THE XLT AND THE XL PRO ?????

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
Different birds...my friend.

XLT is a digital ID machine that can be programmed or use preloaded programs to help sort through all the targets. It was White's Top of the line for about 10 years or so before they came out with the DFX. Super target ID for coin hunters.

The XL Pro was the rename of the 6000 Pro which was the top end analog machine for White's for sometime. They did some streamlining and got rid of the 4 D batteries and went with 8 AA's to help reduce the weight and uniform their detector carcasses. But in my opinion, it was a Great all around machine, especially liked by relic hunters.

Also, my personal opinion is that White's could have kept both of these machines and done well. But technology changes and you have to up the ante when you are one of the big boys. I wasn't too keen on seeing them dump their quality made lower end machines for plastic, but who am I?...just a consumer.

Now for the soapbox....

If (a big if) I could only have two machines out of all the companies, I would have one of these. I believe when you are hunting trashy areas, some form of target ID is needed to help pick through in a more timely fashion.

I am also partial to the Nautilus DMC IIb and they Tesoro Tejon for non-metered machines.

Keep in mind every machine has its nitch otherwise their wouldnt be so many.

Sorry, I kinda got off of the original question. I guess I'm having cabin fever.

w

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread