SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought I'd wait until Blue Monday to share my biggest, best, most fake ring find which dropped into my scoop at the end of this summer. It has the color, weight and stones that had my knees knocking, but is not even the tiniest bit real. I got a nice adrenaline rush though, and for the hour drive home to my diamond and gold testers, the thrill of possibly having found the "big one".

Hope that everyone has a fabulous new year and that all of your 2014 finds are shiny and real.

Attachments

• fake 4.jpg
    fake 4.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 169
  • fake 3.jpg
    fake 3.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 143
Upvote 0

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cook Brothers Sell rings like that one for $5 for flea markets !!

OP
OP
SusanMN

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
General, I have to think the owner knew it was fake because it would have been extremely expensive if real. It would do a great job of fooling others though.

Big Scoop, it doesn't really bother me to get a big faker like this, it was gorgeous in the scoop anyway and I didn't need to track down the owner.

Ron, $5 sound like a good price for it.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
6284o.jpg feel your pain - this one would be 4+ carats = at least the gold was real

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Wow Susan! We call that a nitro bomb. You heart just stops when you see that ring shining in the scoop. Sorry this one was fake.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Susan , that is one nice looking ring; I have found my share of those,too.

I wish you the best on your next detecting adventure.

Lorraine

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, that sucks. I can only imagine the high you were on after you dug that honker! I think you are correct that the loser knew it was a fake. A lot of people who have real jewelry like that also have exact copy fakes for wearing in places where there is a higher chance of losing it. That could be what this is, or could be a a regular flea-market junker. It really doesn't matter I guess.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel your pain! That is quite a looker!

I do not get that excited when I pull the glittery sparkler from the ground unless I have an overwhelming hunch it is the real deal, I just keep hunting and will look at it at home! I've gotten skunked more than a few times. I now do the happy dance at home, scares less people that way!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread