There's always the next hunt

KyDigNQueen

May 30, 2016
KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Was excited to hunt a new location today with my husband. It's a church dating back to the1840's. We spent 2 hours scouring the place. All I found was 1 quarter, 1 dime and one penny. I met up with my husband at the truck and asked if he'd had any luck. He said nope. I only found 1 quarter, a dime and 1 penny. Haha. We both found 36 cents each. Lol! Just makes me appreciate my last hunt even more, and the ones still to come. Anyway, I dug a bunch of junk just to find the clad. I had been told this site had already been detected but was hoping they had left some behind. Don't think they did! 20160705_122846.jpg 20160705_122515.jpg

Attachments

• 20160704_081210.jpg
    20160704_081210.jpg
    498.3 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Upvote 8
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Your next hunt will have matching gold rings! :headbang:

Keep digging the trash it may be masking the goodies below!

GL & HH

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey KDQ..I had the same experience last fall, got permission to hunt an old church near me dating back to early 1800's, and the caretaker even gave me the grand tour, telling me about the history and even showed me the building out back (now updated) where the traveling preacher would keep his horses and stay. And to my surprise, found very little...just a gold plated locket, a few old wine bottle caps and some change..but the experience was nice and I learned some more local history and also made a new friend! A quick hunt of the cemetery across the road only produced a handful of rifle casings..Remember: the fun is in the hunt...and finding stuff is just a bonus...ddf

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is what we have all experienced, at one time or another, and it stinks too. All the promise and expectations of a great hunt leaves your head scratching, wondering where all the goodies are.
Best of luck on your next endeavors...

Fixitdave

May 11, 2012
Reminds me of song lyrics one Bourbon one scotch and one beer lol and I don't even drink your trip out was better then my last hunt I got double handful of can slaw and I thin 1986 dime woohoo happy hunting

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't believe that there are very many sites totally hunted out I hunt the Arboretum in Ann Arbor MI where Michigan metal detecting club has came many times 50 plus people believe me there is still plenty off good stuff granted a little tuffer to find. I think that members myself included don't post our hunts where we don't have a silver or relic ect and we see all the todays finds reality for me lots of clad hunts and pull tabs I still love it.. Your turn and mine will come!!!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet! Nice set of double clad finds! It all adds up!

There is something there, it maybe just a tad too deep for the detector, covered by a little too much can slaw, i guaranty you, the guys who detected it before you did not cover every square inch. There may very well be something at the edges of the property.

I well remember a not so hot detecting day at the beach once...a hand full of pop tops (that was the "good" part!) and "half" a corroded zinc!

We all have those days, but you enjoyed the company!

OP
OP
KyDigNQueen

KyDigNQueen

May 30, 2016
KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice that you hunt with your spouse. Good luck on the next hunt

Thanks Trap. I actually bought him a metal detector for Christmas. After seeing him dig up a Barber, IH, aND a Merc I wanted one, too! Thought it would be a nice hobby for us to share time with eachother. We go solo at times, as well. It's nice to share the enthusiasm with someone who gets it when you find something cool. It was pretty awesome he was there when I found that ring, just like I helped him dig up his Merc. He's my best friend :love4:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread