There was a silver find today ...buying Ice cream.

gypsybandit

Feb 4, 2011
Tenn
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Was headed home after a rainy day here in Tn.. metal detecting was out and it's Saturday... darn.. I suggested we stop by a fast food chain and get a couple of ice cream sandwiches they offer... the clerk handed me the goodies then the change .. clunk.. My wife said ..that change sounds funny..like silver (taught her well).. well I look and behold I have 3 silver Quarters in change... I asked my wife give me some money quick.. I beeped the horn ..they came back to the drive through window.. something wrong? yes! MVC-112S.JPG .. I forgot to ask for change... here's a Five can I get some Quarters? Sure...here's $5.00 worth... thanks and I drove away with a hand ful of silver best silver find this month! several Ms 63 or better 1964-D's and one is a D over D .. Wow ... Gotta love the Ice Cream!
MVC-113S.JPG

Upvote 2

Cleetus

Oct 24, 2011
Salt Lake City, Ut.
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are you nuts? why didn't you and your wife start going through the drive in window separately and both of you start asking for more Change? Then repeat the process until it didn't work any longer?

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's nuts. What in the hell are the odds of that ever happening? lol Congrats on a great bunch of silver!

OP
OP
gypsybandit

gypsybandit

Feb 4, 2011
Tenn
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Was headed home after a rainy day here in Tn.. metal detecting was out and it's Saturday... darn.. I suggested we stop by a fast food chain and get a couple of ice cream sandwiches they offer... the clerk handed me the goodies then the change .. clunk.. My wife said ..that change sounds funny..like silver (taught her well).. well I look and behold I have 3 silver Quarters in change... I asked my wife give me some money quick.. I beeped the horn ..they came back to the drive through window.. something wrong? yes! View attachment 653980 .. I forgot to ask for change... here's a Five can I get some Quarters? Sure...here's $5.00 worth... thanks and I drove away with a hand ful of silver best silver find this month! several Ms 63 or better 1964-D's and one is a D over D .. Wow ... Gotta love the Ice Cream!
View attachment 653981
didn't want to be greedy ... maybe the next guy will have as much fun as We Did... ha aha

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've found alot of silver in my change through the years,,,, but not a handful of quarters !!!!,,, Congrats !!!!!

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! Quarters are worth about $5.00 each! 5.00 X 18 = $90.00! You just turned 5 bucks into almost one hundred!:hello2:

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to go back,I'd go back tomorrow and ask for more quarters,the clerk is not very aware of silver price today.Exellent silver finds.:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread