americanview.gif
    14.1 KB · Views: 6,863

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
D@mn I'm an American and I don't see any thing that is wrong with the Map!!!! :laughing9:

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right on IP -
Dare I say,
The average Kiwi knows how many United States there are and 'roughly' where they are - mainly squeezed between beautiful Canada and Mexico.
To my knowledge, the average US citizen, doesn't know we even exist,
here in New Zealand - Aotearoa - Land of the Long White Cloud.

Mike

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have to agree with you trikikiwi, Americans for the most part probably rank lowest when it comes to geography. This little post is a double edged sword, one showing how little we know, and the other showing how little we care about everyone else. Not very flattering in my opinion.

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
I have to say that this is a good example of the mentality of many Americans, not all but many.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
trikikiwi said:
Right on IP -
Dare I say,
The average Kiwi knows how many United States there are and 'roughly' where they are - mainly squeezed between beautiful Canada and Mexico.
To my knowledge, the average US citizen, doesn't know we even exist,
here in New Zealand - Aotearoa - Land of the Long White Cloud.

Mike
And some giant stag....Love to go there :icon_thumright:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
sadly as a "world wise" traveller (US merchant marine 27 years ) -- sadly i would tend to agree with iron patch's --most americans veiw point of a "world map" -- many americans are woefully misinformed about the world in general as well often knowing very little about history (both american and world / foreign) , foreign langauges in general and habits and customs of other nations / cultures and several other rather important things.

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other
This is not a critiscm just an observation. Geography is a compulsary subject taught in schools in the UK, right up to School leaving age. I don't know if it's the same in the US.
About a 100 yrs ago.. :icon_scratch: when I was at school, not only was American Geography taught with great enthusiasm we even had to learn the American National Anthem. I personally think Geography is a most interesting subject, and thru it you learn a great deal about the culture and history of so many Countries. In fact we used to play a game to see who could name the Capitals of different Countries.

U.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unicorn said:
This is not a critiscm just an observation. Geography is a compulsary subject taught in schools in the UK, right up to School leaving age. I don't know if it's the same in the US.

U.

It was when I when to school, but I think they may just gloss over it now, or perhaps dropped it from the curriculum altogether :dontknow: Although I knew most countries, I was a bit slower on the African ones, I knew them, just not as well. I was surprised that when I was working for one steamship line, that one of the salesmen had no idea where Japan was on a map. The saddest part is that all the salesman had to have a college degree to work for this firm. I wasn't even considered for a sales position there because I didn't complete college. Maybe I should have brought that to their attention :icon_scratch: In the US today there are kids that still don't even know where the US is, I had that appalling.

Tony66

May 28, 2008
Tampa Bay Area Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II
I can't say all Americans are dumb or ignorant because I haven't met them all. Here on the forum you can see that there are quite a lot that don't fit into that category. However, I'm 43 and my family history goes to Puerto Rico and I recently (2 months ago) was having a discussion with a friend of mine about the illegal immigrant problem in this country and we were giving our opinions on it when he stated he was tired of all the Puerto Ricans that are sneaking into this country and living tax free and so forth. I had to explain to him that PR is a possession of the U.S. and the only thing you need to "sneak" back and forth is a ticket on Delta.

I workedwith a guy whose wife was Hawaiian. They've gone there 2 or 3 times to visit and each time they got back there was always someone who would ask what the currency exchange rate is in Hawaii. That's just sad.

S

Smee

Iron Patch said:
I don't want to hear it, you know it's the truth! ;D
Why is everyone here getting so serious?

Don't you understand --- This is "Comedy Central" --- It's a freaking joke!!
:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smee said:
Iron Patch said:
I don't want to hear it, you know it's the truth! ;D
Why is everyone here getting so serious?

Don't you understand --- This is "Comedy Central" --- It's a freaking joke!!
:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

This is not where the thread started... It started in Everything Now and was moved. I am not sure what the intent of the posting was, serious, or as a joke. It can be taken either way. I thought it was serious in nature as did several.

S

Smee

I've seen the similar Texas Maps (most famous), the Louisiana version, the Oklahoma version and another one or two probably.

It's a joke.

USA+mit+komischen+Namen.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread