These Wheats are Shot!

shallowdigger65

Sep 20, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
A couple more finds from last week at the old park. 2 wheats, both literally shot! The right is a 1913 plain. There was no discernable date on the left, but it was in the same area of the other. It looks like part of the bullet still remains in the penny in the left one. Has anyone seen anything like this? Why would someone shoot such nice wheats...

Thanks for looking,
Shallowdigger

Attachments

• DSCF0012.JPG
    DSCF0012.JPG
    413.9 KB · Views: 369
Upvote 0

filthyflyer39

Oct 18, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Minelab Safari
What he didn't tell you is that there was another wheat in this area that wasn't shot (I was there with him)
Nice finds dad ;)

DirtFlipper

Greenie
Oct 7, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro, White's MXT
I've found a couple like that. I suspect they are victims of an aeration job, or some other spike-like tool that went through the area.

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JerDfx hasn't made a finds post in a little bit, but his last one had an IH cent that was shot like that. Neat find :icon_thumright:

Curious The George

Sep 4, 2008
East Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Metrotech
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did Annie Oakley ever perform in that park when she was touring? Check your local history, you may have something.

Dec 27, 2005
Bay Area Ca.
Detector(s) used
White's M6, SPECTRA V3I.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
when I was a small boy my father would sometimes shoot small coins when he was trying to teach me marksmanship skills. any way thanks for sharing and hh. also just remember when the coins were shot they were just common pocket change. what makes coin hunting such a great hobby..Thanks again for bringing back some very fond memories of my child hood...:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread