Theory crafting : vibration concentrates

allenkeeton

Jun 26, 2014
cartersville, GA.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm sitting here with severe back pain wishing i could get out on this fine day, but such is life. lots of time to think though. :icon_scratch:

Heavy bass sounds produce vibration and it put me on the idea of how to best use those on gold recovery. I've seen vids of people using vibration to easily classify materials, but i wonder if it could also be used to clean up cons for gold recovery. This is something i will soon start experimenting with. Just gonna take some time to design and build the right structure to make it possible. would love to here any feedback on this endeavor.

Upvote 0

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Allen, get yourself some old Steppenwolf 8-tracks and rig some speakers to blast across some sort of diaphragm. You may have to pay BMI some royalties. No seriously , who knows ? You might have something. G/L

mshanygin

Dec 22, 2014
Everett WA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think get a frequency generator and hook it up to a large bass speaker. Put your cons dry in a upside down cone. Blast the bass at a low frequency and perhaps stir as you go. Just an idea but I like it.

SunshineMiner

Jun 2, 2014
Someplace Sunny, California
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Check out the Earthquake Classifier... Just use dry con material, classify it down to -100 or more if you have the screens, and pan away :)

But i think I know what you mean... Use the vibration to seperate the gold from the black sands/heavies

Jimmydolittle

Mar 14, 2013
Hendricksville Indiana
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Some time back, I saw a youtube video that showed a guy placing a rubber hose, looked to be about 1/2", which contained a small vibrator motor of some sort, shaped into a ring that he placed onto the lip of his bucket classifier stack. Seemed to work really well. Just sayin.

OP
OP
allenkeeton

allenkeeton

Jun 26, 2014
cartersville, GA.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The idea i had in mind is already drawn out on paper. Has a sound theory, and now just needs some good old fashioned building skills to come to life. It's not meant to classify material (which i do think those are cool), but instead to concentrate cons even finer than before, allowing you to easily pan out what you have.

Just for S***s and giggles i checked the price to get a patent in case it worked extremely well... all i can say is WOW! costs soooo much...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread