tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this in a pile of utensils and dang no salad fork in there to go with it. I've sold maybe 3 sets of these rose wood handle and sterling salad set from Mexico now and the first set went for a little over 90 bucks like 18 years ago, but now it seems there selling under 20 bucks. This thing was the standard utensil price of 75¢ each and being it's just the spoon I think I'll just pull it apart and toss the silver end with my little pieces of silver scrap, plus it'll be interesting to see exactly how much silver is on the end of these things. They're not really made flimsy on the silver spoon end and I may get 3/4 of an ounce of .925 out of it I'm thinking?. That all seems a shame, but if people don't wanna give on them like in the past, I rather just add it to the pile of miscellaneous smalls of silver scrap.

Attachments

• IMG_20190209_063833683.jpg
    IMG_20190209_063833683.jpg
    992.2 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_20190209_063911759.jpg
    IMG_20190209_063911759.jpg
    853.1 KB · Views: 116

niffler

Mar 19, 2008
Coos Bay, Oregon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, DFX, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Killer B Hornets, Stealth 720i scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would start scooping myself some ice cream..looks heavy duty! Seems a shame to scrap it.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would start scooping myself some ice cream..looks heavy duty! Seems a shame to scrap it.
The gal at the checkout said, "what is this, an ice cream scooper". I'm not sure that wood handle would hold up to frozen ice cream all that well. Maybe I'll get lucky and score just the fork on eBay and clean them up to use. They're not all that rare, as I've seen them with some frequency over time and sets are always coming up on eBay. It could sell okay by itself to someone looking for a spoon to add to an orphan fork?. About 3 months ago I found in a TS just a stopper for a lalique perfume bottle for cheap. I started it at a low price and I think it got as much as 25 bids and it sold dang near as much as a complete bottle and stopper would sell for. I guess there's always someone out there wishing that had the what ever other to make what they have complete.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice looking spoon! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread