Theres Silver In The Wheat

deano

Oct 25, 2008
sioux city ,iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus 2, Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 900, Nokta Makro Legend, Nokta Makro Simplex
There's Silver In The Wheat

Got out with a couple hunting buddies Mike (dulac) and Jim (go4old) to a spot where 2 houses are slated for demolition to make way for a new bridge across the creek. Neither one of the houses are super old (1938 and 1926) but the yards are huge and we all got some silver and had a great day. The wheat pennies are plentiful, I found 15 the other day and yesterday I got 23, Jim got 25 and Mike got 13, 76 total. My first find yesterday was the '30 SLQ the date is barely legible but it's there, then I got the '57 Rosey and the '47s Washington. I believe that the piece of silverware I found is silver, it's not magnetic and it heats up and stinks when I got it wet and wrapped it in aluminum foil. I also found the key and the dog tag. I think the dog tag is from the '30s as it has a 5 digit phone number on it and I'll have to do some research on the key. It has the letters SC TRY CO on it, I'm sure the SC stands for Sioux City but not sure about the rest. I'm also posting a pic of some finds I made during after work hunts last week. Some days at work seem like they are never gonna end but when 3:30 comes I hit the turf and time flies. I managed some silver and an I.H., '18s, 44s and a'42 Merc a '53d Rosey and a '01 I.H.. Thanks for looking, and HH.
Deano

101_0329.jpg

101_0326.jpg

Upvote 0

wwace

Jan 4, 2006
Anchorage AK
Detector(s) used
Exterra 70, Etrac, AT Pro
Re: There's Silver In The Wheat

geez that's an awesome haul, there has to be plenty more around them houses, I would camp out there lol

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice finds :icon_thumleft: that silver cleaned up good Good Hunting Dd60

gmsparky

Aug 14, 2007
metro detroit
Detector(s) used
dfx, m6, prizm III

great day !!! i love those standing liberty's, no matter the condition i've never found on , yet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread