Theory on slightly better boxes

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
Went to a newly opened peoples united bank to find a half machine [coin counter that takes halves]

Well my theory is this - with the addition of coin counters that take halves and none willing to sell bags from a counter in over a 1 hour driving radius i figure silver taht would have been gotten by hunters is now making it to boxes. I know for a fact i missed plenty to bags they would not sell me.

Upvote 0

db23

Mar 18, 2011
I got 3 Skunks from Peoples this past weekend... Anymore of that and they'll be turning into a dump! I have to try and stalk them to see which armored car service they use. ;D

Do you know how many halves the machine takes?

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are exactly right. With more banks installing coin-machines and not selling the bags to CRHers, more silver will make to the boxes.

In my area one credit union branches installed the newer version coin counting machines which counts every denomination into one big 500-lb bin. One major bank branches send out changes every time they have a pickup without accumulating to $500. These things are the reason that I can still find silver in my boxes once a while.

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My bank won't sell their bag. It is 1 big bag that all the change gets dumped into. They don't even deal with it. When it's full they call the service to come get it. They take it out and leave with it.

The tellers never touch it.

I soooooo wish I could buy that bag. I see people using it every day.

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
db23 said:
I got 3 Skunks from Peoples this past weekend... Anymore of that and they'll be turning into a dump! I have to try and stalk them to see which armored car service they use. ;D

Do you know how many halves the machine takes?

They use Dunbar. Their customer machines do not take halves.The larger branches have counters in the back room that the tellers count for the customers.
I used to buy half dollar boxes from them a couple of years ago,all skunks.
HH
Rich

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread