There is GOLD in them thar soccer fields

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went out today swinging some local baseball and soccer fields. I wasn't finding much but clad and trash and was literally about to pack it in. I was swinging the goalie box finishing up the field on the way back to the truck when I got a zinc hit. I dig down about 4 inches and pin pointed the hole. The target was just to the right in the sidewalk so I dug at an angle and laid the shovel full down. Probed and out popped this 14K Gold ring. My very first. I was just in awe. I looked around because of my excited tones. Did not want to make a scene. I knew I would not top this so I called it a day.

Here are the keepers
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1480889458.777534.jpg

Batmobile and looks like a 45 cal shot also

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1480889558.662487.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1480889597.879590.jpg

Upvote 28

KENTUCKYWONDER

Feb 28, 2016
West Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful ring! That would make anyone's day! Great finds.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet GOLD! Nice find

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice gold! :occasion14:

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet you won't ever forget your first.

Sleepy

Jan 20, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX White's Spectrum XLT, 2 Fisher CZ21's, 2 Tesoro Compadre's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice band and 14kt makes it even more awesome. Nothing like that feeling of first time popping a nice gold ring out of the ground. That and finding an old silver coin the first time is a feeling that can't be put in to words. How many times have you taken it back out and looked at it lol? Congratulations!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your 1st gold. :occasion14: I can see why you quit for the day. had to celebrate... right? :occasion14: Are you still swinging the F2? if so what coil were you using?

nor kal kid

Feb 19, 2014
northern kalifornia, Bay area
Detector(s) used
XLT, Mxt all pro, garrett pp.coils 10"DD, 950, 12"spyder.for mxt all pro. Coils for xlt 950 and 15" magnum force field "depth plus"mxt max coil.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the gold.

JoeDirty

Oct 7, 2016
Denver Colorado
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejón Black with a 5.75 concentric coil,
Tesoro Compadré 5.75 coil, Makro Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im in awe as well! Great find man!

Benjamin52

Apr 26, 2011
Germany
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS :-:
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure its 14k? Stamp? Looks way better than 14k! Will never forget my first gold ring. My advice=keep it as the memory is priceless

OP
OP
neodetectorist

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice band and 14kt makes it even more awesome. Nothing like that feeling of first time popping a nice gold ring out of the ground. That and finding an old silver coin the first time is a feeling that can't be put in to words. How many times have you taken it back out and looked at it lol? Congratulations!
Not too many times Sleepy, if you consider about 200x so far no a lot :tongue3:

OP
OP
neodetectorist

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your 1st gold. :occasion14: I can see why you quit for the day. had to celebrate... right? :occasion14: Are you still swinging the F2? if so what coil were you using?
Yes Loco, the F2 with Just the 8 inch stock coil. It has been a great machine for me. I am looking for a DD coil (screw in connector) for it but only if I can get this very cheap :laughing7: I want to upgrade detectors soon (possibly a Garrett Pro or even a Fisher Gold bug or F44) but would like at least try and see what the DD can add to this first.

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats. on nice ring, from that deep rich color it looks to be high kt. You sure have it shining like a diamond in a goats a** I can even see what appears to be reflection of the the coil and shaft of your machine in that 2nd. closeup. Lol

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes Loco, the F2 with Just the 8 inch stock coil. It has been a great machine for me. I am looking for a DD coil (screw in connector) for it but only if I can get this very cheap :laughing7: I want to upgrade detectors soon (possibly a Garrett Pro or even a Fisher Gold bug or F44) but would like at least try and see what the DD can add to this first.

Since you are already familiar with the Fisher VDI readings, I'd upgrade to the stock F75 and be sure you also get the 5" DD coil. It goes way deeper then the 4" coil for the F2. The DD coil on the F2 should give you a couple more inches of depth. One sold on ebay months ago for a little over $40.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the sweet gold ring!

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the beautiful gold ring. No turning back now....welcome to a wonderful addiction! Looks like your ring is a heavy little booger too....have you weighed it?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread