They Found Gold! free download of a TH classic recommended by KvM

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Quark

Apr 8, 2009
Pacific NW
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the link. My Norton 360 protection popped up a warning about the site, but the reviews said it's because it's a file repository and there could be malicious content in some of the files. I saved the book as a .pdf file and passed my virus scanner's check as OK.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dig4gold

Dec 11, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Minelab Safari
Just saw these links, they look great! Now that I will have a day or two off I might get time to sit down and read them.

Thanks mucho!

dig4gold

Rando said:
Awesome links..
Right click, Bookmark this page....

;D

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Karl was a great treasure hunter and a great teacher. Merry Christmas.

OP
OP
chirper97

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
godisnum1 said:
In case anyone has missed these, Homesteader posted them up over in the Free section...
I'm still in the process of reading the hardback copy of The Treasure Hunter which I found in a used bookstore. :)

A Claim In The Hills (Diamond Hunting e-book)
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,277731.0.html

The Treasure Hunter - Robin Moore & Howard Jennings (e-book)
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,275680.0.html

Bran <><

Recommend getting a copy of Roatan Odyssey, by Anne Jennings Brown, after you finish the wonderful The Treasure Hunter. The two books will 'take you there' as actual treasure and associated hardships are explored:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Roatan-Odys...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1260122318&sr=8-1

or directly from the author at [email protected]

:icon_thumright:

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, I'll look into that book... :thumbsup:

Bran <><

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
godisnum1 said:
They Found Gold by A. Hyatt Verrill (1936)
http://www.archive.org/download/theyfoundgold006969mbp/theyfoundgold006969mbp.pdf

...here's another I found on that site,

The Adventures Of A Treasure Hunter by Charles P. Everitt (1951)http://www.archive.org/download/adventuresofatre011412mbp/adventuresofatre011412mbp.pdf

Bran <><

Hey, Bran. I found the Everitt book in a used bookstore about 20 years ago and it's a good one. He gives info on finding little known valuables in old papers and old books. Just the information on collectible printers' pages is great for browsing old bookstores and yardsales for somethings very few people know about. :thumbsup:

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101, Garrett AT Pro
Thanks for the free book info!! And to the other posters, thanks for the free books info too. I will read these in my Treasure Hunting Finds & Stories PODCAST.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

skt

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shortstack said:
godisnum1 said:
They Found Gold by A. Hyatt Verrill (1936)
http://www.archive.org/download/theyfoundgold006969mbp/theyfoundgold006969mbp.pdf

...here's another I found on that site,

The Adventures Of A Treasure Hunter by Charles P. Everitt (1951)http://www.archive.org/download/adventuresofatre011412mbp/adventuresofatre011412mbp.pdf

Bran <><
Hey, Bran. I found the Everitt book in a used bookstore about 20 years ago and it's a good one. He gives info on finding little known valuables in old papers and old books. Just the information on collectible printers' pages is great for browsing old bookstores and yardsales for somethings very few people know about. :thumbsup:

SS... thanks for the information about that book! I'm looking forward to reading it when I get the chance. I'm still in the middle of reading The Treasure Hunter by Moore & Jennings. Here's my recent used bookstore finds... ;D
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,286501.0.html

Bran <><

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bran, those other books look interesting, too, but the Everitt book will teach you little known facts about collectible Americana paperwork. Things like contracts and letters of historical people and the one thing I really appreciated is how valuable many of the woodcut prints and engraved printing house "marks" are. He points out that the book may not be worth anything, but the printing house's "mark" and name could be very valuable; so valuable that the title page can be cut from the book for archiving in acid free slip covers and not lose its value. There are also valuable illustrations done by well known artists that are highly collectible. Everitt made his living finding papers, books, etc. for auction houses and on consignment for collectors.
I never finished reading the book so I don't know where to research for the valuable book "marks", but it shouldn't be real difficult to find that info.

I think I'll start reading it again.

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Read and re-read Karl manuals, and you learn how to be a treasure hunter. Best of luck to you.

ZINCLID

Apr 2, 2010
ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
Mostly Tesoro units-I've owned five of them--but I've used Whites,Fishers,Garretts,Nautilus, Minelab, and Detex.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've read THE TREASURE HUNTER by ROBIN Moore...an excellent read I read probably back around 1990...they were hunting Aztec gold or something like that in the Yucatan or Andes or something like that...I need to reread that book...I recall him saying that he had to keep the knowledge of how to use the detector out of the heads of those folks who allowed him to search because he felt like it would be a danger to him and his few hunting partners (Including a pretty lady) if the locals figured out that they could easily operate the detector themselves...

Another interesting book I read was RICHARD KNIGHT'S TREASURE. The story of an English actor who decides to try to locate Captain Kidd's Buried Caches. He supposedly found them on a small island off the border of Vietnam called Hon Tre Lon. He was discovered by boat patrols and arrested and placed in prison for a while--the government thought him to be a spy and the 2-box detector he carried to be some type of communications device. Interesting story and supposedly he was able to rebury some of the loot before capture---you see, he was on second trip to Hon Tre Lon for more of the loot when he was captured.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread