaned it, but that is the way it goes I guess."I wish the toasted- non toasted ratio was reversed:laughing7:"The umbrella piece's are always a decent little find and was happy to find it.Stay warm everyone and happy hunting when the weather breaks! 001.JPG 007.JPG 008.JPG 005.JPG 006.JPG

Upvote 9

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The shank side pic looks like that nice button is a spun Tombac? Great finds! The button is my favorite:icon_thumright:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice I am in Michigan I also have gone out if its above freezing but below freezing the ground is like cement. I sent my at pro in for repairs cause its going to be freezing for a while (forgot to remove battery pack I hope it doesnt turn on in the shipping box) Great finds.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice "last Digs" Ground is frozen here in Ohio. Getting my Black Widows ready to ship out for a new cable replacement and the Garrett Pro-Pointer needs sent out for a a new switch.

Time to create something out of some of my finds, and to mount my printer drawers on the walls of the computer/craft room.

acm3

Jan 2, 2016
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and
Garrett pinpointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice Finds. I am in VA too and plan my last dig tomorrow. I plan to bring a jackhammer. The thought of not digging for more than a week is brutal.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think all We'll be digging in VA this weekend is snow.[emoji23] [emoji23]
It will be tough but I guess we can't complain much. It's been a great winter till now.

HH, Relic Nut

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The shank side pic looks like that nice button is a spun Tombac? Great finds! The button is my favorite:icon_thumright:
I believe your right Old Dude.You seem to know allot about buttons.I would have to say it is my favorite of the hunt also.

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice I am in Michigan I also have gone out if its above freezing but below freezing the ground is like cement. I sent my at pro in for repairs cause its going to be freezing for a while (forgot to remove battery pack I hope it doesnt turn on in the shipping box) Great finds.
I know you guys have got to be frozen up there.Yesterday was the first of the frozen ground here.Wasn't to bad once getting through the frozen lair.No better time to take care of repairs!!I wouldn't worry to much,your machine should be fine.

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
YEP frozen here too. Went out on Monday to search the tot lots. Even the mulch is starting to freeze. Walked away with a pop top. How ironic is that. Those suckers are everywhere.

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice "last Digs" Ground is frozen here in Ohio. Getting my Black Widows ready to ship out for a new cable replacement and the Garrett Pro-Pointer needs sent out for a a new switch.

Time to create something out of some of my finds, and to mount my printer drawers on the walls of the computer/craft room.
thanks.I am a junky,just had to do it one more time.:laughing7: you make art out of some of your finds?

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Finds. I am in VA too and plan my last dig tomorrow. I plan to bring a jackhammer. The thought of not digging for more than a week is brutal.
I like your avatar.Yeah a jackhammer or a hammer and chisel.Hope you had some success today..

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think all We'll be digging in VA this weekend is snow.[emoji23] [emoji23]
It will be tough but I guess we can't complain much. It's been a great winter till now.

HH, Relic Nut
No lie!~They are calling for 2 feet now,I think I am gonna be sick.We have had a mild winter but I guess all good things must come to a end .At least spring is close:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread