Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This investigation and case(s) have been going on for a while. There are some great YouTube videos who drill down into it. Funny, because we see it is possible to manipulate these markets, it makes me wonder if the US is doing it right now, so they can procure physical gold for their repatriation commitments? If so, nobody will get charged for that...

OP
OP
Alex Burke

Alex Burke

Apr 3, 2013
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH, GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Every year GSax tells the world what the price of gold is going to be at the end of the year and they are never far off. If the price of gold wasn't attached to the electronic paper gold markets and seen as an alternate investment to the dollar theoretically less people would have the motivation to keep the price of gold low to protect the value of different markets or the dollar?

The federal reserve has people from the big banks on their regional boards here in the US so I'm sure the fed and the bankers on the boards are looking out for our economies best interests. I know my bank practices some borderline moral business practices and settles class actions with customers after fighting them for years so I like to hope nobody from my bank is on the fed reserve boards but I'm sure they probably are.

I would like to see our money backed by physical gold and think it would be good for the country for many reasons.

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
yep price fixing has been going on and will continue to happen for as long as there is a large profit to be had! I still remember the GATA (Gold anti trust act) that had them realing back in the 70 / 80s

OP
OP
Alex Burke

Alex Burke

Apr 3, 2013
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH, GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
yep price fixing has been going on and will continue to happen for as long as there is a large profit to be had! I still remember the GATA (Gold anti trust act) that had them realing back in the 70 / 80s

I've read a little about the GATA act and that's forgotten history and interesting to read about. Personally I'm not looking to get assassinated lol so I'll leave the cause to the modern crusaders I just thought it was extremely strange to see not one mention of this story. I mean not one single mention in a any of the precious metal sections on any of the forums I visit! Tinfoil hat time for me I guess:) Did LBJ killed JFK?

Anyways back to the topic but not really as I never stay on topic. I used to look up an expired claims here in Ca and see the adjacent claims were huge claim blocks on the financial books of companies, valued at insane numbers that they will never mine. I remember seeing "Bear Placer" on the Miner Diggins site last year and looked it up only to find next door to the claim a pretty large lode claim block on the books of a foreign company probably valued in the 10's of millions if I had to guess, good luck with that project!

I saw that this crappy claim was closed by water way back and thought it would be funny if I miraculously overturned the water closure under that one provision "public law or public rule # (I can't remember) and sold it to the adjacent investor at a bargain for like 30k for my escape to Alaska. I mean if your properties worth 100million isn't my buffer claim with water access worth 30k:) But then I thought no that's just too corrupt I can't do it lol.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread