the WORST find ever "or close"

PChammer

Jun 11, 2010
the WORST find ever "or close"

Well, earlier today I was rummaging through some junk my step father was throwing out, he said he had a box of old coins somewhere. Well, I found them. ::) I don't think they are that old, nor are they coins, they are tokens which most say, "NO CASH VALUE", for a reason I'm sure. So anyway, this was my almost great find until I opened the box :tongue3:

And happy 4th to those celebrating it :icon_thumleft:

Attachments

• img035.jpg
    img035.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 1,280
  • img036.jpg
    img036.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 1,280
Upvote 0

JD-GA

Feb 2, 2010
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Re: the WORST find ever "or close"

Those "no cash value" tokens look exactly like the greatest thing I ever held in my hands in the early late 70s, early 80s. Arcade tokens woohoo. May not make you rich but still treasure to some of us.

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I think i have everyone of those tokens plus more all from Coinstar change return 1 at a time ,put them in coin folds you be surprised what they are worth in good shape Dd60

OP
OP
P

PChammer

Jun 11, 2010

JD-GA said:
Those "no cash value" tokens look exactly like the greatest thing I ever held in my hands in the early late 70s, early 80s. Arcade tokens woohoo. May not make you rich but still treasure to some of us.

I never had the opportunity to use or see them back then so had no idea how old they were :o Well, definitely a keepsake then :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
P

PChammer

Jun 11, 2010

Deepdiger60 said:
I think i have everyone of those tokens plus more all from Coinstar change return 1 at a time ,put them in coin folds you be surprised what they are worth in good shape Dd60

:icon_thumleft: thanks for the tip! I think I may in fact search a few of these then and post in the what is it? thread.

gwdigger

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
Ocean City, Md
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

that golden dome taken really brings back memories.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

well the one with the genie is a old alladins castle token --the one with the slot is a old european style telephone token --you bought the tokens and used them for local or long distance calls --kept crooks from breaking into phone machines --since they only had calling tokens in them rather than money .

the others are chuckie cheese token aka as "golden rats" -- show time another feed the kids pizza arcade type chain --- and last but not least -- the fun time arcade--- and -- family amusement center which i think were just arcade game places --then theres the "generic" -eagle / no cash value tokens

late 70's early 80's age of the arcade games.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Most of those are very collectible. :icon_thumleft: Likely rarer than most coins and in real good shape. :headbang: That's a great score ! :hello2:

Keep @ it and HH !! ;D :D

OP
OP
P

PChammer

Jun 11, 2010

Well, I learned my lesson, never assume anything is worthless. :P Thanks for all the info on them and I will definitely hold on to them :icon_thumleft:

Paul

Irchr

Mar 17, 2010
Texas

[too bad you don't like to go to Chucky cheese's and have some fun.

[/quote]

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV

I love those tokens. I dug 8 of the ones with the No cash value and the eagle on one side, in one hole once. They are NOT in as good a shape as the ones you have.

I wouldn't complain about those tokens at all.!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread