Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a bright sunny day, on my way to the park "all" the lights are green. ???
At the trashy park I actually find a clear spot to ground balance the detector. :icon_scratch:
I start finding the usual clad and trash and then there's a golf tee laying on the ground, more digging clad and a set of glowing fangs are laying on top the ground. ???
More clad digging then a plastic silver heart is just laying there. My next penny signal is under the two red cloth hearts, which are next to the purple bottle of bubbles. :icon_scratch:

Nothing old on the clad except the 1940 nickel. It's getting hot, the final signal is bouncing around in the coin range and it's deep, ok, this is coming with me!

Ten minutes later and a foot down I see a rusty metal edge...:icon_scratch: That is NOT a coin!
I dig and pry it up...it looks like a mini rusty flying saucer! ??? ??? :dontknow:
Ok, we've gone from Dark Shadows on the sunny surface finds to Alien Invasion-Gone Wrong on the buried ones! Irony in action, when you're going for the gold, and your trash is more interesting than the finds! :dontknow: :laughing7:
image.jpg
Maybe someone knows what the rusty flying saucer is?
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Upvote 21

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is that rusty flying saucer? The irony of it all!
Lots of targets dug there!
HH

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just HAD to come see this for myself Karen! I'm thinking your errrr... UFO might be the rusty base of something like a basketball goal. Is the white part metal too or concrete? Sometimes those whazzits finds are pretty entertaining. A friend of ours found what he thought was sure a CSA Atlanta Arsenal style buckle like my avatar but it turns out it was a Lucks Bean belt buckle. Who the heck would wear a bean belt buckle?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL fangs for the Laugh :laughing7:
Many a Time the toy found lying on the Ground was my Best find of the Day :thumbsup:
by the way your flying Saucer looks like a Axle Nut/bolt Cover from a toy Car or wagon

Untitledj.jpg

Last edited:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When going for the gold one tends to work harder and find less. Ah, but, finding that one special target! After that, nothing else in the day matters.

Just takes time. LOTS of time!!! ;)

You're doing well. It shows that you aren't JUST listening to the ground, you're also seeing! :)

I wonder if they make a plastic detector? Naaaahh! It would NEVER shut up!! ;)

Thanks for sharing!

Golden oaks

Aug 4, 2012
BEACH BETTER HAVE MY MONEY!
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Excalibur II
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thank you for posting your quest for gold in a light hearted manner. Although maybe there was a degree of disappointment, but the way you wrote your experience made it look like a fun day out! I'm glad you were able to enjoy the little things in life that make it enjoyable!!!

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup , And then there are those days when you wonder why am I out here doing this ? This is such a crazy pastime , you
should probably go back out to that same park right away - you'll probably score something really good .

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why is one can go to the parks and find gold and others just pull tabs and junk? I'm in the group of pull tabs and junk. Keep at it and you will be rewarded....

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is that rusty flying saucer? The irony of it all!
Lots of targets dug there!
HH

Thank you!
I'm guessing the little grey guys didn't have AAA road side assistance! :laughing7:
It looks to be a ball and socket disk of some kind. Center ball is hollow and not magnetic.

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just HAD to come see this for myself Karen! I'm thinking your errrr... UFO might be the rusty base of something like a basketball goal. Is the white part metal too or concrete? Sometimes those whazzits finds are pretty entertaining. A friend of ours found what he thought was sure a CSA Atlanta Arsenal style buckle like my avatar but it turns out it was a Lucks Bean belt buckle. Who the heck would wear a bean belt buckle?

The bean buckle wearer was probably full of hot air. :laughing7:
The disk is all metal, it reminds me of a giant ball bearing in a socket disk, but the ball part is hollow and non magnet.
Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL fangs for the Laugh :laughing7:
Many a Time the toy found lying on the Ground was my Best find of the Day :thumbsup:
by the way your flying Saucer looks like a Axle Nut/bolt Cover from a toy Car or wagon

View attachment 1186872

Lol! You're welcome.
The center part seems to have been a completely round ball at one time, and turns white as it corrodes.
I'm still in awe of all the lights being green, never happened before. Emeralds of another kind I guess. :headbang:

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When going for the gold one tends to work harder and find less. Ah, but, finding that one special target! After that, nothing else in the day matters.

Just takes time. LOTS of time!!! ;)

You're doing well. It shows that you aren't JUST listening to the ground, you're also seeing! :)

I wonder if they make a plastic detector? Naaaahh! It would NEVER shut up!! ;)

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for looking!
Over this particular piece of ground my detector never stops beeping, that's why I was extremely surprised to hit a patch of "clean" ground! That in it's self is a gift! They used trash furnace clean out as ground fill in a lot of places around here, thus metal debris is every where, and silence is truly "golden" and scarce. :laughing7: and probably why the park is all mine!

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scott9050- Could be, I don't know. it's 4 1/4" across and the center part looks like is was a complete hollow sphere at one time.
As long as it doesn't levitate it can stay!

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for posting your quest for gold in a light hearted manner. Although maybe there was a degree of disappointment, but the way you wrote your experience made it look like a fun day out! I'm glad you were able to enjoy the little things in life that make it enjoyable!!!

Thank you very much!
In our hobby the thrill is in the hunt and as long as I can hunt, I'm happy!
Besides, I don't want any newbies getting discouraged thinking we all find silver & gold all the time.

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup , And then there are those days when you wonder why am I out here doing this ? This is such a crazy pastime , you
should probably go back out to that same park right away - you'll probably score something really good .

Ya, we all feel that way from time to time, but it's like anything in life you readjust your thinking, clear out the negative that holds you back and try again. As crazy as it sounds I "know" there is a silver or gold ring there some where, I can feel it, I just haven't found it...yet!
Seeing all the great finds being made encourages me to find what's out there.
I know what you mean, I should get back out there right now and make it happen, but time won't let me.
At some point I will come up with that which I seek. Thanks for the encouragement :icon_thumright:

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why is one can go to the parks and find gold and others just pull tabs and junk? I'm in the group of pull tabs and junk. Keep at it and you will be rewarded....

Thanks!
I do not know the answer to that, probably be rich if I did!
If pull tab jewelry ever comes into vogue all of us here are going to score BIG! :headbang:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Ya, we all feel that way from time to time, but it's like anything in life you readjust your thinking, clear out the negative that holds you back and try again. As crazy as it sounds I "know" there is a silver or gold ring there some where, I can feel it, I just haven't found it...yet!
Seeing all the great finds being made encourages me to find what's out there.
I know what you mean, I should get back out there right now and make it happen, but time won't let me.
At some point I will come up with that which I seek. Thanks for the encouragement :icon_thumright:

It's there already..all you have to do is look for it,I can't even do that..13 days without my M-6..14 to go....

crazy-monkey.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh Chris! My heart felt sympathy! If I had another working detector I'd send it over.
Maybe some strolls thru parking lots, and a little bargain hunting are in order.

I had that same dread two weeks ago when I detected over some kind of underground current making the M6 go crazy. The thought crosses my mind "what am I gonna do if I have to send it in for repair?" Flash backs of winter insanity are scary!

My next hunt, I'll find something for you. That's a long time!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MSBB,

I have a feeling that your "Flyin' Saucer" item may have been, at one time, a version of a "Trolley ball caster," or wheel, attached to the bottom of a heavy piece of machinery/table/trolley/furniture for moving it...

trolleycaster.jpg
Here is a similar version.

Happy Hunting, Sub 8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread