Theres a CRHer at my dump bank

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a CRHer at my dump bank

Went into a branch of a dump bank to deposit some re-rolled halves (I use other branches of the bank for loose coin dumps; this one's machine won't take halves). The teller was very nice and remarked to the other tellers "Oh, these are half dollars, we need to call Mr. so and so". I ask her if there's a customer that wants halves and she says "yes, he's always asking for them and wants us to hold for him any that are '64 or earlier". She then asks me if I know whether they are from '64 or earlier, to which I say "probably not." (I should have told her "I don't know" so the other CRHer would get my dumped rolls, but I decided to be nice). Anyway, I never hunt at this bank anyway, so no big loss. At least the CRHer who has this branch wrapped up doesn't seem to know or care about 40% halves. This is the first I heard about a CRHer at this branch, so maybe he's picked up the many other rolls I've deposited there. I wonder whether the same CRHer was try to dump and pick up teller halves from the same branch, since this branch calibtrated their coin machine not to take halves (maybe because they were sick of dealing with them).

Anyway, looks like there's a CRHer on my beat, but he may be picking up a lot of my dumps.

Upvote 0

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went into a branch of a dump bank to deposit some re-rolled halves (I use other branches of the bank for loose coin dumps; this one's machine won't take halves). The teller was very nice and remarked to the other tellers "Oh, these are half dollars, we need to call Mr. so and so". I ask her if there's a customer that wants halves and she says "yes, he's always asking for them and wants us to hold for him any that are '64 or earlier". She then asks me if I know whether they are from '64 or earlier, to which I say "probably not." (I should have told her "I don't know" so the other CRHer would get my dumped rolls, but I decided to be nice). Anyway, I never hunt at this bank anyway, so no big loss. At least the CRHer who has this branch wrapped up doesn't seem to know or care about 40% halves. This is the first I heard about a CRHer at this branch, so maybe he's picked up the many other rolls I've deposited there. I wonder whether the same CRHer was try to dump and pick up teller halves from the same branch, since this branch calibtrated their coin machine not to take halves (maybe because they were sick of dealing with them).

Anyway, looks like there's a CRHer on my beat, but he may be picking up a lot of my dumps.

Time to have some fun with him. Go get one of those big fat silver sharpies and mark your edges all silver, all the way around. Then write on the obverse "Welcome to the game!"

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
::Laughs her head off:: OMG! I would be so steamed if I got any of those. I was actually thinking about getting a bunch of canadian quarters or dimes, wrapping them up and write on it "Canadian Silver - Enjoy!!"

Hugs and Smiles,
Garoulady

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011

Not much of a CRH'er it seems. You might want to tell your tellers that you collect the ones from 1965 to 1970...

kennedyfan

Jul 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
Bank Tellers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could also just use a marker and write "64" on the sides of the rolls!

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
I would of spray painted all of them silver, then write 1964 UNC. on the rolls.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread