These FINDS make me a believer... Pics included

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
Hello Everyone!!!
I have read on here many times about people finding things in change machines like Coinstar for an example. Well today at a local grocery store my wife was waiting in line at customer service and I was standing a few feet from the coinstar machine when I thought about what I read in forums on this site. So as I was standing there being bored I thought, "What do I have to lose" so I looked. I was AMAZED!!!! Below you will find a list of what I found and some pics for you non belivers, Which I am a true beliver now.
This is the VERY first time I have ever looked in the change machine with great results.
P.S. can anyone help me with the GOLD medal with the angel on it. I am going to have it tested to see if it is gold. I think it might be plated.

Thanks for looking!!!!
Jason

LIST of finds:
1954 Silver quarter
1959 Silver Dime
GOLD Color religous medal
Beat up dateless Jefferson nickel
Beat up dateless Lincoln memorial penny
1987 foriegn penny
1992 100 yen? japanesse or china
2 arcade tokens
and 1 CHUCKY CHEESE TOKEN!!! GO CHUCKY LOL!

Attachments

• coinstarfinds.jpg
    coinstarfinds.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 722
  • ReligousMedal.jpg
    ReligousMedal.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 724
Upvote 0

B|lker

Apr 3, 2006
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 And
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason i just found one of the religous medals in a desk drawer. but mine feels to light to be even brass.

Great finds though.

Silver Fox

Dec 8, 2007
New York City, USA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
Shake-N-Bake said:
Hello Everyone!!!
I have read on here many times about people finding things in change machines like Coinstar for an example. Well today at a local grocery store my wife was waiting in line at customer service and I was standing a few feet from the coinstar machine when I thought about what I read in forums on this site. So as I was standing there being bored I thought, "What do I have to lose" so I looked. I was AMAZED!!!! Below you will find a list of what I found and some pics for you non belivers, Which I am a true beliver now.
This is the VERY first time I have ever looked in the change machine with great results.
P.S. can anyone help me with the GOLD medal with the angel on it. I am going to have it tested to see if it is gold. I think it might be plated.

Thanks for looking!!!!
Jason

LIST of finds:
1954 Silver quarter
1959 Silver Dime
1987 foriegn penny
2 arcade tokens
Not the same as your fortunate finds, but back in the early '60s I was seated in the waiting room of a bus terminal. The room was quite large with a lot of benches and one wall line with telephone booths. I may have been alone in the room. All of a sudden I heard a sound that I recognized immediately and it was one of the telephones for some reason discharging what could have come from a lengthy long distance call. I checked each booth until I found the one with the change slot full of coins and more coming as I emptied it. A few dollars worth of quarters, dimes, and nickels. Of course, back in the early '60s it was silver coins. But the mentality for such coins was not like our present mentality. Those were "regular" coins and worth only their face value. Oh, how do times change!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Silver Fox said:
Shake-N-Bake said:
Hello Everyone!!!

Thanks for looking!!!!
Jason

LIST of finds:
1954 Silver quarter
1959 Silver Dime
1987 foriegn penny
2 arcade tokens
Not the same as your fortunate finds, but back in the early '60s I was seated in the waiting room of a bus terminal. The room was quite large with a lot of benches and one wall line with telephone booths. I may have been alone in the room. All of a sudden I heard a sound that I recognized immediately and it was one of the telephones for some reason discharging what could have come from a lengthy long distance call. I checked each booth until I found the one with the change slot full of coins and more coming as I emptied it. A few dollars worth of quarters, dimes, and nickels. Of course, back in the early '60s it was silver coins. But the mentality for such coins was not like our present mentality. Those were "regular" coins and worth only their face value. Oh, how do times change!
:thumbsup:

Great going Jason.....Don't know if it's Gold but pretty cool.Congrat's and HH!!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
guardian angel type token coin shaped most likely gold plated -- yes south korean 100 won coin ---british penny or cent from british common wealth country--and 2 silver coins ---very nice haul ---Ivan

OP
OP
Shake-N-Bake

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
Thanks everyone for the help! I will update Tuesday about the angel token, when the local coin and jewelery shop opens and let you know if its plated gold or not.

I am still amazed how people dont seem to check or clear out the discard stay. But I guess for know on I will be checking the discard tray, so I hope they don't. More treasures for us hunters!!!

Have a great day and holiday!!!
Jason

Also want to mention thanks to all of you VETS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread