Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-6a
Makro Racer
Minelab E-Trac
Fisher F-75
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I drove to a small town 20 minutes from my house where I have hunted recently. The owner of a whole block in the town has let me hunt his property for the past few months, but I had never hunted the yard of his personal residence until two days ago. It turned out to be worth the wait, as I dug 4 silver Washington quarters and 2 silver Rosies. Two of the quarters were in one hole, and one of the quarters and one of the dimes were together in another hole. The 1958 quarter on the far right is in near extra fine condition. The V nickel is a 1910, and was nearly on top of the ground at ~1/2 an inch depth. Also found 11 Wheaties and assorted other stuff, including a 1952 dog tag and small child's spoon (not pictured).

Thanks for looking and HH! thumbnail[1].jpg

Upvote 45

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How cool is that! Nice job! Probably more still there.

RJGMC

OP
OP
B

Brierfield

Aug 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-6a
Makro Racer
Minelab E-Trac
Fisher F-75
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks RJGMC & Squirrel322!

It was definitely a fun, but long (5 1/2 hr.) hunt!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like it was a great yard. Six silvers in one yard is a great day.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aw man...I LUV finding silver Washingtons, and they're NOT easy to find! And you say you have a WHOLE BLOCK to hunt!? You hit the jackpot right there! Congrats on your 6 silvers, absolutely killed it...Ddf.

Huntingnova

Jun 2, 2019
Fort Wayne IN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter land star pro / Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great find! love getting into old coins like that in one area.

Aug 5, 2015
Detector(s) used
Entry level POS that I found in the thickets along a river.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those post WWII yards can be tops for easy silber.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brierfield, well done and congratulations! You have a great selection of detectors, you might try one or two more on the same yard coming at it from different directions. Low and Slow as well. Good luck.............63bkpkr

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Nicely done, gotta love the big silver

OP
OP
B

Brierfield

Aug 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-6a
Makro Racer
Minelab E-Trac
Fisher F-75
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aw man...I LUV finding silver Washingtons, and they're NOT easy to find! And you say you have a WHOLE BLOCK to hunt!? You hit the jackpot right there! Congrats on your 6 silvers, absolutely killed it...Ddf.

Thanks!

The silver Washingtons are really fun to find; I've dug 6 of them so far this year. During this dig I also dug 2 of my most hated coin - 1965 Washington quarters! Those are always a heartbreaker. LOL

OP
OP
B

Brierfield

Aug 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-6a
Makro Racer
Minelab E-Trac
Fisher F-75
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brierfield, well done and congratulations! You have a great selection of detectors, you might try one or two more on the same yard coming at it from different directions. Low and Slow as well. Good luck.............63bkpkr

Thanks!

Yes, that's a great suggestion on using a different detector. I often do this when I can. I used the F75 on this particular hunt, and might just go back and run the CZ or the E Trac. The problem is that it is getting to be pretty hot and humid down here where I live, making hunts more difficult. Last week saw lower temps and humidity (very unusual), which is why I was able to do such a long and thorough hunt at that site.

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW! I need a yard like that- Congrats on all that silver!

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Six Silvers in one day is FANTASTIC. I'll be lucky if I get six in one year. Congrats on a fine hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread